Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MAC Game Day
Bookmark and Share
John52168 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army

Crappies
MAC Game Day
Good luck to all the MAC schools today. Let's get some wins. Come on MAC East, it's time for you guys to wake up and start representing the conference in a positive light.
09-17-2016 05:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: MAC Game Day
(09-17-2016 05:54 AM)John52168 Wrote:  Good luck to all the MAC schools today. Let's get some wins. Come on MAC East, it's time for you guys to wake up and start representing the conference in a positive light.

True, otherwise, the WMU / Toledo game becomes the de facto MACC game.
09-17-2016 07:34 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
MAC Game Day
(09-17-2016 07:34 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(09-17-2016 05:54 AM)John52168 Wrote:  Good luck to all the MAC schools today. Let's get some wins. Come on MAC East, it's time for you guys to wake up and start representing the conference in a positive light.

The successes of the East in the MACC would suggest otherwise. There is one MACC. Everything else is just regular season. If the West rep is good enough, they can be champs. Some have been, some haven't. Some East champs have been better than the standard narrative would let you believe.
09-17-2016 08:41 AM
cmufanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: cmu chippewas
(09-17-2016 08:41 AM)axeme Wrote:  

The successes of the East in the MACC would suggest otherwise. There is one MACC. Everything else is just regular season. If the West rep is good enough, they can be champs. Some have been, some haven't. Some East champs have been better than the standard narrative would let you believe.

Fire up!
09-17-2016 09:39 AM
DICK Offline
1st String

I Root For:

CMU??
09-20-2016 02:19 PM
Advertisement

westernwilly Offline
All American

(09-20-2016 02:19 PM)DICK Wrote:  

CMU??

They lose Oct. 1st. 03-razz
09-20-2016 02:31 PM
george14 Offline
1st String

I Root For: CMU
(09-17-2016 08:41 AM)axeme Wrote:  The successes of the East in the MACC would suggest otherwise. There is one MACC. Everything else is just regular season. If the West rep is good enough, they can be champs. Some have been, some haven't. Some East champs have been better than the standard narrative would let you believe.

To be fair, that's a poor way of looking at things. We are talking top to bottom here. If you ask a B10 fan who won the MAC 2 years ago, they won't know. But they will remember a big win or upset during the season. The case as of late seems to be the MACW beats up on each other while the MACE is weak overall and has an easier path to the MACCG.

There is a reason CMU hasn't lost a MACE game since 2011 and in that time, they haven't even been to the MACCG. So you're talking about the #3 or #4 MAC team who routinely dominates the MACE. Meanwhile MACE powerhouse BG loses to UT every year.

We don't need to argue about this. The MACE is garbage compared to the MACW, regardless of who wins the MACCG.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2016 02:40 PM by george14.)
09-20-2016 02:38 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
The winner of CMU/WMU will face Toledo for the MACC game... however, never count out the MAC East. You have an off-kilter game -- you'll get burned. Ask NIU in Lynch's last year when NIU was seemingly at their best. Good 'ol Matt Johnson from BGSU burned 'em.

But CMU/WMU/Toledo going to the MACC game -- they'll have more fans there (close to home; BG won't make it).
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2016 03:31 PM by toddjnsn.)
09-20-2016 03:30 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
MAC Game Day
I agree. But all that matters is who the champ is. The rest is just characterization that your proverbial Big 10 fan doesn't know either. People outside our little bubble here know or care nothing about how the other teams shake out. Who becomes the face of the MAC at season's end is what we hang our hat on. It's the same in basketball. The best teams matter if they make a dent outside the MAC. Otherwise, it's all irrelevant, inside stuff.
09-20-2016 03:31 PM
Advertisement

Warhawks222 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Payday & Friday
(09-20-2016 03:31 PM)axeme Wrote:  I agree. But all that matters is who the champ is. The rest is just characterization that your proverbial Big 10 fan doesn't know either. People outside our little bubble here know or care nothing about how the other teams shake out. Who becomes the face of the MAC at season's end is what we hang our hat on. It's the same in basketball. The best teams matter if they make a dent outside the MAC. Otherwise, it's all irrelevant, inside stuff.

True. All anybody other than a true MAC fan knows is who won the MAC championship. They don't know if the team that wins it is from the East or the West division. They don't care.

Heck, I don't even know which teams are in the B1G conference divisions, so I'd guess nobody outside of our bubble knows if a MAC team is a "West" or "East" team. The team that wins becomes the MAC "representative" in the post/bowl season.
09-20-2016 03:42 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(09-20-2016 03:42 PM)Warhawks222 Wrote:  
(09-20-2016 03:31 PM)axeme Wrote:  I agree. But all that matters is who the champ is. The rest is just characterization that your proverbial Big 10 fan doesn't know either. People outside our little bubble here know or care nothing about how the other teams shake out. Who becomes the face of the MAC at season's end is what we hang our hat on. It's the same in basketball. The best teams matter if they make a dent outside the MAC. Otherwise, it's all irrelevant, inside stuff.

True. All anybody other than a true MAC fan knows is who won the MAC championship. They don't know if the team that wins it is from the East or the West division. They don't care.

Heck, I don't even know which teams are in the B1G conference divisions, so I'd guess nobody outside of our bubble knows if a MAC team is a "West" or "East" team. The team that wins becomes the MAC "representative" in the post/bowl season.

I doubt they even know which MAC team won the conference that year.
09-20-2016 03:49 PM
westernwilly Offline
All American

Actually, most casual football fans (B1G fans) that I know, have no idea who wins the MACC. That said, they do know the better teams in the MAC and that those teams can be very good some years as they knock off p5 schools and regularly go bowling. They also know that there are some very bad teams and that those teams suck most years and almost never go bowling.

As for what division those good team and those such teams are in, they have no clue.
09-20-2016 04:25 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(09-20-2016 04:25 PM)westernwilly Wrote:  

Actually, most casual football fans (B1G fans) that I know, have no idea who wins the MACC. That said, they do know the better teams in the MAC and that those teams can be very good some years as they knock off p5 schools and regularly go bowling. They also know that there are some very bad teams and that those teams suck most years and almost never go bowling.

As for what division those good team and those such teams are in, they have no clue.

Makes sense. Ask me which division B10 teams play in and I couldn't tell you either. Same with any other conference. I know teams within conferences but not the division's their in.
09-20-2016 04:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

george14 Offline
1st String

I Root For: CMU

I disagree completely. People from around the country remember/will remember CMU beating OSU, Toledo beating Arkansas, NIU beating Alabama, and the routine beatings we put on B10 teams, etc. Nobody cares or knows who won the MAC unless its a team they are playing in a bowl game or when NIU went to the Orange Bowl.
09-20-2016 05:03 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
People know the MAC CHAMP outside of diehard fans only if they're in a high profile bowl against a ranked team. It's the P5 wins and crazy endings to games that are memorable. CMU vs Oklahoma State will be remembered forever.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2016 03:28 PM by UofToledoFans.)
09-21-2016 03:27 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(09-21-2016 03:27 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  People know the MAC CHAMP outside of diehard fans only if they're in a high profile bowl against a ranked team. It's the P5 wins and crazy endings to games that are memorable. CMU vs Oklahoma State will be remembered forever.

BTW, I would like to see CMU/OSU extend their series.

If OSU wants a G5 opponent, who better to invite than CMU???
09-21-2016 04:38 PM
cmufanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: cmu chippewas
(09-21-2016 04:38 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(09-21-2016 03:27 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  People know the MAC CHAMP outside of diehard fans only if they're in a high profile bowl against a ranked team. It's the P5 wins and crazy endings to games that are memorable. CMU vs Oklahoma State will be remembered forever.

OKSt pushed our next game back until 2022.
09-21-2016 06:55 PM
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
People know NIU and Toledo are consistently good, CMU regularly beats the P5, and the East is horrible.
09-22-2016 05:10 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(09-21-2016 06:55 PM)cmufanatic Wrote:  
(09-21-2016 04:38 PM)emu steve Wrote:  

OKSt pushed our next game back until 2022.

USF did the same to us. We went there and took our beating and they pushed back their trip to DeKalb so they could do a 1-for-1 with San Jose State instead.

Quote:USF was previously scheduled to play at Northern Illinois on Sept. 9, 2017. That game has been now been pushed back eight seasons to Aug. 30, 2025.
09-22-2016 05:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.