Appalachian State at Akron
Georgia Southern at Western Michigan
Texas State vs #6 Houston
Arkansas State vs Central Arkansas
South Alabama vs Nicholls
Louisiana Lafayette at Tulane
Idaho at UNLV
Troy vs New Mexico State COGS
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2016 11:20 AM by TroyFootball05.)
09-18-2016 11:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
RE: Week 4 Matchups / Predictions
(09-18-2016 11:16 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  Appalachian State at Akron
Idaho at UNLV

Looks right to me... however I'm not predicting our game.

Remember back in 2004 we beat a top 20 Missouri team and turn around the very next week and crapped the bed against NMSU. This is a classic trap game. Hope Brown has them ready.
09-18-2016 11:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
I think wmu beats us by 3 scores or more.
09-18-2016 11:44 AM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(09-18-2016 11:44 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  I think wmu beats us by 3 scores or more.

They're a pretty good squad this year and want some revenge on their home turf. I probably went out on a limb with my APP pick. I hope they prove me right.
09-18-2016 11:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
So, will transitive property come into play in the App game? Akron killed Marshall yesterday (65-28) so is App better than the past 2 years early season Access Bowl wanna be and put it to Akron? Has Marshall fallen that far or has App gotten that much better? I'll be pulling for App to take them down.

TXST vs Houston......I have nothing
[Image: hiding.jpg]
09-18-2016 12:03 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

(09-18-2016 12:03 PM)CatMom Wrote:  So, will transitive property come into play in the App game? Akron killed Marshall yesterday (65-28) so is App better than the past 2 years early season Access Bowl wanna be and put it to Akron? Has Marshall fallen that far or has App gotten that much better? I'll be pulling for App to take them down.

Tough one to pick.
09-18-2016 12:10 PM
Advertisement

Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
Idaho at UNLV

Give me . . .

Akron
W. Michigan
StAte
South Alabama
Louisiana
UNLV
Troy

and in our game . . . . . Coogs, much as it pains me to say it.
09-18-2016 12:47 PM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
Appalachian State at Akron Got to have this one to get players heads back on straight

Georgia Southern at Western Michigan I think our coaching staff and o line pulls its head out of their collective asses. We get our asses kicked time to panic.

Texas State vs #6 Houston 04-jawdrop Unfortunatley Houston knows it needs style points to make the playoffs. They dont take the foot off the gas until 00:00.

Arkansas State vs Central Arkansas Lose this one and you are kicked out of the Belt

South Alabama vs Nicholls See above

Louisiana Lafayette at Tulane See two above

Idaho at UNLV Why not? This win could make it a very good weekend for the Belt.

Troy vs New Mexico State Just glad we will have lots of tape on Troy before we play them...

Good luck to all OOC.
09-18-2016 12:59 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
If you want to watch a team with better speed and size get owned watch us play Western.

I seem to remember a lot of people last year assuring us App wouldn't beat Ohio (after all, they beat Marshall 21-10!). I think that game will be close, but the ugly performance against Miami notwithstanding App's defense is still better than Marshall's.

I will take Cajuns. Fritz is a good coach and we GS fans are probably about to learn the lesson that you don't know what you've got until it's gone, but we will be rooting for the Cajuns to beat Slick Willie.

All the rest of them, I'm not going against the grain.
09-18-2016 01:32 PM
trueblue21 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS and TAMU
Appalachian State at Akron - Could be a trap game. Akron destroyed Marshall.

Georgia Southern at Western Michigan - We get a W. Over at GSUfans they try and dig theirselves out of the dumpsters. Embarrassed by some of the things our fans are saying after yesterdays game.

Texas State vs #6 Houston - Keep it close. Houston is no joke.

Arkansas State vs Central Arkansas - ArkSt gets their first W of the year.

South Alabama vs Nicholls- Carefully USA this team played UGA down to the wire.

Louisiana Lafayette at Tulane - Tulane played a very good Navy team down to the wire. I dont think ULL will be able to stay with them for 4 quarters.

Idaho at UNLV

Troy vs New Mexico State - Ill be interested to see if Troys defense can slow down NMST. If they can I think Troy wins by 10.
09-18-2016 01:39 PM
runamuck Offline
All American

I Root For: uta
(09-18-2016 01:39 PM)trueblue21 Wrote:  Appalachian State at Akron - Could be a trap game. Akron destroyed Marshall.

Georgia Southern at Western Michigan - We get a W. Over at GSUfans they try and dig theirselves out of the dumpsters. Embarrassed by some of the things our fans are saying after yesterdays game.

Louisiana Lafayette at Tulane - Tulane played a very good Navy team down to the wire. I dont think ULL will be able to stay with them for 4 quarters.

Idaho at UNLV

Troy vs New Mexico State - Ill be interested to see if Troys defense can slow down NMST. If they can I think Troy wins by 10.

well I only see 3 wins. stAte and south and troy
09-18-2016 02:29 PM
Advertisement

LatahCounty Online
1st String

I Root For: Idaho
(09-18-2016 12:59 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  Idaho at UNLV Why not? This win could make it a very good weekend for the Belt.

Man, I hope so. But somehow despite returning 9 starters we've taken a step backward offensively through 3 games.
09-18-2016 03:46 PM
airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(09-18-2016 02:29 PM)runamuck Wrote:  
(09-18-2016 01:39 PM)trueblue21 Wrote:  Appalachian State at Akron - Could be a trap game. Akron destroyed Marshall.

Idaho at UNLV

well I only see 3 wins. stAte and south and troy

I hope you're right about USA. As for me, I'll take Nicholls St. plus the points (and they haven't even been released yet).
09-18-2016 06:03 PM
trojanbrutha Offline
Beltbbs Troy Football INsider

I Root For: TROY
(09-18-2016 03:46 PM)LatahCounty Wrote:  
(09-18-2016 12:59 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  Idaho at UNLV Why not? This win could make it a very good weekend for the Belt.

Man, I hope so. But somehow despite returning 9 starters we've taken a step backward offensively through 3 games.

Show up and show out...it looks like their secondary is ripe for the pickings. Just wake Linehan before this one and get that W!
09-19-2016 08:12 AM
LatahCounty Online
1st String

I Root For: Idaho
(09-19-2016 08:12 AM)trojanbrutha Wrote:  
(09-18-2016 03:46 PM)LatahCounty Wrote:  

Show up and show out...it looks like their secondary is ripe for the pickings. Just wake Linehan before this one and get that W!

I haven't seen one second of a UNLV game this year, but just looking at stats it appears their QB isn't very accurate and they give up a ton of yards through the air. So I would have said great matchup for us except for whatever reason our QB hasn't been very accurate this year either and we've been unexpectedly pretty bad throwing the ball downfield.

I'm still holding out hope -- after all, I expected us to be 1-2 at this point and that's exactly where we are. But our O needs to make some big plays. No more dinking and dunking and stalling out at the other guy's 25.
09-19-2016 12:28 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Typical Arkansas State will start playing well this week on our way to running through the conference again, thoroughly annoying App fans to no end.

The version of Arkansas State we have seen this year takes the most embarrassing loss in program history since the Thanksgiving Day Massacre of 2001, and calls for Anderson's head on a platter become common in Jonesboro.
09-19-2016 12:31 PM
Advertisement

Paraprosdokian Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: stAte
Idaho at UNLV

[Image: e705cc63fc112a77ac0492692772853a9c0ca831...8c5320.jpg]
09-19-2016 01:00 PM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
(09-19-2016 12:31 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Typical Arkansas State will start playing well this week on our way to running through the conference again, thoroughly annoying App fans to no end.

The version of Arkansas State we have seen this year takes the most embarrassing loss in program history since the Thanksgiving Day Massacre of 2001, and calls for Anderson's head on a platter become common in Jonesboro.

Heck we are 3-0 and their are already grumblings in Statesboro about our 1st year HC.

As far as this weeks games go I have:
Akron over App by 10
Houston over Tex St by 28
stAte over UCA by 28
USA over Nicholls by 28
ULL over Tulane by 7
Idaho over UNLV by 3
Troy over NMSU by 13

Not picking GS this week because we have the talent to win it but not sure if we have the coaching to do so.
09-19-2016 01:01 PM
TrueBlueAlum Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
Appalachian State at Akron - The conference would really benefit from this one I think. App is going to have to find some sort of offensive identity. I think Lamb needs to find more confidence in his receivers.

Georgia Southern at Western Michigan - The combination of being the underdog this week and the scare we faced last week has our team as focused as they've ever been during practice. It shows in the game against WMU.

Texas State vs #6 Houston - I love you, but no chance.

Arkansas State vs Central Arkansas - The 2nd half of your game last week was a turning point (I think).

South Alabama vs Nicholls - You're not as bad as you think you are right now. Nicholls got lucky against UGA. Don't let that scare you.

Louisiana Lafayette at Tulane - I hope I'm right, I think this one is going to come down to the last few minutes.

Idaho at UNLV - This is one I'd like to see you win, but I'm skeptical.

Troy vs New Mexico State - Its your defense that wins you this one.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016 01:28 PM by TrueBlueAlum.)
09-19-2016 01:26 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

(09-19-2016 01:26 PM)TrueBlueAlum Wrote:  Troy vs New Mexico State - Its your defense that wins you this one.

I think you have it backwards. UK scored 63 this weekend.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016 01:41 PM by TroyFootball05.)
09-19-2016 01:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.