Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Clinton Mocking Sanders Supporters In Leaked Fundraising Recording
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Clinton Mocking Sanders Supporters In Leaked Fundraising Recording
Oh, that will go over well with the Bernie folks…

Quote:Leaked audio of a conversation between Hillary Clinton and donors during a February fundraising event shows the Democrat nominee mocking Bernie Sanders supporters as “children of the Great Recession” who are “living in their parents’ basement.”

Speaking at a Virginia fundraiser hosted by former U.S. ambassador Beatrice Welters, Clinton laments in a clip released by the Free Beacon Friday that many of her former primary opponent’s supporters sought things like “free college, free healthcare,” saying that she preferred to occupy the space “from the center-left to the center-right” on the political spectrum.

During the conversation Clinton confesses to feeling “bewildered” by those to her far-left and far-right in the election.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/hi...eak-228997
09-30-2016 11:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
RE: Clinton Mocking Sanders Supporters In Leaked Fundraising Recording
(09-30-2016 11:28 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  Oh, that will go over well with the Bernie folks…

Quote:Leaked audio of a conversation between Hillary Clinton and donors during a February fundraising event shows the Democrat nominee mocking Bernie Sanders supporters as “children of the Great Recession” who are “living in their parents’ basement.”

Speaking at a Virginia fundraiser hosted by former U.S. ambassador Beatrice Welters, Clinton laments in a clip released by the Free Beacon Friday that many of her former primary opponent’s supporters sought things like “free college, free healthcare,” saying that she preferred to occupy the space “from the center-left to the center-right” on the political spectrum.

During the conversation Clinton confesses to feeling “bewildered” by those to her far-left and far-right in the election.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/hi...eak-228997

A pre-basket of deplorables comment, eh? I wonder how many more will turn up before election time? It makes me puke how she presents herself as the darling of tolerance and acceptance, and yet, she slams Trump for things he says but she does the same thing in "private" to those who don't flock to admire her colorful pantsuits.
09-30-2016 11:50 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
I was a Bernie voter and I don't really see the problem with her comments. Is anything she said false? Folks are hurting, especially the younger generation. It makes sense for us to go after radical ideas, given the circumstances - that's what she said... Nothing ground breaking to me.
10-01-2016 12:39 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(10-01-2016 12:39 AM)Ole Blue Wrote:  I was a Bernie voter and I don't really see the problem with her comments. Is anything she said false? Folks are hurting, especially the younger generation. It makes sense for us to go after radical ideas, given the circumstances - that's what she said... Nothing ground breaking to me.

So, you missed the mocking part.

Gotcha. 04-rock

I would have been embarrassed if I'd asked for a dime for spending money from my parents after about 19. Did they help with college, yes they did.

Did they fund my booze, bong, betting and broad budget?

No, they did not.

You're hurting (not you, generic)?

Go get a freaking job. As in, ANY job. Mommy and Daddy done did their part. 07-coffee3
10-01-2016 01:19 AM
Advertisement

BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
Who hasn't mocked a Bernie supporter? Have you spoke to many of them at all - they are clueless.
10-01-2016 04:50 AM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Who hasn't she mocked over the last 25 years? She hates the people she plans to rule. She is despicable when she thinks the camera's are not rolling.
10-01-2016 05:45 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
The more telling part was that she doesn't believe free college can be done but she will make the empty promise (lie) to win the vote of these people she mocks.
10-01-2016 07:41 AM
Advertisement

CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(10-01-2016 12:39 AM)Ole Blue Wrote:  I was a Bernie voter and I don't really see the problem with her comments. Is anything she said false? Folks are hurting, especially the younger generation. It makes sense for us to go after radical ideas, given the circumstances - that's what she said... Nothing ground breaking to me.

Lol at that. We are All hurting after 8 years of Hell under Obama !
10-01-2016 11:17 AM
HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
I am with her on this. Sanders supporters deserve the mocking for ignoring economics.
10-01-2016 11:25 AM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Let them eat cake!

That's how she feels inside.
10-01-2016 04:17 PM
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

Sanders says he's bothered by Clinton's remarks about young supporters

Bernie is pissed...hope his supporters take note.

Quote:Bernie Sanders on Sunday acknowledged being bothered by Hillary Clinton’s unflattering perception of the young Americans who backed his longshot primary bid against Clinton, saying their campaigns still have “real differences,” despite their joint effort to defeat Donald Trump.

“Of course it does,” Sanders, a Vermont senator, told CNN’s “State of the Union,” in response to a question about whether Clinton’s remarks at a fundraiser amid their hotly contested Democratic primary bothered him. “We have real differences.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/...d-him.html
10-02-2016 12:29 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

Hillary Camp Promises She Respects Basement Dwelling Sanders Voters After Leaked Audio…

Quote:Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s campaign responded to leaked audio that some called a criticism of Sen. Bernie Sanders’ supporters by trying to assure young voters she’s fighting for them.

In audio released Friday night, Clinton commented on the frustration felt by Sanders’ voters with the current political climate by saying “they are living in their parents’ basements” despite getting an education and a job. Clinton was criticized by Republicans and progressives alike who felt that she was insulting Sanders’ strong youth support.

In a statement released Saturday, Clinton’s campaign said she is actually fighting for millennials.

“She is fighting for exactly what the millennial generation cares most about — a fairer, more equal, just world,” the statement read. “She’s working to create new pathways to jobs and career opportunities, to build more inclusivity and community and to ensure everyone gets a fair shot.”

It’s a setback for Clinton among Sanders’ youthful supporters, who still widely see her as a dishonest politician who is a part of a system they hoped the Vermont independent could overthrow. Many headlines on Saturday accused Clinton of mocking Sanders’ supporters for their feelings and their new arrival to the political world.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2603371/
10-02-2016 03:37 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
She WILL push through TPP. I think Bernie knows this as well. He needs to be pressed on the issue.
10-02-2016 07:52 PM
Advertisement

mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
Bernie got his vaca house. It's all good.
In the end Bernie was able to be bought and paid for and willingly sold his soul and his followers for a bag of silver.
10-02-2016 07:56 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
It's just too bad Bernie is to weak to really say anything.

His behavior post primary has proven what a catastrophically inept, corrupt, and weak individual he is to his very core.
10-02-2016 08:02 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
(10-02-2016 08:02 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  It's just too bad Bernie is to weak to really say anything.

His behavior post primary has proven what a catastrophically inept, corrupt, and weak individual he is to his very core.

Indeed. He could've been a modern day patriot, a fighter for the little guy, fairness, and leveling the playing field. In the end he sold out.
10-02-2016 08:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.