ACC choosing 'schedule padding'?
10-05-2016 09:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

H.U.S.T.L.E. Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: VT / JMU
RE: ACC choosing 'schedule padding'?
Gotta love a short blurb disparaging the ACC for scheduling FCS games without a side-by-side comparison to any other conference.

Oh look, an article that took 1 minute to Google showing how conferences are scheduling FCS & FBS ooc games: http://gridironnow.com/2016-schedules-se...ower-five/
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2016 10:02 AM by H.U.S.T.L.E..)
10-05-2016 09:59 AM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
Can this go in the other 8-2 / 9-1 thread...?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
10-05-2016 10:20 AM
Schema Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Clemson
I know that each school in the ACC is different. However, at Clemson, sticking with eight conference games is absolutely not about protecting FCS games. It has been made very clear that the top priority is to have seven home games each year, or at least nearly every year. So, FCS games are staying, regardless of whether the ACC has eight or nine conference games. What sticking with eight games does, is to ensure that a second P5 game stays on the schedule.

So, at least with Clemson, sticking with eight conference games is all about making sure there is flexibility to allow a second P5 game each season, and not about making sure FCS games stay on the schedule. Those games against in-state FCS schools are staying regardless of the outcome of the vote, at least that is what we learned from the last time the conference moved to nine games and match-ups against Ole Miss and Oklahoma State were promptly dropped by Clemson.

In short, eight conference games will mean better overall schedules and better television inventory, at least at a school like Clemson.
10-05-2016 10:31 AM
Advertisement

lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

I Root For: ACC
(10-05-2016 09:52 AM)TIGER-PAUL Wrote:  http://thebiglead.com/2016/10/05/acc-cho...e-network/

Why would anyone in the ACC give a **** about what a mediocre Meeechigan hack writes?

Moreover, the article is factually wrong.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2016 10:43 AM by lumberpack4.)
10-05-2016 10:42 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
(10-05-2016 09:52 AM)TIGER-PAUL Wrote:  http://thebiglead.com/2016/10/05/acc-cho...e-network/

[Image: 59249751.jpg]

07-coffee3
10-05-2016 12:00 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Because right now Louisville and Michigan could be two one loss teams battling for that last play-off spot. How anyone could with 8 home games, haven't played a road game yet, have the nerve to talk about anyone schedule padding. Jim Haurbaugh invented the fluff schedule.

The road games are at Rutgers, Michigan State (just lost to Indiana), Iowa (lost to an FBS program) and Ohio State (seasonal arse whipping)
10-05-2016 01:36 PM
Lou_C Offline
1st String

I Root For: Florida State
People that take this approach to the issue are just exceedingly stupid, or simply know better and are being disingenuous.

In what universe is Baylor's or Washington's schedule tougher than Clemson or Syracuse's schedule, simply because of 9 conference games? Every schedule can be easily measured on it's own merit, and the idea that Michigan State playing Purdue is somehow a tougher game than Clemson playing Auburn is just idiotic.

I have no patience for this argument from anyone...you're either stupid, or you're saying something you don't actually believe.
10-06-2016 02:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.