Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2 points in the Coaches' Poll
Bookmark and Share
HarborPointe Online
North American Champion

I Root For: Southern Miss
2 points in the Coaches' Poll
http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/foo...ches-poll/

On a side note, South Alabama, at 3-2 with losses to Georgia Southern and Louisiana-Lafayette (who's lost to Tulane & New Mexico State), also received 2 points. The Belt's even better at ballot-stuffing than CUSA right now.
10-02-2016 04:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Italians
RE: 2 points in the Coaches' Poll
..votes....not points. This ain't baseball.
10-02-2016 05:23 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(10-02-2016 05:23 PM)Nuggets Ghost Wrote:  ..votes....not points. This ain't baseball.

wrong, as usual. its points like Harbor said, not votes.
10-02-2016 05:39 PM
Eagle9 Offline
Special Teams

Correct Reggie. We got two points. Which could mean we got 2 votes at #25 or 1 at #24
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2016 08:24 PM by Eagle9.)
10-02-2016 05:56 PM
Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

..It's a coach's poll...they vote.......no points are cast, this ain't Golf people.
10-02-2016 05:57 PM
HarborPointe Online
North American Champion

A school gets 1 point for being #25 on someone's ballot, 2 points for being #24 on a ballot, etc., on up to 25 points for being #1. The released poll is the result of adding up everyone's point totals and ranking them accordingly. 2 points could be 2 votes, both at #25, or it could be just 1 vote at #24.

There. You learned something today. Think of this thread as your own personal ABC After School Special.
10-02-2016 06:02 PM
Advertisement

Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

..They Vote....They don't Point.....This ain't Track and Field guys.
10-02-2016 06:04 PM
HarborPointe Online
North American Champion

It's explained right there in the poll release, Dr. Hawking.

Quote:HOW THE POLL WORKS
The Amway Coaches Poll is conducted weekly throughout the regular season using a panel of head coaches at FBS schools. The panel is chosen by random draw, conference by conference plus independents, from a pool of coaches who have indicated to the American Football Coaches Association their willingness to participate. Each coach submits a Top 25 with a first-place vote worth 25 points, second place 24, and so on down to one point for 25th.
10-02-2016 06:17 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(10-02-2016 06:17 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  It's explained right there in the poll release, Dr. Hawking.

Quote:HOW THE POLL WORKS
The Amway Coaches Poll is conducted weekly throughout the regular season using a panel of head coaches at FBS schools. The panel is chosen by random draw, conference by conference plus independents, from a pool of coaches who have indicated to the American Football Coaches Association their willingness to participate. Each coach submits a Top 25 with a first-place vote worth 25 points, second place 24, and so on down to one point for 25th.

The guy will never admit being wrong. Cant wait for him to continue to deny that you were right from the beginning and he had it wrong. Like a petulant child.

Anyway, we should get a handful more next week with a win. Lsu is much better without miles so not feeling near as good about that game now. Would still be nice going in there 5-1 if we can handle our business this Saturday.
10-02-2016 07:38 PM
Eagle9 Offline
Special Teams

This is why I have no sympathy for nugget when people attack him for his BS. He knows he's wrong. Just like he's been wrong a hundred times the last several years. Yet he still shows up with BS like this and accuses everyone else of being stupid. The guy is a troll.
10-02-2016 08:27 PM
Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

...nobody refer's to a team getting "points" in a poll....I've never heard a person who knows football say such a queer thing....SM got vote's in the poll...The correct way to refer to a team is "they received votes"....nobody say's points...except for some of you people....cause you're stupid.

learn more about football.....or go to bgn and donate to Ham Lanny to support his BBQ pork eating habit.

Nugget slam dunks over your tiny little heads....2 Points!!
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2016 08:49 PM by Nugget's Ghost.)
10-02-2016 08:42 PM
Advertisement

Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(10-02-2016 08:42 PM)Nuggets Ghost Wrote:  ...nobody refer's to a team getting "points" in a poll....I've never heard a person who knows football say such a queer thing....SM got vote's in the poll...The correct way to refer to a team is "they received votes"....nobody say's points...except for some of you people....cause you're stupid.

learn more about football.....or go to bgn and donate to Ham Lanny to support his BBQ pork eating habit.

Nugget slam dunks over your tiny little heads....2 Points!!

if youre 65+ years old, you may still refer t it as votes. haha! knew he couldn't admit defeat. funny, the polls themselves refer to it as points, not votes. you rarely have any idea of what youre talking about. lol 01-wingedeagle

http://warrennolan.com/football/2016/polls 03-nutkick
10-02-2016 09:14 PM
99beers Offline
Banned

I Root For: So Miss
A poll is somewhere you place your vote. One receives points for said votes. Dumb dumbs.
10-02-2016 09:16 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
HA!
If this mb had a HOF this thread would gain immediate induction.
10-02-2016 09:38 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

I just find it funny that NG didn't know how the point system worked with the polls. Figured most anyone following college football for years knew how they were calculated.
10-02-2016 10:17 PM
usmstang Offline
Banned

This is all so offensive to me and probably others as well...saying votes is racist and saying points is insensitive. I'm asking that you'll all be nice and maybe refer to them as "special ballots" when referring to those that Southern Miss receives. Thank you!
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2016 11:19 PM by usmstang.)
10-02-2016 11:18 PM
Advertisement

SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(10-02-2016 11:18 PM)usmstang Wrote:  This is all so offensive to me and probably others as well...saying votes is racist and saying points is insensitive. I'm asking that you'll all be nice and maybe refer to them as "special ballots" when referring to those that Southern Miss receives. Thank you!

They were probably just hanging chads that someone counted as pointed votes for lil' ole Southern Miss.
10-03-2016 02:09 AM
theheadeagle Offline
2nd String

(10-02-2016 10:17 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  I just find it funny that NG didn't know how the point system worked with the polls. Figured most anyone following college football for years knew how they were calculated.

I'm not one to defend anyone here.....but I've NEVER called it "points" either. Nor have I ever looked into how the system works...mainly because I don't really give a sh*t. More times than not when you get one or two "points" or "votes" it's your own coach.
10-03-2016 01:37 PM
CajunEagle Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-03-2016 01:37 PM)theheadeagle Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 10:17 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  I just find it funny that NG didn't know how the point system worked with the polls. Figured most anyone following college football for years knew how they were calculated.

I'm not one to defend anyone here.....but I've NEVER called it "points" either. Nor have I ever looked into how the system works...mainly because I don't really give a sh*t. More times than not when you get one or two "points" or "votes" it's your own coach.

Correct. Always heard it to be "votes". If a coach ( or his designee ) voted for a team to be #1, then that team got 25 votes from that head coach.
10-03-2016 02:38 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(10-03-2016 02:38 PM)CajunEagle Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 01:37 PM)theheadeagle Wrote:  

Correct. Always heard it to be "votes". If a coach ( or his designee ) voted for a team to be #1, then that team got 25 votes from that head coach.

Like NG, yall can chalk this up to learning something new every day then.
10-03-2016 03:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.