It might not rain.
09-12-2016 10:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mrbig Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
RE: Pregame thread: Baylor @ Rice
Good grief, I don't think I have the stomach to make any predictions. I have organized a watch party in New Orleans for the game at Bruno's Tavern, so please let any alumni or fans in the area know.
09-12-2016 10:36 AM
raptorsareout Offline
Banned

I Root For: the little guys
It's going to be really bad. Hopefully Baylor takes us very lightly and they only win by three touchdowns, but I know better. I feel really badly for this team right now. I hope we escape this game without any major injuries.
09-12-2016 10:42 AM
KingNayte Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Hooty Hoot!
New Orleans Bowl
at least baylor doesn't throw the ball deep much.
09-12-2016 10:47 AM
Antarius Offline
Say no to cronyism

(09-12-2016 10:19 AM)loki_the_bubba Wrote:  Let's focus on the positives...

It might not rain.

Atleast the game isn't at NRG!
09-12-2016 10:56 AM
KingNayte Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Hooty Hoot!
New Orleans Bowl
did we lose an assistant coach in the last 3 years or so who was a great recruiter? we've been outmanned all over the field this year by a conference mate and a service academy. while we consistently lose to better teams under Bailiff, we were never as outclassed athletically as I saw us in the WKU game by conference mates.
09-12-2016 10:59 AM
Advertisement

RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

It might not rain.

I'll be leaving work early to tailgate the heck out of the game.

Win or lose, the Owlcoholics always win.
09-12-2016 11:03 AM
Antarius Offline
Say no to cronyism

Quote:Rice Football Season Ticket Member,
We hope you are looking forward to our home opener on Friday, September 16, at 7PM vs. the Baylor Bears. The game will be broadcast on national TV (ESPN) so it is CRITICAL that we have a full stadium to show the nation our Owl pride. With that in mind, here are some ways you can help us make the game a great success:
Allow extra time to get to the game as traffic will be heavy AND purchase a parking pass if you don't already have one to ensure a spot on campus.
Please arrive early and be in your seats for kickoff when we go live on ESPN.
If you can't come to the game, we encourage you to give your tickets to someone who can come or get credit by using our Fluid Ticket feature (full information below) through Owl Experiences.
Encourage all your friends and family to purchase tickets and attend the game wearing blue.
We have a great opportunity to demonstrate to the nation just how much Rice supports its Athletic program and we need you to be a part of that.
We also are excited to share with you first the great new food and beverage offerings you’ll be able to enjoy at Rice Stadium courtesy of our partnership with Melange events. You can see the game day menu, which features the Bayou City Burger and Lance Dog, by clicking here.
We’ll send additional game day information on Wednesday, but wanted you to have this important information now!

Proactive message from the Athletics Department.
09-12-2016 11:04 AM
raptorsareout Offline
Banned

I Root For: the little guys
(09-12-2016 11:04 AM)Antarius Wrote:  
We hope you are looking forward to our home opener on Friday, September 16, at 7PM vs. the Baylor Bears. The game will be broadcast on national TV (ESPN) so it is CRITICAL that we have a full stadium to show the nation our Owl pride. With that in mind, here are some ways you can help us make the game a great success:
Allow extra time to get to the game as traffic will be heavy AND purchase a parking pass if you don't already have one to ensure a spot on campus.
If you can't come to the game, we encourage you to give your tickets to someone who can come or get credit by using our Fluid Ticket feature (full information below) through Owl Experiences.
Encourage all your friends and family to purchase tickets and attend the game wearing blue.
We have a great opportunity to demonstrate to the nation just how much Rice supports its Athletic program and we need you to be a part of that.
We also are excited to share with you first the great new food and beverage offerings you’ll be able to enjoy at Rice Stadium courtesy of our partnership with Melange events. You can see the game day menu, which features the Bayou City Burger and Lance Dog, by clicking here.
We’ll send additional game day information on Wednesday, but wanted you to have this important information now!

Now I feel guilty for not wanting to go. Shame on me.
09-12-2016 11:07 AM
westsidewolf1989 Offline
Heisman

Spread is 30 points
09-12-2016 11:13 AM
07owl Offline
All American

(09-12-2016 11:13 AM)westsidewolf1989 Wrote:  Spread is 30 points

Take Baylor
09-12-2016 11:15 AM
Advertisement

HawaiiOwl Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Owls
Why not just jump to the post-game thread. Cannot imagine beating the spread
09-12-2016 11:51 AM
At Ease Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Rice Owls
(09-12-2016 11:07 AM)raptorsareout Wrote:  

Our marketing efforts continue to increasingly resemble a Sarah McLachlan SPCA commercial.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2016 01:00 PM by At Ease.)
09-12-2016 12:34 PM
Tomball Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-12-2016 12:34 PM)At Ease Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 11:07 AM)raptorsareout Wrote:  

Our marketing efforts continue to progressively resemble a Sarah McLachlan SPCA commercial more and more.

Now that's funny...or sad depending on how you look at it.
09-12-2016 12:45 PM
loki_the_bubba Offline
Heisman

(09-12-2016 10:56 AM)Antarius Wrote:  

It might not rain.

Atleast the game isn't at NRG!

Which might have been better depending on how much rain...
09-12-2016 01:06 PM
Orange County Owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice/Bradley/Iowa

New Orleans Bowl
Feel bad for JK et al ... this was our chance to make at least a marketing statement on a national ESPN platform. A chance to show off the EZF and talk about the great strides the athletic department has made going into conference realignment.

I think we could have still pulled this off at 1-1. Going to be tough after crapping the bed twice.
09-12-2016 01:27 PM
Advertisement

Tomball Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-12-2016 01:27 PM)Orange County Owl Wrote:  Feel bad for JK et al ... this was our chance to make at least a marketing statement on a national ESPN platform. A chance to show off the EZF and talk about the great strides the athletic department has made going into conference realignment.

I think we could have still pulled this off at 1-1. Going to be tough after crapping the bed twice.

Who are we kidding? ESPN will be focused exclusively on Baylor and their Phoenix-like rise from the ashes of the Art Briles debaucle. We'll be lucky if they even mention who Baylor is playing (other than the on-screen graphics). Now if the Owls somehow manage to put up a fight...I guess the story would be Baylor hasn't risen from the ashes.
09-12-2016 01:36 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
I'm going counter... Not enough that we win, but far better than I would have predicted pre-season

1) Baylor not as good as they were expected to be
2) Players mad
3) Coaches pulling out some stops.

Only down by 7 at the half... Lose by 24+, but only because of 2 late Baylor scores (us gambling) Very similar to their game vs SMU
09-12-2016 01:37 PM
Rick Gerlach Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
The Parliament AwardsCrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(09-12-2016 01:37 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  I'm going counter... Not enough that we win, but far better than I would have predicted pre-season

1) Baylor not as good as they were expected to be
2) Players mad
3) Coaches pulling out some stops.

Only down by 7 at the half... Lose by 24+, but only because of 2 late Baylor scores (us gambling) Very similar to their game vs SMU

Bad weather would help out here as well. At least I would hope it would hurt their offense more than it might exacerbate our problems making catches/holding on to the ball.
09-12-2016 02:00 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

New Orleans Bowl

It might not rain.

Why is that a positive? I hope the field looks like the SMU soccer field at gametime when the Owls were supposed to play here in Dallas.

[Image: CqQ0WfWUAAAgILx.jpg]

To be fair, the Rice women have since prepared for such games...

Rice Soccer (@RiceSoccer) | Twitter
Quote:Rice Soccer ‏@RiceSoccer Sep 10
[Image: CsBnE6kVMAA9E-U.jpg]
Some aquatic recovery today. We'll be ready to compete against @RiceSwimming soon!
09-12-2016 02:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.