Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hurricane warning
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
Hurricane warning
Will Hurricane Matthew impact the three teams in North Carolina's Research Triangle? NC State, UNC and Duke are all at home Saturday afternoon. The storm track appears to have taken a westward shift, and is expected to make landfall near the NC-SC border. The big question is when.
10-04-2016 11:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tj_2009 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: Hurricane warning
It looks like the eye of the hurricane may skirt the coast of florida, georgia, south carolina, north carolina and virginia starting on Friday thru Sunday. Probably a good reason to cancel the games in my opinion or move the dates for the games.
10-04-2016 12:43 PM
4x4hokies Offline
All American

I Root For: VT
VT fans are speculating moving to Thursday, moving to Blacksburg, or cancelling altogether. What are UNC, Duke, NCSU fans hearing?
10-04-2016 12:56 PM
Lucy Offline
All American

I Root For: Wake Forest

DonatorsCrappies
The Wake/Syracuse game could be a washout as well.
10-04-2016 01:23 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
There is a Hurricane Warning ... at Hard Rock Stadium for Miami v FSU because we gonna rock dem safety school kids from up north! In all seriousness looks like a straight shot impact for SC/NC border. Hope all you folks in the Piedmont area stay safe and dry!
10-04-2016 01:25 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(10-04-2016 01:25 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  There is a Hurricane Warning ... at Hard Rock Stadium for Miami v FSU because we gonna rock dem safety school kids from up north! In all seriousness looks like a straight shot impact for SC/NC border. Hope all you folks in the Piedmont area stay safe and dry!
This took longer than I thought...

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using CSNbbs mobile app
10-04-2016 01:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-04-2016 01:29 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 01:25 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  There is a Hurricane Warning ... at Hard Rock Stadium for Miami v FSU because we gonna rock dem safety school kids from up north! In all seriousness looks like a straight shot impact for SC/NC border. Hope all you folks in the Piedmont area stay safe and dry!

I guess the other Miami / FSU fans are prepping for the storm.
10-04-2016 01:51 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
Wishing and hoping that everyone in the hurricanes path comes out safe and fine. Please take the necessary precautions to safeguard yourselves and your families. It looks as though Sarasota will be on the edge of the hurricanes path. Im hoping we miss it.
10-04-2016 02:11 PM
Lucy Offline
All American

I Root For: Wake Forest

DonatorsCrappies
My husband has heard that State & ND are in discussions regarding contingency plans for Saturday's game. Latest projections for Raleigh are for 4.55 inches of rain between late Friday through Saturday.
10-04-2016 02:42 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-04-2016 02:11 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  Wishing and hoping that everyone in the hurricanes path comes out safe and fine. Please take the necessary precautions to safeguard yourselves and your families. It looks as though Sarasota will be on the edge of the hurricanes path. Im hoping we miss it.

You should be safe on that side of the state. Worried about my grandparents near Daytona, though. Looks like it could get rough. 04-jawdrop
10-04-2016 02:48 PM
HRFlossY Offline
1st String

I Root For: L' ville
Oh the Joys and the Curse of living on the coast.....03-pissed

Hope everyone takes the necessary precautions.
FlossY Out...04-wine
10-04-2016 02:59 PM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
[Image: Hurricane%20Matthew%20Track_147552803201...preset=6up]
10-04-2016 03:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(10-04-2016 02:48 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 02:11 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  Wishing and hoping that everyone in the hurricanes path comes out safe and fine. Please take the necessary precautions to safeguard yourselves and your families. It looks as though Sarasota will be on the edge of the hurricanes path. Im hoping we miss it.

You should be safe on that side of the state. Worried about my grandparents near Daytona, though. Looks like it could get rough. 04-jawdrop

I live up in Rochester. If we get a direct hit in Sarasota, I'll likely have to make a trip down there after the storm to see about my family's property. Hopefully, all of my loved ones will come out fine. I'd much rather they come out fine than some property though. I hope your grandparents are ok.
10-04-2016 03:16 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
SC Governor Nikki Haley "can't imagine" South Carolina and Georgia playing Saturday night in Columbia.
-- @MattatTheState

DARLING NIKKI
10-04-2016 03:30 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-04-2016 03:16 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 02:48 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  

I live up in Rochester. If we get a direct hit in Sarasota, I'll likely have to make a trip down there after the storm to see about my family's property. Hopefully, all of my loved ones will come out fine. I'd much rather they come out fine than some property though. I hope your grandparents are ok.

Thanks ... they live along the waterway/St Johns River so I am a little worried about possible storm surge. Still to early to tell, I think. Their building is a skyscraper tho so they could theoretically take shelter with neighbors upstairs if needed.
10-04-2016 04:27 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

Forecast path now is for a landfall or clip near Daytona Beach. I am very worried about storm surge since fam is along the intracoastal but thankfully it looks like the storm will be coming in during the daytime hours. A mandatory evac will be going out for family's area but they are so old they cannot leave. Plan to go upstairs to a friend's condo if it gets bad. Elevator right outside their door is protected from the elements.

Miami vs FSU is still going to happen on Saturday at 8pm. Confirmed by univ. UM is however closed effective immediately thru the end of the week. No classes. Dining halls open but that's it.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2016 03:59 PM by Ole Blue.)
10-05-2016 03:59 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(10-05-2016 03:59 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  Forecast path now is for a landfall or clip near Daytona Beach. I am very worried about storm surge since fam is along the intracoastal but thankfully it looks like the storm will be coming in during the daytime hours. A mandatory evac will be going out for family's area but they are so old they cannot leave. Plan to go upstairs to a friend's condo if it gets bad. Elevator right outside their door is protected from the elements.

Miami vs FSU is still going to happen on Saturday at 8pm. Confirmed by univ. UM is however closed effective immediately thru the end of the week. No classes. Dining halls open but that's it.

Lets hope the game is still going to happen. From what I have been hearing, this is going to be a really bad one. Im hoping that we miss it entirely down in Sarasota. We havent had a direct hit since, I believe, hurricane Elena back in 85. Glad your grandparents can take refuge upstairs on higher ground. They should be safe from high waters.
10-05-2016 08:49 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-05-2016 08:49 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 03:59 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  Forecast path now is for a landfall or clip near Daytona Beach. I am very worried about storm surge since fam is along the intracoastal but thankfully it looks like the storm will be coming in during the daytime hours. A mandatory evac will be going out for family's area but they are so old they cannot leave. Plan to go upstairs to a friend's condo if it gets bad. Elevator right outside their door is protected from the elements.

Lets hope the game is still going to happen. From what I have been hearing, this is going to be a really bad one. Im hoping that we miss it entirely down in Sarasota. We havent had a direct hit since, I believe, hurricane Elena back in 85. Glad your grandparents can take refuge upstairs on higher ground. They should be safe from high waters.

Miami should only get tropical storm force winds and avoid most of the brunt of the storm, fortunately. Looks particularly bad for folks from Palm Beach up to Duval. Crazy
10-06-2016 10:24 AM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU

Ditto. 03-lmfao I thought that may be what the thread was about before clicking on it.
10-06-2016 11:26 AM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-06-2016 11:26 AM)_C2_ Wrote:  

Ditto. 03-lmfao I thought that may be what the thread was about before clicking on it.

Then we're doing something right!
10-06-2016 11:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.