Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So does Trail keep the job or Hayden Moore regain the spot?
Bookmark and Share
eroc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC, Liverpool
So does Trail keep the job or Hayden Moore regain the spot?
i'm listening on the ebn stream and it sounds like Trail and Moore are carbon copies. i suppose that means that Moore regains QB1 status when he gets healthy again but can someone run down how Trail compares to Moore?

09-24-2016 05:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bearcatseminole Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UC & N. Dakota
RE: So does Trail keep the job or Hayden Moore regain the spot?
(09-24-2016 05:47 PM)eroc Wrote:  i'm listening on the ebn stream and it sounds like Trail and Moore are carbon copies. i suppose that means that Moore regains QB1 status when he gets healthy again but can someone run down how Trail compares to Moore?

Just look at the turnover column - that will tell you everything that you need to know about both of these QBs

09-24-2016 06:04 PM
pat5775 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Hell sign me up. I've never played a game of organized football in my life but I was able to throw the ball accurately for 65-70 yards 6 years ago... When I was 21... And 215 lbs... And in shape... With two good knees... Never mind 03-hissyfit

09-24-2016 06:16 PM
Banter Offline
1st String

Trail looked better in the pocket. Less happy feet, but had accuracy issues throwing down the field. Both interceptions were fantastic plays by the DB's instead of terrible decisions.

09-24-2016 06:23 PM
Dannyboy Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats
Trail's arm is better and he goes through progressions better. And he runs better. He has way more upside. That was his first start as a RS Frosh. Of course he's going to make mistakes. The fumble wasn't even his fault. You have to have patience, he's 19.

The snaps he took today and mistakes he made are invaluable to his progress. He is very very talented. He will be great. Let him develop, play him, be patient.

09-24-2016 06:27 PM
crex043 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
(09-24-2016 06:23 PM)Banter Wrote:  Trail looked better in the pocket. Less happy feet, but had accuracy issues throwing down the field. Both interceptions were fantastic plays by the DB's instead of terrible decisions.
The WRs didn't do much to attempt to break up the INT, either.

He's got to have better awareness on what is happening in the pocket. Unless you're about to throw, you need to have that ball pulled in.

Considering he's a freshman and it was his first career start, he played pretty well.

09-24-2016 06:31 PM
Advertisement

Dannyboy Offline
All American

He dropped several deep outs into the bucket that no one else on this team could have thrown. It's all experience for him now. He needs snaps, coaching, film time, and practice with the 1s.

09-24-2016 06:35 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
He missed 2 TD passes. One went for an int.

09-24-2016 06:36 PM
Dannyboy Offline
All American

(09-24-2016 06:36 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  He missed 2 TD passes. One went for an int.

Yup, he sure did. He's not perfect, and he needs time out there. Today was a great learning experience. But I said it after Spring ball and the scrimmage, he's our best talent. Get him on the field and let him learn.

09-24-2016 06:39 PM
rtaylor Offline
Heisman

He turned it over 3 times. Do that against USF and they will bury us again.

09-24-2016 06:42 PM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
I have no confidence that either Trail or Moore can do enough on offense against USF. I'm sure we'll find out though.

09-24-2016 06:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
If Gunner is not available, as it appears that is the case, then I would stick with Ross. He's young and inexperienced but his athletic ability trumps Moore especially if the play breaks down. Moore hasn't shown any consistency and I don't believe he is our QB of the future (or near for that matter). It could get ugly next week against the USF defense but I think Trail actually gives us a better chance to win.

09-24-2016 06:52 PM
Dannyboy Offline
All American

Trail isn't going to lead us to a 12-0 season. He's going to have bad plays and bad games. But he's our most talented QB and he's the future. Play him.

09-24-2016 06:59 PM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(09-24-2016 06:27 PM)Dannyboy Wrote:  Trail's arm is better and he goes through progressions better. And he runs better. He has way more upside. That was his first start as a RS Frosh. Of course he's going to make mistakes. The fumble wasn't even his fault. You have to have patience, he's 19.

The snaps he took today and mistakes he made are invaluable to his progress. He is very very talented. He will be great. Let him develop, play him, be patient.

Trail does not have a better arm. I'm not sure who I like better but the edge in arm strength is to Moore

09-24-2016 07:16 PM
Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
Hayden Trail, Ross Moore... What's the difference? Does Gino have any eligibilty left? Or maybe Ben Mauk's appeal will finally go through...

09-24-2016 07:18 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Have to wonder if Kiel's injury was worse than we thought? Is his being held out, due to lingering health issues?

09-24-2016 07:19 PM
Advertisement

BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-24-2016 07:19 PM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  Have to wonder if Kiel's injury was worse than we thought? Is his being held out, due to lingering health issues?

One thing I have thought about was that Kiel got a neuro report back saying "Don't let him play ever again." But there would be little reason not to say that, because his NFL career would be over anyway. And then there's the point that they threw him out there at the end of Game 1...so if he's NOT cleared to play, then what the hell was that about.

Either way, I think we're going to have to accept that Gunner's career at UC is history. Whatever the reason, he's not going to be an option going forward. I'd put money that we see the "Wildcat" employed before we see Gunner Kiel take the field in a meaningful situation.

And we're not likely to ever know what happened. The coaching staff isn't saying anything. Gunner isn't saying anything. I'm not saying "You have to trust the staff," but we have no alternative but to accept the fact and move on.

09-24-2016 07:38 PM
Dannyboy Offline
All American

(09-24-2016 07:16 PM)RealDeal Wrote:  
(09-24-2016 06:27 PM)Dannyboy Wrote:  Trail's arm is better and he goes through progressions better. And he runs better. He has way more upside. That was his first start as a RS Frosh. Of course he's going to make mistakes. The fumble wasn't even his fault. You have to have patience, he's 19.

Trail does not have a better arm. I'm not sure who I like better but the edge in arm strength is to Moore

Trail's across the field throws are lower and faster. It's really not close.

09-24-2016 07:41 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
I really liked what saw from Trail today.

09-24-2016 07:44 PM
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
(09-24-2016 07:41 PM)Dannyboy Wrote:  
(09-24-2016 07:16 PM)RealDeal Wrote:  

Trail's across the field throws are lower and faster. It's really not close.

Really? From my vantage point he looked like he often put a little too much air under the ball.

09-24-2016 07:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.