Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Has the Big 12 Commish or B12 Presidents made any official announcement regarding...
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
Has the Big 12 Commish or B12 Presidents made any official announcement regarding...
An expansion candidate is no longer being considered for conference membership?
10-05-2016 06:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
RE: Has the Big 12 Commish or B12 Presidents made any official announcement regarding...
(10-05-2016 06:44 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  An expansion candidate is no longer being considered for conference membership?

Of course not. Why would they do that. What conference has ever broadcast to the world that a certain school is no longer under consideration. No one does that.
10-05-2016 06:48 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Has the Big 12 Commish or B12 Presidents made any official announcement regarding...
Has any president of a school that was being considered for Big 12 membership announced their school is no longer being considered?
10-05-2016 06:53 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(10-05-2016 06:53 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  Has any president of a school that was being considered for Big 12 membership announced their school is no longer being considered?

Big 12 no longer considering East Carolina, UNLV, New Mexico for expansion
AP 2:15 a.m. EDT September 1, 2016

EXCERPTS:

East Carolina, UNLV and New Mexico are out of the Big 12’s expansion derby.

Officials at each school said Wednesday that they were notified by the Big 12 that they are no longer being considered for membership.

East Carolina spokesman Tom McClellan says Commissioner Bob Bowlsby notified Chancellor Cecil Staton of the decision Tuesday by phone.

Athletic director Jeff Compher says it’s “obviously not the decision we were hoping for,” but expressed satisfaction that “we were able to tell our story to not only the Big 12, but the entire nation.”

UNLV President Len Jessup and athletic director Tina Kunzer-Murphy issued a statement later in the day to acknowledge the Rebels were no longer being considered. UNLV has been a member of the Mountain West since 1990.

New Mexico President Robert told the Albuquerque Journal that the school “received very positive feedback from the Big 12,” but was informed it would no longer be part the conference’s expansion search. The Lobos are also a member of the Mountain West

It’s not yet clear if any other schools have received similar notification from the league, which announced July 19 that its presidents had authorized Bowlsby to begin evaluating schools for possible expansion of the 10-team conference by two or four members.

The conference has not commented publicly on its plans nor has it committed to adding any schools.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nca.../89652064/

Here is another:

Boise State out of the running for Big 12 expansion
KTVB , KTVB 2:17 PM. MDT September 01, 2016

BOISE - Boise State is no longer a candidate for Big 12 conference expansion, the university confirmed on Thursday.

In a statement, Boise State president Bob Kustra said the university provided the required information to begin the process of expansion talks, but "the conversations didn't get far enough to spark a deep analysis
on what the partnership could have meant to either Boise State or the Big 12."

http://www.ktvb.com/sports/ncaaf/boise-s.../312574477
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2016 07:46 PM by TripleA.)
10-05-2016 07:33 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

So only four presidents from schools that were considered for expansion has publicly stated they were notified by the Big 12 they would no longer be considered for membership. However, as of yet the Big 12 Commish nor the Big 12 school presidents have not stated publicly which schools are still in contention and those that aren't. Nor do we expect them to do such a thing.

So if we are to believe that 21, 22 or however many supposed candidates were under consideration for B12 membership, only four program have been eliminated and everyone else is still under consideration right?
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2016 08:11 PM by BamaScorpio69.)
10-05-2016 08:10 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(10-05-2016 08:10 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  So only four presidents from schools that were considered for expansion has publicly stated they were notified by the Big 12 they would no longer be considered for membership. However, as of yet the Big 12 Commish nor the Big 12 school presidents have not stated publicly which schools are still in contention and those that aren't. Nor do we expect them to do such a thing.

So if we are to believe that 21, 22 or however many supposed candidates were under consideration for B12 membership, only four program have been eliminated and everyone else is still under consideration right?

Ask the media, not me. It is their list. You asked if ANY presidents had announced they were out. I just gave you four.

The original media list was 17 schools, but others were added by various outlets, with 20 being the max, IIRC, depending upon whom you relied. The first cut supposedly took it down to 11.

So of the 6 to 9 supposedly out, 4 of those stated publicly they were out. In addition, the Temple president, iirc, said publicly he had not heard one way or the other from the Big 12.

So that is potentially 5 of at least 6 minimum, allegedly cut, whose presidents said something publicly. The one who didn't, from what I think is the original list of 17 (although I am not 100%, and have no intention of looking it up for you)? Memphis.

Here is another bit of info. McMurphy came on Memphis radio to explain why he declared Memphis out. He said the other presidents on the original list all confirmed, off the record, that they were still under consideration, or not. Except Memphis.

He felt that if Memphis was still in the mix, the president would be happy to confirm. But he didn't, so McMurphy assumed that meant Memphis was out.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2016 08:28 PM by TripleA.)
10-05-2016 08:25 PM
Advertisement

DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
(10-05-2016 07:33 PM)TripleA Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 06:53 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  Has any president of a school that was being considered for Big 12 membership announced their school is no longer being considered?

EXCERPTS:

Officials at each school said Wednesday that they were notified by the Big 12 that they are no longer being considered for membership.

East Carolina spokesman Tom McClellan says Commissioner Bob Bowlsby notified Chancellor Cecil Staton of the decision Tuesday by phone.

Athletic director Jeff Compher says it’s “obviously not the decision we were hoping for,” but expressed satisfaction that “we were able to tell our story to not only the Big 12, but the entire nation.”

UNLV President Len Jessup and athletic director Tina Kunzer-Murphy issued a statement later in the day to acknowledge the Rebels were no longer being considered. UNLV has been a member of the Mountain West since 1990.

New Mexico President Robert told the Albuquerque Journal that the school “received very positive feedback from the Big 12,” but was informed it would no longer be part the conference’s expansion search. The Lobos are also a member of the Mountain West

It’s not yet clear if any other schools have received similar notification from the league, which announced July 19 that its presidents had authorized Bowlsby to begin evaluating schools for possible expansion of the 10-team conference by two or four members.

The conference has not commented publicly on its plans nor has it committed to adding any schools.

Here is another:

BOISE - Boise State is no longer a candidate for Big 12 conference expansion, the university confirmed on Thursday.

In a statement, Boise State president Bob Kustra said the university provided the required information to begin the process of expansion talks, but "the conversations didn't get far enough to spark a deep analysis

There is a key issue here that Boise State's President Kustra made a boo boo. The Big 12 never told him they were not being considered. The first three were notified by the Big 12 that they were not being considered, and Boise State was not notified.
10-05-2016 08:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-05-2016 08:25 PM)TripleA Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 08:10 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  So only four presidents from schools that were considered for expansion has publicly stated they were notified by the Big 12 they would no longer be considered for membership. However, as of yet the Big 12 Commish nor the Big 12 school presidents have not stated publicly which schools are still in contention and those that aren't. Nor do we expect them to do such a thing.

Ask the media, not me.

I didn't ask you specifically. I'm just asking in a general sense.
10-05-2016 08:41 PM
rtaylor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bearcats
(10-05-2016 08:36 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  

EXCERPTS:

Here is another:

There is a key issue here that Boise State's President Kustra made a boo boo. The Big 12 never told him they were not being considered. The first three were notified by the Big 12 that they were not being considered, and Boise State was not notified.

03-lmfao
10-05-2016 08:45 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(10-05-2016 08:41 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  

Ask the media, not me.

Your original question was, "Did any presidents announce they were out?" I answered that and provided links and excerpts, which you omitted in your re-post.

Beyond that, as far as what to believe, everybody is free to believe whatever they want.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2016 09:15 PM by TripleA.)
10-05-2016 09:11 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-05-2016 09:11 PM)TripleA Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 08:41 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  

Ask the media, not me.

And I gave you a general answer, which you omitted in the re-post.

Of the original 17, 11 are reported as still in. That is the answer to your question, as far as what the media is telling you to believe.

The other 6 (or maybe up to 9, but at least 6) are reported out.

Four of those 6 to 9 released statements confirming they were out.

A fifth school said they know nothing, either way.

A sixth (Memphis) had no comment.

The other 3 (reported by some but not all), I didn't keep up with. But we have 11 reported still in, and at least one reported out, with no comment.

As far as what to believe, everybody is free to believe whatever they want.

[Image: facepalm.jpg]
10-05-2016 09:16 PM
Advertisement

BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I'm not interested in what the media is reporting. Most here don't believe what the media is reporting. I'm asking if the Big 12 has not officially announced publicly or privately whether or not an expansion candidate is still under consideration, isn't the only thing we can use as confirmation is what comes from officials of expansion candidates involved in the process?

And so far, that is only 4 candidates that has officially acknowledge the Big 12 has eliminated them from the process. So everyone is else is still alive, 11, 17, or whatever the amout candidates remaining. Right?
10-05-2016 09:34 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
Brett McMurpy, the most reliable reporter, without question, over the past decade on expansion issues (has never proven to be wrong on expansion) wrote specifically that there were 11 schools remaining. In addition only 11 schools made in person presentations. Why would a school still be under consideration and not be invited to make a presentation.

But yeah go ahead and think differently. It's your choice.
10-05-2016 11:31 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(10-05-2016 09:34 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  I'm not interested in what the media is reporting. Most here don't believe what the media is reporting. I'm asking if the Big 12 has not officially announced publicly or privately whether or not an expansion candidate is still under consideration, isn't the only thing we can use as confirmation is what comes from officials of expansion candidates involved in the process?

And so far, that is only 4 candidates that has officially acknowledge the Big 12 has eliminated them from the process. So everyone is else is still alive, 11, 17, or whatever the amout candidates remaining. Right?

I agree, only 4 candidates have officially acknowledged they are out.

So, since the Big 12 isn't saying anything at all about candidates, that is the only confirmation out there. That seems obvious.

But your initial question was did ANY of the presidents so acknowledge, so I linked the 4 who did.

And my original point was that the media is reporting Memphis is out, and I say until the Big 12 or Memphis president states that publicly, then I don't consider them out.
10-05-2016 11:33 PM
Realignment Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USC Trojans
My guess would be that they're down to 6 teams in Air Force, BYU, Cincinnati, Houston, UCF & USF. But now with this Nebraska story out, maybe they wait until the end of the December and see if they can get the networks to lure Nebraska back to the league. Maybe ESPN & FOX are floating the idea because they can add a different team to the Big Ten and UConn would be my guess for that.
10-06-2016 01:26 AM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
(10-05-2016 11:33 PM)TripleA Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 09:34 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  I'm not interested in what the media is reporting. Most here don't believe what the media is reporting. I'm asking if the Big 12 has not officially announced publicly or privately whether or not an expansion candidate is still under consideration, isn't the only thing we can use as confirmation is what comes from officials of expansion candidates involved in the process?

So, since the Big 12 isn't saying anything at all about candidates, that is the only confirmation out there. That seems obvious.

But your initial question was did ANY of the presidents so acknowledge, so I linked the 4 who did.

And my original point was that the media is reporting Memphis is out, and I say until the Big 12 or Memphis president states that publicly, then I don't consider them out.

Big 12 have not said Boise State is out either. Just Boise State's President assumes that they are out, but he never said he was contacted by the Big 12 that said they were out. The President is hoping for a PAC 12 invite like UConn is hoping for a Big 10 or ACC invite. Brett McMurphy sometimes is not 100% correct about realignment. Big 12 have proved him wrong this year alone. He is really more clueless like the rest of us about the Big 12.
10-06-2016 02:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bearcatfan1211 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats
(10-05-2016 08:36 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  

EXCERPTS:

Here is another:

WTF?

No really...what the actual F***?

I know everybody says ignore him, but this couldn't just go by.

"Tell you what Kustra...you aren't out of the running, but I can tell you that you are 19 out of our 22 options."

Kustra response = we are out
Davidst response = 02-13-banana
10-06-2016 09:54 AM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(10-06-2016 02:19 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  

Big 12 have not said Boise State is out either. Just Boise State's President assumes that they are out, but he never said he was contacted by the Big 12 that said they were out. The President is hoping for a PAC 12 invite like UConn is hoping for a Big 10 or ACC invite. Brett McMurphy sometimes is not 100% correct about realignment. Big 12 have proved him wrong this year alone. He is really more clueless like the rest of us about the Big 12.

David, Kustra of Boise announced that Boise is not being considered for the Big 12.
Cheers!
10-06-2016 09:55 AM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-05-2016 11:31 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  Brett McMurpy, the most reliable reporter, without question, over the past decade on expansion issues (has never proven to be wrong on expansion) wrote specifically that there were 11 schools remaining. In addition only 11 schools made in person presentations. Why would a school still be under consideration and not be invited to make a presentation.

But yeah go ahead and think differently. It's your choice.

There is a reason why I am asking and it is not for my own amusement. Who were the 11 eleven that made in person presentations and was this verified by the schools that made the presentations?
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2016 11:04 AM by BamaScorpio69.)
10-06-2016 11:02 AM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

My initial question was has the Big 12 Commish or Big 12 school presidents acknowledge who is in and who is out which is the title of this thread.

You provided links from four school presidents that were candidates for expansion that the Big 12 informed them they were no longer being considered.

What is clear is that some are believing what is being reported by the media and some aren't regarding who is still in consideration and no longer in consideration.
10-06-2016 11:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.