Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wyoming Cowboys
Bookmark and Share
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
Wyoming Cowboys
I am so excited for this game! In fact, I am going to fly up from Texas to witness in person.

This is the most important game for the EMU program in decades. If we win, 6 or 7 wins and a bowl game are a legitimate possibility, perhaps even a likelihood.

Props to our new DC. Coaching matters, especially at the college level.
09-17-2016 11:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

masttg Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU
RE: Wyoming Cowboys
Ill buy you a beer in the endzone tent for your troubles.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
09-17-2016 11:14 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

I like your enthusiasm, but we must take each game one at a time.

Let's beat Wyoming!!!
09-17-2016 11:41 PM
The Virginian Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Wyoming
Hello Eagles! This figures to be an interesting game. This Wyoming team is a more mature and improved team from the one the Eagles beat last year. I'm looking forward to the game.
09-18-2016 07:07 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(09-18-2016 07:07 AM)The Virginian Wrote:  Hello Eagles! This figures to be an interesting game. This Wyoming team is a more mature and improved team from the one the Eagles beat last year. I'm looking forward to the game.

I'm guessing that WYO will be a small favorite on the order of say 3 - 4 points.

I consider last year's game a total fluke. And the WYO season went downhill from there...
09-18-2016 07:13 AM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear Friends,
I did not watch the Charlotte game, just listened on the radio. According to the announcers, it seemed like most of the time Eastern had good coverage on pass defense. They also said that the pass rush was good, and even though there were not many sacks, the rush caused some hurries by the Charlotte quarterbacks.
I hope we can keep that going with Wyoming this Friday.
09-18-2016 11:46 AM
Advertisement

The Virginian Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-18-2016 07:13 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(09-18-2016 07:07 AM)The Virginian Wrote:  Hello Eagles! This figures to be an interesting game. This Wyoming team is a more mature and improved team from the one the Eagles beat last year. I'm looking forward to the game.

I'm guessing that WYO will be a small favorite on the order of say 3 - 4 points.

I consider last year's game a total fluke. And the WYO season went downhill from there...

The two home losses versus North Dakota and Eastern Michigan put that young team on the skids. They had 17 true freshmen starters and Josh Allen, now the starting quarterback, broke his collarbone against the Eagles.

So far, the Pokes beat Northern Illinois at home in a triple overtime thriller and got rocked by the Nebraska Cornhuskers on the road, though the score doesn't tell the whole story. The Cowboys went into the forth quarter only seven down and then the wheels fell off. Four turnovers gave the Huskers all the room they needed to blast the Pokes out of the water. Last week, against FCS UC Davis, the team put together a solid game on both sides of the ball, taking lessons learned versus Nebraska to heart.

Now, a short week and the Cowboys travel to Ypsilanti to take on the Eagles on the second half of a home and home. I can say for certain that the Wyoming players have had this date marked on their calendars for a long time. I expect to see a fired up and inspired team that will give the Eagles everything they've got. Will it be enough? Not sure, let's play the game and find out.

Good luck and here's to an injury-free game.
09-18-2016 02:45 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu

And so are we we have our top two DL back a new QB and a new defensive scheme so you can throw out last years game tape EMU needs to learn how to win we will our far that lesson has been learned on Friday
09-18-2016 03:05 PM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I hope people are paying attention. It would be nice to have a huge crowd on Friday night. Hopefully emu is promoting this game amongst the students somehow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using CSNbbs mobile app
09-18-2016 04:09 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(09-18-2016 02:45 PM)The Virginian Wrote:  

The two home losses versus North Dakota and Eastern Michigan put that young team on the skids. They had 17 true freshmen starters and Josh Allen, now the starting quarterback, broke his collarbone against the Eagles.

So far, the Pokes beat Northern Illinois at home in a triple overtime thriller and got rocked by the Nebraska Cornhuskers on the road, though the score doesn't tell the whole story. The Cowboys went into the forth quarter only seven down and then the wheels fell off. Four turnovers gave the Huskers all the room they needed to blast the Pokes out of the water. Last week, against FCS UC Davis, the team put together a solid game on both sides of the ball, taking lessons learned versus Nebraska to heart.

Now, a short week and the Cowboys travel to Ypsilanti to take on the Eagles on the second half of a home and home. I can say for certain that the Wyoming players have had this date marked on their calendars for a long time. I expect to see a fired up and inspired team that will give the Eagles everything they've got. Will it be enough? Not sure, let's play the game and find out.

Lost all credibility with the '17 true freshman starters' comment.

Probably time to head back to your own board.

Should be a good game.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2016 04:58 PM by EagleTough.)
09-18-2016 04:58 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(09-18-2016 11:46 AM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear Friends,
I did not watch the Charlotte game, just listened on the radio. According to the announcers, it seemed like most of the time Eastern had good coverage on pass defense. They also said that the pass rush was good, and even though there were not many sacks, the rush caused some hurries by the Charlotte quarterbacks.
I hope we can keep that going with Wyoming this Friday.

2 sacks, much better rush, much better coverage, tackling was very good again.

They did have 3 or 4 bad drops which helped our final numbers look better.

Again, third game with a new scheme, and a lot of young guys in the DB group. Overall, progress was made, another step forward.

(By the way, Mizzou not nearly as 'bad' as some tried to have us believe.....losing a game they should have won, 28-27 to #16 Georgia. The Mizzou QB threw for another 376 yards and 3 TD's, and the receiver that smoked us, also torched the 4 star Georgia DB's for 8 catches, 196 yards, and 2 scores)
09-18-2016 05:07 PM
Advertisement

EagleTough Offline
All American

This game is going to be won or lost with our front 7. They are a run first team with a very good running back, Brian Hill. He carried it 33 times for 125 yards and 2 TD's in the 3OT win vs NIU. Limited to 17 carries for 49 yards and 1 TD in the loss to Nebraska. This week carried it 25 times for 207 yards and 2 TD's in their win against UC Davis. Neathery will certainly make stopping the run a point of emphasis. If he gets 25+ carries and we limit him to 100-125 yards, that's where we need to be.

We should be able to get decent pressure on passing downs again. If so, just need the DB's to eliminate the big plays downfield and we should be in good shape.

Assuming a close game. A win would be very, very big going into conference play. Would love to see a good turnout as well. Hopefully the school is doing something/anything to promote and bring fans and students out.

We are still obviously nowhere near a contender, but NIU just went down again to sit 0-3, and BGSU just lost 41-21 to Middle Tennessee. Not saying they are not still good teams, just seem to be coming back to the pack a little. Western and Toledo looking like the championship contenders.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2016 05:40 PM by EagleTough.)
09-18-2016 05:27 PM
The Virginian Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-18-2016 04:58 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  

Should be a good game.

OK, I was off by two...from the Wyoming SID's 2016 preview...

"A total of 26 freshmen played for the Cowboys in 2015. That tied UW for No. 7 in the nation for most freshmen played. Of those 26 freshmen who played, 15 started at least one game and 11 started multiple games in 2015.

Here's the whole article: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wyo/..._final.pdf
09-18-2016 05:39 PM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

(09-18-2016 05:39 PM)The Virginian Wrote:  
(09-18-2016 04:58 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  

Should be a good game.

OK, I was off by two...from the Wyoming SID's 2016 preview...

"A total of 26 freshmen played for the Cowboys in 2015. That tied UW for No. 7 in the nation for most freshmen played. Of those 26 freshmen who played, 15 started at least one game and 11 started multiple games in 2015.

Here's the whole article: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wyo/..._final.pdf
So some were redshirt freshmen and some were true freshmen. There is a difference.

09-18-2016 05:45 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

Go away, back to your own board, we don't care, we really don't. Wouldn't waste our time reading any of your links, or listening to your excuses.

See your Cowboys Friday, should be a good game.
09-18-2016 05:45 PM
The Virginian Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-18-2016 05:45 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  Go away, back to your own board, we don't care, we really don't. Wouldn't waste our time reading any of your links, or listening to your excuses.

Well, certainly not the Wyoming or western hospitality you'd find out in God's Country. I guess too much of that rust belt living. Chill dude. You'll live longer. 04-cheers
09-18-2016 05:53 PM
Advertisement

HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
(09-18-2016 05:53 PM)The Virginian Wrote:  
(09-18-2016 05:45 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  Go away, back to your own board, we don't care, we really don't. Wouldn't waste our time reading any of your links, or listening to your excuses.

Well, certainly not the Wyoming or western hospitality you'd find out in God's Country. I guess too much of that rust belt living. Chill dude. You'll live longer. 04-cheers

Stick around. It's good to hear from the other side and I don't think you in any way have been disrespectful.
09-18-2016 06:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EagleTough Offline
All American

Us rust belters just prefer not to waste our time with disingenuous folks who come on our board and think they can spread misinformation, get called on it, and then turn around and play the victim.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2016 06:30 PM by EagleTough.)
09-18-2016 06:28 PM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

(09-18-2016 06:19 PM)HuronDave Wrote:  

Stick around. It's good to hear from the other side and I don't think you in any way have been disrespectful.
Agree. Good to hear insight from the others (except george14, he can stay away).

09-18-2016 07:05 PM
The Virginian Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-18-2016 06:28 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  

Us rust belters just prefer not to waste our time with disingenuous folks who come on our board and think they can spread misinformation, get called on it, and then turn around and play the victim.

I've mis-represented nothing. Wyoming had the second youngest team in the FBS last year. Freshman or Redshirt, no matter, they were still playing in their first time in meaningful games.

Look, the Eagles put it to the Cowboys, there's no argument there. I think the Eagles will see a much improved team, particularly on defense. If EMU is improved, well good, it makes for a more interesting game.

I think the game will be close, and like all football games, it will come down to the team the executes the best and makes the fewest turnovers. Not rocket science. So, if this is so egregious, sorry.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2016 09:19 PM by The Virginian.)
09-18-2016 08:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.