Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2017 Baseball Roster & Schedule
Bookmark and Share
highheat Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: KSU
2017 Baseball Roster & Schedule
Does anyone know when these are typically released? Any roster losses or additions compared to last year (other than grads or signed draftees)?
09-17-2016 10:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

GoFlashes7 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kent State
RE: 2017 Baseball Roster & Schedule
2 transfers, both pitchers, 1 from Kentucky & 1 from LSU.

The schedule should be released by end of October and the roster isn't usually updated until January 1st, sometimes sooner.

Link to LSU transfer: http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/s...6568f.html

Link to Kentucky transfer, Robert Ziegler: https://twitter.com/rzeigler35?lang=en
09-25-2016 05:42 PM
cschierh Offline
Special Teams

They do have fall practice and a couple of games. http://www.kentstatesports.com/news/2016...edule.aspx
09-26-2016 06:53 AM
highheat Offline
Water Engineer

Thanks for the info.
09-29-2016 08:10 AM

KentStateBaseballFan Offline
Water Engineer

Looks like there is at least one more additional transfer/addition

Nick Kanavas - looks like his first year was at Arizona and then the next two years at Madison College. He was listed as an INF out of HS but looks like he has played in the OF in college.

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2287

http://madisoncollegeathletics.com/roste...rp_id=1977
09-30-2016 01:31 PM
highheat Offline
Water Engineer

With 3 transfers plus the freshman class, where's the roster room going to come from? Where there enough players that graduated or got drafted to make enough room on the roster?
10-02-2016 07:28 PM
Water Engineer

There will be subtractions from last years roster other than graduation and draft also, there usually are for various reasons. Each programs goes through it. I know of at least one who transfer from the baseball program. The kid from Lexington, Ohio transferred to Ashland, he was a freshman last year.

But roster room is a good question. I believe the max for a roster is 35 or 36 or somewhere in that neighborhood.

I will say under Duncan it seems like there have been more transferring coming in than years past.

(10-02-2016 07:28 PM)highheat Wrote:  With 3 transfers plus the freshman class, where's the roster room going to come from? Where there enough players that graduated or got drafted to make enough room on the roster?
10-03-2016 12:42 PM

JimJoyce Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: KT ST
We've seemingly also gotten away from our recruiting strengths in NE Ohio and Western PA - the two regions our program's 2007-2012 run was really built on. Perhaps a no-longer-dormant Pittsburgh program (and ACC schedule) is a factor in that.
10-03-2016 02:07 PM
Water Engineer

Our recruiting is as good or better than ever. We continue to pull in top talent from the state which includes NE Ohio. We've tapped in the talent rich area of southern Ohio and picked up good players from the Northern Illinois, Wisconsin area. We may have some competition Pitt now yes but I look at is as Kent State is widening their talent pull which is a nod to the continued tradition and success its had. Constantly the best baseball program in Ohio for sure.

(10-03-2016 02:07 PM)JimJoyce Wrote:  We've seemingly also gotten away from our recruiting strengths in NE Ohio and Western PA - the two regions our program's 2007-2012 run was really built on. Perhaps a no-longer-dormant Pittsburgh program (and ACC schedule) is a factor in that.
10-03-2016 04:21 PM
JimJoyce Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: KT ST
(10-03-2016 04:21 PM)KentStateBaseballFan Wrote:  Our recruiting is as good or better than ever. Constantly the best baseball program in Ohio for sure.

On what basis are you making these claims? Not trying to argue or start anything, just curious.
10-03-2016 04:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.