Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

KG is the best receiver in NIU History
Bookmark and Share
BDB5yp Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
The guy does everything. Catches well, runs well, is stronger and faster than most receivers his size. If he keeps up this production, he could very well be our next First round draft pick.
10-02-2016 12:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
RE: KG is the best receiver in NIU History
(10-02-2016 12:17 AM)BDB5yp Wrote:  The guy does everything. Catches well, runs well, is stronger and faster than most receivers his size. If he keeps up this production, he could very well be our next First round draft pick.

I think late first/early second is certainly a possibility
10-02-2016 12:18 AM
NIU32 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU
Easily our best WR. Can't wait to see what he runs his 40 in. He's fast, if he can post a legit 4.3 I do think the first round is definitely a possibility.

What's even more impressive is that he's putting these kind of stats up with all these Different QBs most of which have little to no experience. Could you image what he could do w a big time QB!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-02-2016 06:16 AM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

If he runs a 4.4 he's first round, 4.5 second round, 4.6 seventh round, 4.7 free agent. Millions at stake...
10-02-2016 06:55 AM
Suptroop Offline
2nd String

I think some people forget what a laser timed 4.3 actually looks like. I could be wrong here but based off my experience he'll clock conservatively at a 4.6, 4.5 at best...which is still fantastic. Corey Davis the same. His appeal isn't necessarily his speed. His length, strength/coordination, route running and prob most importantly handling skills. Will say I think Canada ran an upper 4.5 which I was surprised wth but i think was mostly due to his predraft training (and I'm pretty sure it was clocked by hand which makes a big difference. ) Canadas agility and starting speed weren't as good as gallodays (galloday is a far better possession reciever as Canada couldn't stick a move to save his life) but top end speed seemed comparable. Big difference between the two is gallodays routes are far better and he knows how to use his body (maybe a bit of pushing off) to create seperation. Alshon Jeffery and brandon Marshall are 4.5 guys...similar playing style and body types. Again could be wrong just a feeling.

Sent from my SM-G900T using CSNbbs mobile app
10-02-2016 07:51 AM
Dtownboys Offline
1st String

Hub Arkush had him in the 6th before the SDSU game. First round seems too early based off what else is out there at other positions and bigger name players. However I think he can only climb.
10-02-2016 07:55 AM
Advertisement

NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
I don't see..what others are seeing. We have had some excellent wideouts over.the years. McCariens,Hurd, and that recent grouping of Ashford,Moore,Palmer and Brown was impressive.
10-02-2016 07:55 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(10-02-2016 07:55 AM)Dtownboys Wrote:  Hub Arkush had him in the 6th before the SDSU game. First round seems too early based off what else is out there at other positions and bigger name players. However I think he can only climb.

Yea, he has to have already risen from 6th round. He just now has a QB that allows him to show his skills, and gives him lots of opportunities to do so.
10-02-2016 08:06 AM
Milwaukee Pilot Offline
1st String

(10-02-2016 07:55 AM)NIU05 Wrote:  I don't see..what others are seeing. We have had some excellent wideouts over.the years. McCariens,Hurd, and that recent grouping of Ashford,Moore,Palmer and Brown was impressive.

MAYBE McCareins----but the others aren't close. It was hard to really appreciate McCareins until he was gone. He was so instrumental in returning punts also.

Kenny is easily a Sunday receiver---I would think a second day pick, though.
10-02-2016 08:47 AM
foch41 Offline
1st String

(10-02-2016 12:17 AM)BDB5yp Wrote:  The guy does everything. Catches well, runs well, is stronger and faster than most receivers his size. If he keeps up this production, he could very well be our next First round draft pick.

There is NO WAY he'll go in the 1st or 2nd round, it's still NIU and nobody in the NFL respects us, I have a feeling he'll go undrafted and get picked up by the likes of someone like the Patriots
10-02-2016 09:06 AM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

Donators
(10-02-2016 09:06 AM)foch41 Wrote:  

There is NO WAY he'll go in the 1st or 2nd round, it's still NIU and nobody in the NFL respects us, I have a feeling he'll go undrafted and get picked up by the likes of someone like the Patriots

Unless he has a serious injury, no chance Golladay goes undrafted.
10-02-2016 09:11 AM
Advertisement

RedandBlackAttack Offline
1st String

Lmao here we go again with the everyone against NIU stick. Nobody is against NII, please stop.

Sent from my SM-G920P using CSNbbs mobile app
10-02-2016 09:11 AM
foch41 Offline
1st String

(10-02-2016 09:11 AM)RedandBlackAttack Wrote:  

Lmao here we go again with the everyone against NIU stick. Nobody is against NII, please stop.

It's not a conspiracy it's the truth, teams in the NFL are not paying attention to NIU. I understand that Golliday is amazing and could be a great player in the NFL BUT reality is that almost nobody in the NFL even knows about him.
10-02-2016 09:15 AM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(10-02-2016 09:15 AM)foch41 Wrote:  

It's not a conspiracy it's the truth, teams in the NFL are not paying attention to NIU. I understand that Golliday is amazing and could be a great player in the NFL BUT reality is that almost nobody in the NFL even knows about him.

NFL scouts look under every rock to find talent. FCS, Europe, rugby leagues. I guarentee every NFL team knows Kenny.
10-02-2016 09:24 AM
NILAW Offline

(10-02-2016 09:24 AM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 09:15 AM)foch41 Wrote:  

NFL scouts look under every rock to find talent. FCS, Europe, rugby leagues. I guarentee every NFL team knows Kenny.

Agree. How do you think Jimmie Ward was drafted in the 1st round!
10-02-2016 09:26 AM
NIU32 Offline
Heisman

Jimmie Ward and Larry English drafted in the 1st round. Wolfe and LeShon Johnson drafted in the 3rd. Free and Diem in the 4th, Turner in the 5th. Harnish and Da'Ron Brown in the 7th. That's just recent history too. Scouts go wherever they have to for talent.

Yes English was a bust (but should never have been in a 3/4 D, wish he got drafted to a 4/3 team. Also wish Wolfe and Lynch went anywhere by a Chicago but that's a whole different discussion), but Free is in his 10th year and has been starting a long time. Ward is really coming on of late. Turner had a great career and well as Diem. And we've also had some great UDFA's that went on to make NFL squads, Hurd, TLL, Spann, Melvin, Fleck, Britt Davis, Nathan Palmer, Hollis Thomas. The NIU respects our guys just fine

Also don't forget the infamous Shantone Powers story where he fell asleep after the draft while teams were calling to sign him as a UDFA and called back way too late and never got in a camp. We're all talking about Golladay being our best WR in history, but talent wise Powers was up there too. He had all the talent is the world but just didn't have the determination and mental part down at the time.

If Martel Moore doesn't get hurt at the end of Falcons camp a few years ago he might have made the team as well. He was another special one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2016 10:29 AM by NIU32.)
10-02-2016 10:22 AM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent

His name is already high on the lists of so many scouts. He would have to disappear to not get drafted
10-02-2016 10:32 AM
HuskieFootball Addict Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, NIU, NIU
(10-02-2016 07:55 AM)NIU05 Wrote:  I don't see..what others are seeing. We have had some excellent wideouts over.the years. McCariens,Hurd, and that recent grouping of Ashford,Moore,Palmer and Brown was impressive.

PJ FLECK. Everybody hates him & wants to ignore the fact that he is a Huskie & Played WR on the 2003 team that beat "Bama, Maryland & went 10-2. He still holds some records at NIU.

From Wiki-
"Fleck attended Northern Illinois University where he played wide receiver under head coach Joe Novak. As a senior, he led the Huskies with 77 catches for 1,028 yards and six touchdowns, a reception total that still ranks second on the school's single-season list. Fleck still owns the school record for career punt returns (87), is second in punt return yards (716), ranks third in career catches (179) and is fourth in receiving yards (2,162).[1] Hewasasecond teamAcademicAll-American as a senior and was twice voted team captain by his Huskie teammates.[2]"

As for Golloday - he's def NFL material. I think he will be drafted.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2016 11:19 AM by HuskieFootball Addict.)
10-02-2016 11:18 AM
ColoradoSpringsHuskie Offline
Bench Warmer

While listening to SDSU vs NIU on SDSU radio, one of the announcers (can't remember his name but he was a former player) mentioned that pro scouts are very interested in Golloday.
10-02-2016 11:34 AM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

Donators
(10-02-2016 11:18 AM)HuskieFootball Addict Wrote:  

PJ FLECK. Everybody hates him & wants to ignore the fact that he is a Huskie & Played WR on the 2003 team that beat "Bama, Maryland & went 10-2. He still holds some records at NIU.

From Wiki-
"Fleck attended Northern Illinois University where he played wide receiver under head coach Joe Novak. As a senior, he led the Huskies with 77 catches for 1,028 yards and six touchdowns, a reception total that still ranks second on the school's single-season list. Fleck still owns the school record for career punt returns (87), is second in punt return yards (716), ranks third in career catches (179) and is fourth in receiving yards (2,162).[1] Hewasasecond teamAcademicAll-American as a senior and was twice voted team captain by his Huskie teammates.[2]"

As for Golloday - he's def NFL material. I think he will be drafted.

Your point as to the OP is correct. PJ was a great, great Huskie. An outstanding college WR. All of us that saw him play at NIU remember and appreciate that.

As to the discussion regarding NFL prospects, PJ appeared in one game in his short NFL career. He spent the rest of his time on the practice squad or injured reserve. KG definitely has the potential to play regularly on Sundays and I think he will.
10-02-2016 11:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.