Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Great weekend for the conference
Bookmark and Share
MU42 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
Sad Great weekend for the conference
0-8 vs FBS schools ?. Sure there were some tough ones, but there were also some winnable ones. People get mad when the conference is talked about as being on par with the Sun Belt, but I don't know why, this conference is as bad as it's ever been. By my count we are 2-12 in the non conference FBS games. Sun Belt is 4-10, MAC is 5-9, MWC is 6-10, and the AAC is 7-5.

When I counted those records I had a 2 year old crawling on me so the accuracy could be off. But either way, we suck right now.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2016 09:13 AM by MU42.)
09-11-2016 08:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
RE: Great weekend for the conference
It's bad right now for sure. I'm seeing the Belt and the Mac showing improvement from top to bottom and us....well.... Not so much
09-11-2016 08:16 AM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
Not only that.....all of them were blowouts except the UTSA game. Not that WKU didn't give a respectable performance, though the outcome was never in doubt.

After WKU, Marshall, Southern Miss, LT, and MTSU.......there is a huge dropoff.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2016 08:18 AM by shiftyeagle.)
09-11-2016 08:17 AM
Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
Yeah, this wasn't a good weekend, for sure. We have a ways to go, although some of these games were tough ones to win, in any event.
09-11-2016 08:19 AM
Rowdy's Castle Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UTSA
We have a member of one of our fan sites keeping tally of the CUSA OOC results (http://www.rowdytalk.com/showthread.php/...A-2016-OOC)

CUSA is currently 2 - 12 vs FBS opponents so far this year.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2016 08:48 AM by Rowdy's Castle.)
09-11-2016 08:40 AM
MU42 Offline
1st String

I count 8 solid chances for wins next week. Prob get at least 4, but we need more.
09-11-2016 09:28 AM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

Well, in the "how many wins this week" thread I said 5. Couldn't believe their were some saying as many as 8. Reality hasn't hit home for some yet.
09-11-2016 09:34 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Until you can get a 3 or 5 year rolling average going, this really does not show much. One season does not a conf make.
09-11-2016 09:35 AM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators
Certainly not a great week. But, this week was payday for many programs. The games I were most disappointed in were MTSU/Vandy and Army/Rice. Those were games that we could have easily won.

I think it gets better from this week on.
09-11-2016 09:41 AM
MU42 Offline
1st String

(09-11-2016 09:41 AM)galojah Wrote:  Certainly not a great week. But, this week was payday for many programs. The games I were most disappointed in were MTSU/Vandy and Army/Rice. Those were games that we could have easily won.

I think it gets better from this week on.

Same here. Except the getting better part.
09-11-2016 10:32 AM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Colley bias free website:
http://www.colleyrankings.com/foot2015/r...onf16.html

CUSA is 10-2 versus the Sunbelt since 2014. Both losses by ODU

Do you not remember last Dec when Tech doninated the undefeated Sunbelt Champ?
09-11-2016 11:20 AM
Advertisement

USM@FTL Offline
All American

WKU - the bookies said Bama was 4 touchdowns better than you. They are. The game wasn't ever in question. That is a real defense, usually the nation's best. That's your measuring stick. They shut your offense down. I see them doing that to every team in the SEC too. You have 2 good games coming up to redeem yourselves. Please don't faceplant like...

MTU - you let Vanderbilt run it down your throat. Everyone else is going to try and run it down your throat now. How bad is the injury situation at WR? Are you due to get any back soon? 50% completion rate won't win many games.

UTEP - Aaron Jones is the real deal, but he is apparently the entire offense. 73 passing yards and 10 first downs is being thoroughly dominated. Somehow you're 3rd-best in the west.

FAU - totally expected. Driskel appears to be something to build around. Do so. Do so quickly and you can get to a bowl this year.

FIU - offense still a work in progress. Defense not really stopping anybody. Schedule softens to see how bad it really is.

Rice - expected worse. You couldn't crack 300 total yards versus Army. Not sure if the team has tanked yet or not. You might beat Prairie View and/or Charlotte.

ODU - you got stomped by a Sunbelt team, albeit a good one. Still no excuse. Recruit better athletes.

La Tech - surprised me with playing Higgins so much. J'Mar Smith is an intriguing prospect. Stats look sloppy. Not unexpected. Handled an outmanned team but are clearly #2 in the west. 700+ yards is eye-opening.

UNT - alright, progress. Keep building. You limited BC to 9 first downs. That's good salty defense. Build on that.

UTSA - you couldn't run the ball versus a mediocre CSU team that had given up 260 yards rushing to Colorado. Your defense and passing game appear to be a strength though. You just need a running game. You and UTEP might fight for that #3 in the west designation.

Marshall - thoroughly dominated an outmanned team as expected. Competition notches up each of the next 2 weeks to see what you've really got. Defense good so far.

Charlotte - nice FCS win. Keep building. You have a long way to go.

USM - thoroughly dominated an outmanned team as expected. Troy gave Clemson a scare and comes to the Rock next weekend. Kentucky looked horrible versus Florida. Hope Savannah State didn't lull us to sleep.
09-11-2016 11:24 AM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

(09-11-2016 09:35 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  Until you can get a 3 or 5 year rolling average going, this really does not show much. One season does not a conf make.

I agree CUSA is 7-5 against the AAC since the conference were set in 2014
09-11-2016 11:26 AM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

(09-11-2016 11:24 AM)USM@FTL Wrote:  WKU - the bookies said Bama was 4 touchdowns better than you. They are. The game wasn't ever in question. That is a real defense, usually the nation's best. That's your measuring stick. They shut your offense down. I see them doing that to every team in the SEC too. You have 2 good games coming up to redeem yourselves. Please don't faceplant like...

MTU - you let Vanderbilt run it down your throat. Everyone else is going to try and run it down your throat now. How bad is the injury situation at WR? Are you due to get any back soon? 50% completion rate won't win many games.

UTEP - Aaron Jones is the real deal, but he is apparently the entire offense. 73 passing yards and 10 first downs is being thoroughly dominated. Somehow you're 3rd-best in the west.

FAU - totally expected. Driskel appears to be something to build around. Do so. Do so quickly and you can get to a bowl this year.

FIU - offense still a work in progress. Defense not really stopping anybody. Schedule softens to see how bad it really is.

Rice - expected worse. You couldn't crack 300 total yards versus Army. Not sure if the team has tanked yet or not. You might beat Prairie View and/or Charlotte.

ODU - you got stomped by a Sunbelt team, albeit a good one. Still no excuse. Recruit better athletes.

La Tech - surprised me with playing Higgins so much. J'Mar Smith is an intriguing prospect. Stats look sloppy. Not unexpected. Handled an outmanned team but are clearly #2 in the west. 700+ yards is eye-opening.

UNT - alright, progress. Keep building. You limited BC to 9 first downs. That's good salty defense. Build on that.

UTSA - you couldn't run the ball versus a mediocre CSU team that had given up 260 yards rushing to Colorado. Your defense and passing game appear to be a strength though. You just need a running game. You and UTEP might fight for that #3 in the west designation.

Marshall - thoroughly dominated an outmanned team as expected. Competition notches up each of the next 2 weeks to see what you've really got. Defense good so far.

USM - thoroughly dominated an outmanned team as expected. Troy gave Clemson a scare and comes to the Rock next weekend. Kentucky looked horrible versus Florida. Hope Savannah State didn't lull us to sleep.

Yeah I dont know. Might be to early for "clearly"

Just curious what was your write up after the Kentucky game?
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2016 11:31 AM by Dawgxas.)
09-11-2016 11:30 AM
USM@FTL Offline
All American

against UK, I thought we played a horrible first half, but showed poise in calming ourselves down and clawing back and past them in the second half. They only had 50 or so yards in the second half. We'd beat them worse if we played them again. I'd be shocked if they can recover this season.
09-11-2016 12:46 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
(09-11-2016 11:24 AM)USM@FTL Wrote:  WKU - the bookies said Bama was 4 touchdowns better than you. They are. The game wasn't ever in question. That is a real defense, usually the nation's best. That's your measuring stick. They shut your offense down. I see them doing that to every team in the SEC too. You have 2 good games coming up to redeem yourselves. Please don't faceplant like...

The defense was good, but BC also dropped some easy balls. What really made the difference in this game was the play of our true freshman QB, Mason Fine. He brings a different level of energy to the offense, and it just clicks when he is in there. If Littrell didn't pull him out at the start of the third quarter, we probably would have hung 60 on them.

North Texas will be a problem for teams in conference play if we can stay healthy and Fine continues to progress. We are not as bad as some on this board believe.
09-11-2016 01:33 PM
Advertisement

BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
If you go back one year ago from today on this board the same thing was being said. This conference is "what we thought it was"....bad.
09-11-2016 02:15 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(09-11-2016 08:19 AM)Cnelson203 Wrote:  Yeah, this wasn't a good weekend, for sure. We have a ways to go, although some of these games were tough ones to win, in any event.

I only clicked to read for shites and gigs....

"....a ways to go...."

????

where we going???

at this point in the game and at the end of the day, 'jockeying for position' doesn't mean a dayum thingy...

cooooosa is merely couscous....in reality, it always has been.....it's why so many have come and gone...I'm actually thankful we got invited to the Metro....that was a miracle and game changer for Southern Miss/HBG in so many ways....

there is only one thing that matters now....that's winning every single dayum game in da eyes of 'muh media'
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2016 02:28 PM by stinkfist.)
09-11-2016 02:27 PM
Up2stuff Offline
Special Teams

(09-11-2016 08:40 AM)Rowdys Castle Wrote:  We have a member of one of our fan sites keeping tally of the CUSA OOC results (http://www.rowdytalk.com/showthread.php/...A-2016-OOC)

CUSA is currently 2 - 12 vs FBS opponents so far this year.

No worries - there will be some FBS wins soon - conference play starts .04-cheers
09-11-2016 03:03 PM
monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
It was a tough week. Alabama, Vanderbilt, Miami, App St., Maryland, Col.St & Texas. The Rice loss is the only one I thought had a 50/50 chance to be a win. Was hoping for FIU and MTSU but both were long shots. Wins will come. I just want all of us to be at least .500 at the start of conference play.
09-11-2016 04:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.