Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is Western Michigan that good? Or Northwestern that bad?
Bookmark and Share
BDB5yp Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Is Western Michigan that good? Or Northwestern that bad?
Lose two at home to WMU and Illinois State. Maybe WMU my not be that great....
09-12-2016 11:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
RE: Is Western Michigan that good? Or Northwestern that bad?
(09-12-2016 11:38 AM)BDB5yp Wrote:  Lose two at home to WMU and Illinois State. Maybe WMU my not be that great....

Or is ISU just THAT GOOD haha

But seriously, based on what I've seen so far, maybe Toledo can go into K-Zoo and pull out a win. Toledo is probably the best team right now, I maybe underestimated their QB.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2016 11:48 AM by MaddDawgz02.)
09-12-2016 11:47 AM
GCD70 Offline
1st String

I Root For: niu
(09-12-2016 11:47 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 11:38 AM)BDB5yp Wrote:  Lose two at home to WMU and Illinois State. Maybe WMU my not be that great....

But seriously, based on what I've seen so far, maybe Toledo can go into K-Zoo and pull out a win. Toledo is probably the best team right now, I maybe underestimated their QB.

I was at the NU v WMU game and NU is not very good. They have no team speed and no difference makers. After the ISU game, I do not see them winning another game. WMU is a good team but not as good as they are made out to be. Had NU not fumbled out of the end zone they probably win on a FG. I would say Toledo is tops right now although Maine not exactly a test. I am disappointed in our fan base to jump ship when we hit some adversity. Without making any excuses, the first 2 games presented a physical challenge I did not expect. SDSU is good but they did give up 600 yards. The bread and butter of our offense is the threat of our QB to effectively run the ball. If we could nit risk doing that with Hare, maybe we won't be in too bad a shape with graham. It is more fun to win, but i didn't get through 50 seasons by bailing when things got rough and they were rough.
09-12-2016 11:59 AM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
(09-12-2016 11:47 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

They do have the best recruiting class in the MAC every year.
09-12-2016 12:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
ISU beating NW really took the shine off of WMUs win
09-12-2016 12:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

The Huskies could still be the best college team in Illinois this year.

02-13-banana
09-12-2016 12:44 PM
Advertisement

toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:ISU beating NW really took the shine off of WMUs win

It did. I so want NW to beat Duke on Saturday.

Illinois State is a VERY good team in D1AA. They're like the SEC elite of D1AA. I could see them beating a 7-5 B1G team with the ball bouncing their way. However, with NW, their offense was Nowhere. NW's D is solid as a rock, but their O is horrid, and only scored 7pts. Holding an elite D1AA or a blah-mid-major to only 3 fgs in a game when your offense can't do anything the whole game except one or two good drives -- that's pretty damn good. However, NW is not good as their O is like a 90 year old's sex drive.

If NW's O didn't wake up to WMU's poor non-adjusting D 2nd half like it did -- WMU would have more easily won in the end, and it wouldn't have been a barn-burner.

WMU has a lot of young guys on D. 1st half VS a winning-but-not-quite-playoff-good D1AA team, WMU gave up 280+ yards and 21pts! 2nd half? Less than 50 yards, and 0pts. WMU is still figuring their D out in making adjustments. Problem is: @Illinois, GA-Southern, @CMU, and NIU are coming up NOW -- no time to get things grounded.

WMU's D ensures they won't be an undefeated G5-bowl contender. But if it shores up pretty well and pretty soon, it could mean just 1 loss in the MAC.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2016 02:29 PM by toddjnsn.)
09-12-2016 02:28 PM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

We will find out a little more about WMU when they play the Illness this weekend. All Illinois FBS teams are playing WMU this year. They are the measuring stick.
09-12-2016 03:42 PM
GCD70 Offline
1st String

I Root For: niu
(09-12-2016 02:28 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  
Quote:ISU beating NW really took the shine off of WMUs win

It did. I so want NW to beat Duke on Saturday.

Illinois State is a VERY good team in D1AA. They're like the SEC elite of D1AA. I could see them beating a 7-5 B1G team with the ball bouncing their way. However, with NW, their offense was Nowhere. NW's D is solid as a rock, but their O is horrid, and only scored 7pts. Holding an elite D1AA or a blah-mid-major to only 3 fgs in a game when your offense can't do anything the whole game except one or two good drives -- that's pretty damn good. However, NW is not good as their O is like a 90 year old's sex drive.

If NW's O didn't wake up to WMU's poor non-adjusting D 2nd half like it did -- WMU would have more easily won in the end, and it wouldn't have been a barn-burner.

WMU has a lot of young guys on D. 1st half VS a winning-but-not-quite-playoff-good D1AA team, WMU gave up 280+ yards and 21pts! 2nd half? Less than 50 yards, and 0pts. WMU is still figuring their D out in making adjustments. Problem is: @Illinois, GA-Southern, @CMU, and NIU are coming up NOW -- no time to get things grounded.

WMU's D ensures they won't be an undefeated G5-bowl contender. But if it shores up pretty well and pretty soon, it could mean just 1 loss in the MAC.

i think NU D is not very good, no difference makers no team speed. I was expecting more from them but it isn't going to happen. I truly believe that may not win. They have Duke and then Neb at home for the usual Big ten playing first 4 or 5 games at home.
09-12-2016 03:49 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:i think NU D is not very good, no difference makers no team speed.

I disagree. You hold an FCS powerhouse to only 3 fgs a whole game when your offense struggles to move the ball more than a handful of yards... that's pretty good.

Their defense got them to 10W -- to have a chance in any game. Their O sucks a little more, hence, close games going against them. They barely beat Ball State last year and went 10W.

The Duke game will be a real test to their D, although I think their D has no confidence in their O -- and confidence in their winning ability went down, so it may be that their D doesn't rock it out once their O starts punting too much.

As far as WMU's running game is concerned, running for 200 yards on NU... NU didn't allow any sizeable runs at all, and few "big" plays (10-20 yards). Hardly any penalties on D. Executed very well. But when your O for half the game can't move the ball, they will get tired when the other team has fresh good backs pounding away non-stop with a passing threat.

WMU last year still won time of possession on Ohio State -- and ran for about 150 yards on them. NW's D didn't perform too worse -- while they were on the field much longer because their O sucks.
09-12-2016 07:00 PM
DogPoundNorth Offline
Coach Carey Loves His Wife

I Root For: NIU
Who cares about WMU. Who cares about any MAC team, the MAC won't be relevant this season. (like most seasons)

So let's just sit back and watch as our (lowly MAC) dynasty gets demolished.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2016 07:33 PM by DogPoundNorth.)
09-12-2016 07:33 PM
Advertisement

Dtownboys Offline
1st String

Takes away from WMU's win for sure. NW is always a strange team. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Duke and still end up .500 in the Big10.
09-12-2016 07:52 PM
HuskieAlumnus03 Offline
Special Teams

(09-12-2016 07:33 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  Who cares about WMU. Who cares about any MAC team, the MAC won't be relevant this season. (like most seasons)

dude at some point, just sit back and enjoy the football season. it ain't like NIU is gonna magically jump into a 'superior' conference tomorrow or anytime this season. I just don't get rooting for a conference your team is in to fail, completely illogical to me.
09-12-2016 08:10 PM
DogPoundNorth Offline

(09-12-2016 08:10 PM)HuskieAlumnus03 Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 07:33 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  Who cares about WMU. Who cares about any MAC team, the MAC won't be relevant this season. (like most seasons)

dude at some point, just sit back and enjoy the football season. it ain't like NIU is gonna magically jump into a 'superior' conference tomorrow or anytime this season. I just don't get rooting for a conference your team is in to fail, completely illogical to me.

Because I hate every single team in NIU's conference. Pretty easy to understand really.
09-12-2016 08:16 PM
HuskieAlumnus03 Offline
Special Teams

(09-12-2016 08:16 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  

Because I hate every single team in NIU's conference. Pretty easy to understand really.

Well i pity you. It's probably healthy for you that you never follow NIU football or any sport if you hate the teams NIU has played and will play in the near future. Or just be a walmart fan or whatever team in a conference you pretend/wish NIU is in. (Just some friendly ballbustin not trying to be insulting)04-cheers
09-12-2016 08:24 PM
DogPoundNorth Offline

(09-12-2016 08:24 PM)HuskieAlumnus03 Wrote:  

Well i pity you. It's probably healthy for you that you never follow NIU football or any sport if you hate the teams NIU has played and will play in the near future. Or just be a walmart fan or whatever team in a conference you pretend/wish NIU is in. (Just some friendly ballbustin not trying to be insulting)04-cheers

Thanks for the terrible advice. Why do I have to cheer for the crappy MAC teams? They're all small time trash. Why waste my time rooting for these wanna be clowns? At least NIU has made it known it wants to move to the next level. The rest of the MAC is content riding on busses. They've never accepted NIU, so I don't need to accept them.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2016 08:38 PM by DogPoundNorth.)
09-12-2016 08:35 PM
Advertisement

HuskieAlumnus03 Offline
Special Teams

(09-12-2016 08:35 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  

Thanks for the terrible advice. Why do I have to cheer for the crappy MAC teams? They're all small time trash. Why waste my time rooting for these wanna be clowns?

Wow the inferiority complex is strong with you... Because your team is part of it, and has been for pretty much its history in Div IA. Hoping for a strong conference overall ups the chance for NIU (in a good year) a chance for NY6 bowl, kinda like when NIU made it into the Orange Bowl. Or a top ranking of MAC teams like in 03-04. The problem of the MAC fanbases are exemplified by people like you. It's kind of sad, really.
09-12-2016 08:45 PM
HuskieAlumnus03 Offline
Special Teams

Thanks for the terrible advice. Why do I have to cheer for the crappy MAC teams? They're all small time trash. Why waste my time rooting for these wanna be clowns? At least NIU has made it known it wants to move to the next level. The rest of the MAC is content riding on busses. They've never accepted NIU, so I don't need to accept them.

I agree, that annoys me about most MAC schools
09-12-2016 08:46 PM
DogPoundNorth Offline

(09-12-2016 08:45 PM)HuskieAlumnus03 Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 08:10 PM)HuskieAlumnus03 Wrote:  dude at some point, just sit back and enjoy the football season. it ain't like NIU is gonna magically jump into a 'superior' conference tomorrow or anytime this season. I just don't get rooting for a conference your team is in to fail, completely illogical to me.

Thanks for the terrible advice. Why do I have to cheer for the crappy MAC teams? They're all small time trash. Why waste my time rooting for these wanna be clowns?

Wow the inferiority complex is strong with you... Because your team is part of it, and has been for pretty much its history in Div IA. Hoping for a strong conference overall ups the chance for NIU (in a good year) a chance for NY6 bowl, kinda like when NIU made it into the Orange Bowl. Or a top ranking of MAC teams like in 03-04. The problem of the MAC fanbases are exemplified by people like you. It's kind of sad, really.

Yeah, i'm really crying. The MAC sucks.
09-12-2016 08:47 PM
HuskieAlumnus03 Offline
Special Teams

(09-12-2016 08:47 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 08:45 PM)HuskieAlumnus03 Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 08:16 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  Because I hate every single team in NIU's conference. Pretty easy to understand really.

Yeah, i'm really crying. The MAC sucks.

Sometime I really think you do... lol.

Go MAC!!

[Image: JWEN4Ob.gif]
09-12-2016 08:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.