Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Uggg Here We Go...Rowell Re-opens his Recruiting
Bookmark and Share
NIU32 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU
Uggg Here We Go...Rowell Re-opens his Recruiting
Easily one of our top recruits IMO....this sucks...

Rowell reopens his recruiting
EDGY TIM | Publisher
Elmhurst(Ill.) Immaculate Conception three star ranked senior running back recruit Jordan Rowell (6-foot-2, 188 pounds) has decided to reopen his recruiting process today. Rowell, who has been verbally committed to NIU since mid June talks about his decision and more here.

"I decided that I want to reopen my recruiting process," Rowell said. "I talked with the coaches at NIU last night (Wednesday) and let them know. I'm still committed to NIU but I also feel like I want to explore all of the opportunities that are available."

Rowell, who had multiple scholarship offers this summer before pledging to the NIU Huskies talked about his next steps in his recruiting process.

"I'm very focused on my team and my season right now and that takes top priority. I know that a few schools such as Iowa and Purdue showed a lot of interest in me before I committed. Both schools have checked in with me on occasion over the past few months but it's not been too much since they all knew that I was already committed. I'm just looking for a school that's the best possible fit for me."

Rowell informed the NIU Huskies coaching staff of his decision on Wednesday night.

"They said they we're disappointed that I wanted to look at other options but they also said they respected the fact that I called them to tell them about my decision. It wasn't an easy call for me to make but I just feel I need to leave things open for now and see what else is out there. I told the NIU coaches that I'm still verbally committed and I'm not in any hurry to get out to visit anyone. I just felt that I needed to let people know that I'm open to starting my recruiting up again."

Rowell and the Immaculate Conception Knights (5-0) are off to a tremendous start, ranked as the #1 team in the Week 6 Associated Press Class 3A poll.

No one brings you more Land of Lincoln's top prospects first than EDGYTIM.com

https://edgytim.rivals.com/news/rowell-r...recruiting
09-29-2016 12:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIU17 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: Uggg Here We Go...Rowell Re-opens his Recruiting
(09-29-2016 12:43 PM)NIU32 Wrote:  Easily one of our top recruits IMO....this sucks...

Rowell reopens his recruiting
EDGY TIM | Publisher
Elmhurst(Ill.) Immaculate Conception three star ranked senior running back recruit Jordan Rowell (6-foot-2, 188 pounds) has decided to reopen his recruiting process today. Rowell, who has been verbally committed to NIU since mid June talks about his decision and more here.

"I decided that I want to reopen my recruiting process," Rowell said. "I talked with the coaches at NIU last night (Wednesday) and let them know. I'm still committed to NIU but I also feel like I want to explore all of the opportunities that are available."

Rowell, who had multiple scholarship offers this summer before pledging to the NIU Huskies talked about his next steps in his recruiting process.

"I'm very focused on my team and my season right now and that takes top priority. I know that a few schools such as Iowa and Purdue showed a lot of interest in me before I committed. Both schools have checked in with me on occasion over the past few months but it's not been too much since they all knew that I was already committed. I'm just looking for a school that's the best possible fit for me."

Rowell informed the NIU Huskies coaching staff of his decision on Wednesday night.

"They said they we're disappointed that I wanted to look at other options but they also said they respected the fact that I called them to tell them about my decision. It wasn't an easy call for me to make but I just feel I need to leave things open for now and see what else is out there. I told the NIU coaches that I'm still verbally committed and I'm not in any hurry to get out to visit anyone. I just felt that I needed to let people know that I'm open to starting my recruiting up again."

Rowell and the Immaculate Conception Knights (5-0) are off to a tremendous start, ranked as the #1 team in the Week 6 Associated Press Class 3A poll.

No one brings you more Land of Lincoln's top prospects first than EDGYTIM.com

https://edgytim.rivals.com/news/rowell-r...recruiting
That stinks. He had over 200 yards rushing on St Edward (Elgin) last week - on 4 carries!!! 04-jawdrop
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2016 12:59 PM by NIU17.)
09-29-2016 12:58 PM
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

Unfortunately we will see more of this.
09-29-2016 01:02 PM
DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
He won't be the last.
09-29-2016 01:08 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
I would open up my recruiting also. Can't blame the kid. He sees a train wreck and no hope of it getting better
09-29-2016 01:14 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(09-29-2016 01:14 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  I would open up my recruiting also. Can't blame the kid. He sees a train wreck and no hope of it getting better

And you can always depend on Eeyore to...... Fuel To The Fire
09-29-2016 01:25 PM
Advertisement

thehappyhuskie Offline
1st String

i'll take the glass half full approach on this. His team is off to a 5-0 start, he had a game where he averaged 40+ yards per carry. Of course he's going to see if his stock has risen other places. *gasp* he might not even be a 3 star recruit by the end of this season, he might be a FOUR star recruit.
09-29-2016 01:27 PM
the_instigator Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: life
(09-29-2016 01:14 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  I would open up my recruiting also. Can't blame the kid. He sees a train wreck and no hope of it getting better

And he is looking at a bigger train wreck in Purdue?

You sure are quick to throw NIU under the bus for any little thing. Congrats you are the epitome of a fair weather, over reacting fan.
09-29-2016 01:29 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

(09-29-2016 01:27 PM)thehappyhuskie Wrote:  i'll take the glass half full approach on this. His team is off to a 5-0 start, he had a game where he averaged 40+ yards per carry. Of course he's going to see if his stock has risen other places. *gasp* he might not even be a 3 star recruit by the end of this season, he might be a FOUR star recruit.

That's a highly probable line of thought for an 18 year old star high school athlete...
09-29-2016 01:29 PM
HuskieBowWow Offline
All American

This is just one example and this kind of stuff happens every year. But if the general perception of recruits is that NIU football shows no signs of recovery, then Carey must go sooner rather than later. We can't continue to have bad recruiting classes year after year and expect to get better. Regardless of how SF views Carey's performance, he must realize that Carey has become a liability to the program.
09-29-2016 01:31 PM
GCD70 Offline
1st String

I Root For: niu
(09-29-2016 01:29 PM)the_instigator Wrote:  

You sure are quick to throw NIU under the bus for any little thing. Congrats you are the epitome of a fair weather, over reacting fan.

kids read these message boards and this one has been pretty brutal to its own school. I was told one time that programs are fragile
09-29-2016 02:08 PM
Advertisement

pantone1935 Offline
All American

I Root For: huskies
(09-29-2016 02:08 PM)GCD70 Wrote:  
(09-29-2016 01:29 PM)the_instigator Wrote:  

kids read these message boards and this one has been pretty brutal to its own school. I was told one time that programs are fragile

No, he probably just watched our games and our coaches in action.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09-29-2016 02:30 PM
huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
some of you are so soft...NIU program has deserved the scorn. this is a death spiral yet you want us to paint lipstick on the pig. in the case Madddawgz makes a ton of sense
09-29-2016 02:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(09-29-2016 02:41 PM)huskiealum03 Wrote:  some of you are so soft...NIU program has deserved the scorn. this is a death spiral yet you want us to paint lipstick on the pig. in the case Madddawgz makes a ton of sense

Quote:MaddDawgz02 Wrote:
I would open up my recruiting also. Can't blame the kid. He sees a train wreck and no hope of it getting better

Something's rotten in Denmark...errr DeKalb but....

"No hope"? "Death spiral"? Come on....really?
09-29-2016 02:48 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

We already know players on the team are telling high schoolers to not come to NIU. I just go back to that one thing, how many times when players have turned on a coach do things instantly get better. I cannot think of one time, seriously I cannot. Frazier has made it clear that everything is fine in the program so no coaching changes will be made. How does that not cause one to take an Eeyore (realistic) outlook on things?
09-29-2016 03:29 PM
NIU75 Offline
All American

(09-29-2016 01:27 PM)thehappyhuskie Wrote:  i'll take the glass half full approach on this. His team is off to a 5-0 start, he had a game where he averaged 40+ yards per carry. Of course he's going to see if his stock has risen other places. *gasp* he might not even be a 3 star recruit by the end of this season, he might be a FOUR star recruit.
It is a two way street. I am sure if NIU had a chance to get a better running back they would throw this student under the bus. Verbal commitment is not binding! It is a business folks.
09-29-2016 03:31 PM
Advertisement

GCD70 Offline
1st String

I Root For: niu
(09-29-2016 03:29 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  We already know players on the team are telling high schoolers to not come to NIU. I just go back to that one thing, how many times when players have turned on a coach do things instantly get better. I cannot think of one time, seriously I cannot. Frazier has made it clear that everything is fine in the program so no coaching changes will be made. How does that not cause one to take an Eeyore (realistic) outlook on things?

you better watch what you say on this board. you have no grounds to say what you say. Remember PJ sued a poster on the WMU board and I think that will become more prevalent in the future.
09-29-2016 03:35 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(09-29-2016 03:29 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  We already know players on the team are telling high schoolers to not come to NIU. I just go back to that one thing, how many times when players have turned on a coach do things instantly get better. I cannot think of one time, seriously I cannot. Frazier has made it clear that everything is fine in the program so no coaching changes will be made. How does that not cause one to take an Eeyore (realistic) outlook on things?

Do you have any substantiated examples of this?
09-29-2016 03:35 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(09-29-2016 03:35 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  

Do you have any substantiated examples of this?

It was reported by a blogger with an inside source
09-29-2016 03:38 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(09-29-2016 03:35 PM)GCD70 Wrote:  

you better watch what you say on this board. you have no grounds to say what you say. Remember PJ sued a poster on the WMU board and I think that will become more prevalent in the future.

Wasn't my report, it was reported by a reporter/blogger who tweeted he had an inside source.
09-29-2016 03:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.