Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NCAA has no room for LU
Bookmark and Share
army56mike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
NCAA has no room for LU
With the recent action that the NCAA has taken against the state of North Carolina, is there any doubt that it will do all it can to keep Liberty out of FBS and stand in the way of success when possible based on the schools conservative Christian values?

Or am I way off base?
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2016 08:48 AM by army56mike.)
09-15-2016 08:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Curtisc83 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty U/TXST
RE: NCAA has no room for LU
(09-15-2016 08:48 AM)army56mike Wrote:  With the recent action that the NCAA has taken against the state of North Carolina, is there any doubt that it will do all it can to keep Liberty out of FBS and stand in the way of success when possible based on the schools conservative Christian values?

Or am I way off base?

I think you're cray cray. We just need a invite. If we get one and then the NCAA steps in and says nope you can't move up because you are a Christian school then you'd be on to something.
09-15-2016 09:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Libertygrad01 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty & UK
I personally think you're exactly right. liberty, BYU and any other school that holds biblical views on marriage and sexuality will have an uphill battle. Thus is one of the many reasons I believe Liberty's only path to FBS is to go independent and if need be to sue the NCAA. I know there's ramifications if that were to happen, but I don't see a path any other way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using CSNbbs mobile app
09-15-2016 09:32 AM
NewTimes Offline
Back in the Sunshine State

I Root For: Mia Canes, LU
(09-15-2016 08:48 AM)army56mike Wrote:  With the recent action that the NCAA has taken against the state of North Carolina, is there any doubt that it will do all it can to keep Liberty out of FBS and stand in the way of success when possible based on the schools conservative Christian values?

Or am I way off base?
The NCAA, NBA and more bodies taking a stand against discriminatory actions in NC has ZERO to do with LU.

LU has been it's own worst enemy in actions, endorsements and stances with unwise and simply crazy positions.

Attempting to slant and blame others is playing the martyr card.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F using CSNbbs mobile app
09-15-2016 09:57 AM

Curtisc83 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty U/TXST
(09-15-2016 09:57 AM)NewTimes Wrote:  

Or am I way off base?
The NCAA, NBA and more bodies taking a stand against discriminatory actions in NC has ZERO to do with LU.

LU has been it's own worst enemy in actions, endorsements and stances with unwise and simply crazy positions.

Attempting to slant and blame others is playing the martyr card.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F using CSNbbs mobile app

Like I said....cray cray
09-15-2016 10:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Libertygrad01 Offline
Special Teams

(09-15-2016 09:15 AM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  

Or am I way off base?

I think you're cray cray. We just need a invite. If we get one and then the NCAA steps in and says nope you can't move up because you are a Christian school then you'd be on to something.
The issue is, we're not going to get an invite. 5 years from we'll still be having this conversation. The bottom line is progressive thinking presidents will never be comfortable voting Liberty into their conference. The SB was the perfect example.

09-15-2016 01:08 PM
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
I don't think Liberty is being shunned by the NCAA, at least not yet. However, I think conferences and/or school presidents are probably disregarding Liberty due to their beliefs and views. But, Liberty has things that they really need to improve (and they're working on it) like academic prestige, big money sport results (football, men's basketball, baseball, women's basketball, etc.), fan following, media coverage, etc. Liberty can't change it's location but it's location isn't a negative in my opinion.

I find it highly ironic that a big negative of Liberty is it's online diploma mill perception where Liberty embraces the future of online academics compared to the perception of Liberty's beliefs being considered "living in the past." Quite the contradiction in my opinion.

It is a fear of mine that the NCAA would kick out schools with discriminatory policies which they'd mostly argue that Liberty has some. I hope it would never come to this but there are those who want to see this happen.
09-15-2016 09:10 PM

Liberty Fan Online
Under The Radar

I Root For: Gillville
Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Oxford—Once Christian?

The demise of former Christian universities should be a lesson to individuals, churches, Christian colleges and universities, and seminaries to stand firm on the Bible’s clear teachings and beware of any doctrine that is not biblically sound.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2016 08:00 AM by Liberty Fan.)
09-17-2016 06:11 AM
army56mike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
NCAA has no room for LU
Saw that Liberty was voted most conservative U. thus year. So at least we've got that going for us. Holding strong to our values, Training Champions for Christ!
11-04-2016 02:08 AM
Libertygrad01 Offline
Special Teams

I was thinking yesterday, is there any like minded school that is currently paying FBS football? I couldn't come up with any. Baylor is what I would consider quasi Christian. BYU probably is like us in regards to student conduct, but certainly not like minded in doctrinal beliefs. Liberty is kinda on an island. I for one hope we never compromise those doctrinal beliefs.

11-04-2016 09:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.