Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Consolation for Miami fans after EIU loss
Bookmark and Share
IULurker Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Consolation for Miami fans after EIU loss
Chuck Martin has gone 2-10 and 3-9 in his first two seasons in Oxford and is now sitting at 0-2 after losing to Eastern Illinois.

Craptastic? Failing? Fire Chuck? Season is lost? Maybe...but perhaps not! Step away from the ledge and take a look at the record for one of my favorite MAC coaches of all time (and Miami alum), Joe Novak. Coach Novak went 1-10 and 0-11 in his first two seasons in Dekalb. In the third game of his third season he lost to none other than (drum roll, please) Eastern Illinois to extend his losing streak.

So there maybe hope yet, Miami fans! Don't give up the ship (but you may want to start putting on your life jackets, just in case)!
09-12-2016 11:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
RE: Consolation for Miami fans after EIU loss
(09-12-2016 11:38 AM)IULurker Wrote:  Chuck Martin has gone 2-10 and 3-9 in his first two seasons in Oxford and is now sitting at 0-2 after losing to Eastern Illinois.

Craptastic? Failing? Fire Chuck? Season is lost? Maybe...but perhaps not! Step away from the ledge and take a look at the record for one of my favorite MAC coaches of all time (and Miami alum), Joe Novak. Coach Novak went 1-10 and 0-11 in his first two seasons in Dekalb. In the third game of his third season he lost to none other than (drum roll, please) Eastern Illinois to extend his losing streak.

So there maybe hope yet, Miami fans! Don't give up the ship (but you may want to start putting on your life jackets, just in case)!
We EMU folks have been using the Novak example for years. Still waiting for it to pan out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using CSNbbs mobile app
09-12-2016 11:43 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(09-12-2016 11:38 AM)IULurker Wrote:  Chuck Martin has gone 2-10 and 3-9 in his first two seasons in Oxford and is now sitting at 0-2 after losing to Eastern Illinois.

To amplify, the NIU losing streak continued until it was broken against none other than EMU.

EMU hosts Miami, Oct 29, at The Factory in Ypsilanti.
09-12-2016 12:11 PM
IULurker Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(09-12-2016 12:11 PM)emu steve Wrote:  

To amplify, the NIU losing streak continued until it was broken against none other than EMU.

Get out the pillows, its going to be a fight!
04-cheers
09-12-2016 12:58 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC

Pretty sure the streak was broken against CMU, not EMU.

I remember we also lost to Lamar one time. I hadn't even heard of them before that game. I still shudder when I hear that name.
09-12-2016 03:27 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(09-12-2016 03:27 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  

I remember we also lost to Lamar one time. I hadn't even heard of them before that game. I still shudder when I hear that name.

What year are we speaking? I thought I knew but I'm not sure...

EDIT:

I assume it was 1998, Joe Novak's third year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Novak

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_North...tball_team

And yes, NIU after going winless beat CMU and EMU back-to-back.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2016 05:59 PM by emu steve.)
09-12-2016 05:54 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
As a side note, the 2003 GMAC Bowl is on ESPN Classic now, followed by the 2003 MAC Championship at 10 PM. Thought this thread would be about that, but thanks for the warm wishes anyways...
09-12-2016 07:18 PM
cmufanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: cmu chippewas
(09-12-2016 03:27 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  

It was cmu, I was a student at cmu then, it was awful!
09-12-2016 07:37 PM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
I was at the game it was CMU.

I am a believer in Martin and hoping Miami can make a run to glory like back in the day. Its a great school with a a great tradition.
09-13-2016 08:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.