Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TeamRankings SBC Projections
Bookmark and Share
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
Exclamation TeamRankings SBC Projections
09-21-2016 09:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EagleNationRising Offline
1st String

I Root For: GaSouthern
RE: TeamRankings SBC Projections
It's funny how Bama literally has a 100% chance of being bowl eligible
09-21-2016 09:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy
(09-21-2016 09:50 AM)EagleNationRising Wrote:  It's funny how Bama literally has a 100% chance of being bowl eligible

Well they do already have 3 wins under there belt and only need to win 3 more wins to become bowl eligible.

3 Bama wins without even breaking a sweat remaining this season.

1. Kent St
2. Kentucky
3. UT Chatt

I would say 100% is about right.
09-21-2016 10:01 AM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
.5% chance to win conference!!!
09-21-2016 10:07 AM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
We're getting a lot of respect for our past. Based on the way we've been playing the last several games these are high.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
09-21-2016 10:20 AM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(09-21-2016 10:07 AM)slycat Wrote:  .5% chance to win conference!!!

Soooo, they're saying there's a chance . . . .
09-21-2016 10:25 AM
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
We have the highest percentage to become bowl eligible at 99.6%

And 2nd highest to win the sbc.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2016 10:51 AM by Atlanta Trojan.)
09-21-2016 10:49 AM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
(09-21-2016 10:20 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  We're getting a lot of respect for our past. Based on the way we've been playing the last several games these are high.

I'll bet you were at about the same place last year at this time. People just have a tendency to forget the past, and your team is most likely going to be pretty darn good from here on out.

I would however recommend QB to not spot the other team 2 scores, and you don't need to get on the wrong side of the refs,especially on the road, but other than that your team is good to go.......just like last year, but probably better.

Enjoy the ride.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2016 10:53 AM by Seminole Indian.)
09-21-2016 10:52 AM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

(09-21-2016 10:52 AM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  
(09-21-2016 10:20 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  We're getting a lot of respect for our past. Based on the way we've been playing the last several games these are high.

I'll bet you were at about the same place last year at this time. People just have a tendency to forget the past, and your team is most likely going to be pretty darn good from here on out.

I would however recommend QB to not spot the other team 2 scores, and you don't need to get on the wrong side of the refs,especially on the road, but other than that your team is good to go.......just like last year, but probably better.

Enjoy the ride.

Looking forward to playing Arkansas State for the first time since '13.
09-21-2016 11:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I really don't think any SBC team is going to enjoy playing this team.

I realize, just like last year at this time, they look like easy pickings but probably not. I say that for real tangible reasons.

I have not watched any of their games, but the consensus up here is that they actually turned the corner in the 2nd half of the Auburn game.

They just got screwed by their starting QB, and refs in the Utah St game.

Could do something about the QB( something their HC figured out after allowing their center 8 bad snaps in his effort to "self-correct" in the Toledo game), but not the refs. When they are out to get you, you are just got.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2016 11:29 AM by Seminole Indian.)
09-21-2016 11:28 AM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

Another quick point about A-State 2016.

Their HC, basically spent the summer and fall camp hyping the fact he thought this team could have a shot at Dallas. Not their fans, not the posters here, not the media, their HC Blake Anderson, and he added he had never been so excited about a team in 24 years of coaching.

IMO that was a BIG mistake on his part, and IMO it cost them.

The point I want to make is the reasons he made those statements are very real, very tangible, and other than a RB are all still very much there.

Translated, this is a very, very talented A-State team. The most talented team in the SBC, and barring a lot of injuries, or any other missteps/misspeaks by their somewhat goofy HC something that should become evident as the season goes along.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2016 12:39 PM by Seminole Indian.)
09-21-2016 12:38 PM
Advertisement

NewJersey GATA Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern

4 game home streak to start conference play can get your team going. I wouldn't dismiss Ark St at all either.
09-21-2016 01:01 PM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
I'm almost certain Georgia Southern is a 43% favorite right now due to the fact they have played two teams in conference already. Not to say that they shouldn't be the favorite, but they haven't really played anyone at the moment whereas Troy has beat USM and played Clemson close.
09-21-2016 01:04 PM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

(09-21-2016 01:01 PM)NewJersey GATA Wrote:  

4 game home streak to start conference play can get your team going. I wouldn't dismiss Ark St at all either.

The issue is that Arkansas State has two transfer QB's vying for a starting spot as well as the transfer from Texas. It's going to take time to gel and as per usual, it's going to happen in conference.

Hopefully this time they can hold it together in their bowl game.
09-21-2016 01:06 PM
NewJersey GATA Offline
1st String

One thing I will say ........... Southern fans expect this team to win every game. Obviously it's virtually impossible with this schedule, but don't tell that to the alum. Going 2-2 on this road trip and 3-3 in the next six games is an achievement.

@ Western Michigan
@Ark State
@Georgia Tech
@New Mexico State
App State at home 5 days later
@Ole Miss

That schedule is the most brutal this school has ever encountered. I'd almost argue it's one of the most difficult in the country! Even flying 2,000 + miles to New Mexico is a drag for the easiest game of the 6. Personally I'm more worried about that game than the others because of the jet lag and App St game the following Thursday night. Team may not be focused
09-21-2016 01:15 PM
NewJersey GATA Offline
1st String

(09-21-2016 01:06 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  

The issue is that Arkansas State has two transfer QB's vying for a starting spot as well as the transfer from Texas. It's going to take time to gel and as per usual, it's going to happen in conference.

Valid argument .......... but Ark St is still a solid club. They have speed and have played the SBC opponents the best
09-21-2016 01:16 PM
Advertisement

ericsaid Offline
Heisman

(09-21-2016 01:16 PM)NewJersey GATA Wrote:  

Valid argument .......... but Ark St is still a solid club. They have speed and have played the SBC opponents the best

I didn't say they weren't solid. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they went 8-0 in conference again this year. The Sun Belt is weak from about the Top 5 down.
09-21-2016 01:18 PM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

Their coaches think they got it together after the 1st quarter last Friday, they just got screwed by the refs, BIG-TIME, against a team they were better than, and who is probably as good as any team left on their schedule.

Every report from their camp this week is that they are now hitting on almost all cylinders, for whatever reasons.

Their coach implied that mishandling the QB situation may have cost them three loses( I would go with two), but gave the strong impression he does not think it will cost them another one.

Said he thinks their fans are going to really like their offense going forward. Don't think he mentioned liking their defense.

That's the latest but remember Anderson is a little goofy at times, but his team is very, very talented.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2016 02:05 PM by Seminole Indian.)
09-21-2016 01:59 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
It is nice to have all these home games right now and they may be coming at the right time. Unfortunately it also means we are going be spending a lot of time on the road afterwards.
09-21-2016 05:57 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

(09-21-2016 05:57 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  It is nice to have all these home games right now and they may be coming at the right time. Unfortunately it also means we are going be spending a lot of time on the road afterwards.

Thursday night in Troy a couple months from now will a fun game for sure. Good luck to you guys leading up to it.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2016 08:21 PM by TroyFootball05.)
09-21-2016 06:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.