This poll is closed.
End of 2016 22.50% 18 22.50%
2017 31.25% 25 31.25%
2018 20.00% 16 20.00%
Other 26.25% 21 26.25%
Total 80 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 
When do we start looking for a new coaching staff?
AimHigher Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
Exclamation When do we start looking for a new coaching staff?
When do we start looking for a new coaching staff?

At the current rate of play and playing calling when does ODU look for a new coach?

End of 2016
09-10-2016 03:39 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

AimHigher Offline
Heisman

RE: When do we start looking for a new coaching staff?
Who out there would be a good replacement?
09-10-2016 04:16 PM
CalODUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
We need a new Offensive Coordinator / Play Caller and a decent OL.
09-10-2016 04:21 PM
monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

If we don't go bowling in 2017. This is the last year of cutting slack for the move. Even GSU is turning things around.
09-10-2016 04:21 PM
AimHigher Offline
Heisman

I voted 2017. Next season is going to be hard on us
09-10-2016 04:23 PM
AimHigher Offline
Heisman

Poll results are private, vote away!!!
09-10-2016 06:12 PM
Advertisement

verycoolnin Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ODU/VT
6-6 or bust!
09-10-2016 06:40 PM
ETSUDB8-79 Offline
Coach

I Root For: ODU-ETSU
We still have 10 games to go this year and a lot of football to play. In fairness we are still playing a ton of underclassmen and I would think the coaches should get a chance to play with a significant number of our FBS recruits being at least being juniors if not seniors. Again, I would say I want to see a lot more of this season play out before I would make a final call.
09-10-2016 07:20 PM
ODU2011 Offline
1st String

Next year is going to get uglyyyy.
09-10-2016 07:21 PM
verycoolnin Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ODU/VT
(09-10-2016 07:20 PM)ETSUDB8-79 Wrote:  We still have 10 games to go this year and a lot of football to play. In fairness we are still playing a ton of underclassmen and I would think the coaches should get a chance to play with a significant number of our FBS recruits being at least being juniors if not seniors. Again, I would say I want to see a lot more of this season play out before I would make a final call.
This.

If we caught some key passes it would have been a much closer game.
09-10-2016 07:29 PM
The Doctor Is In Offline
Special Teams

(09-10-2016 07:20 PM)ETSUDB8-79 Wrote:  We still have 10 games to go this year and a lot of football to play. In fairness we are still playing a ton of underclassmen and I would think the coaches should get a chance to play with a significant number of our FBS recruits being at least being juniors if not seniors. Again, I would say I want to see a lot more of this season play out before I would make a final call.

I'm calling BS on this one. We are not playing a ton of underclassmen. At this point BW has the recruits and coaches that he wants. I agree that we have a ton of football to play...

BTW, we are tailgating in the Arena South lot space 21 this Saturday in Raleigh for those who want to stop by.
09-10-2016 08:03 PM
Advertisement

The Doctor Is In Offline
Special Teams

(09-10-2016 08:03 PM)The Doctor Is In Wrote:  

I'm calling BS on this one. We are not playing a ton of underclassmen. At this point BW has the recruits and coaches that he wants. I agree that we have a ton of football to play...

BTW, we are tailgating in the Arena South lot space 21 this Saturday in Raleigh for those who want to stop by.

For those doubters, here are the numbers:

2015 Appy game statistics:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/gam...=400763610

2016 Appy game statistics:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/gam...=400869355
09-10-2016 08:21 PM
ODUalum78 Online
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
Speaking only of the offense,
I am not sure how good this staff has ever been.
IMHO our FCS success was more a function of the players; Lou Holtz' "Jimmies and Joes"

We were the fortunate recipient of the demise of Hofstra football, some Jucos, and one of the better QBs ever to play FCS.

Three years into FBS recruiting (four really sinced we started to recruit FBS even though we delayed our transition in order to try for an FCS championship), let's compare our the positions.
QB - speaks for itself. We may never see another Heinicke.
WR - it may be problematic to compare Nick Mayers because of smaller stature, but we certainly do not now have a receiver the caliber of Larry Pinkard.
OL. - we do not now have an OL as good as the Born, Lowney, Morrell line. Likely none of our guys right now will ever get NFL looks like they did.
Kicking game - No one close to Plisco and Brown.
RB - ok Lawry and Cox are the best we have ever had.

So, save for one position we are not at the same level of personnel as we were in 2012.

Some have said that we need to wait until we are all FBS with respect to recruits. 2017/2018.
To that I say, had our ongoing recruiting been successful, most of the later FCS recruits should have been at least as good as those they had replaced, based on our success. We announced our intent to move up in 2012. so we had a jump on selling FBS anyway.
So far, I am not sure that the majority of our FBS recruits are any better or are going to be as good as the best of our FCS players

Additionally, I continue to believe that TH, due to his almost supernatural skill operated what amounted to a sandlot offense, with very good support players.

BW is feeling the pressure. After today's game he threw some players under the bus. He used to always take the blame himself.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2016 08:44 PM by ODUalum78.)
09-10-2016 08:38 PM
Old Blue Offline
1st String

I hope everyone is happy with what they are seeing. With 17 returning players on the 2-deep, this is probably the best you are going to see with Coach Wilder. Unless of course we land another Taylor Heinicke, and what's the chances of that? I will always be grateful for what CW did for the program. But it must be asked, is he the one to lead Monarch football into the future? I am for getting an experienced FBS staff and paying them what they are worth. Games left with NC. State, WKU, Marshall, USM, FAU and UTEP I honestly expect to lose every one of these. We are going backwards.
09-10-2016 08:40 PM
bit_9 Offline

Meh. Skies not falling yet. App is a top 50 team easy. I do have a question tho. Who calls the plays on o? They need to explain those 4th and short deep plays.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
09-10-2016 08:45 PM
ODUalum78 Online
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
(09-10-2016 08:45 PM)bit_9 Wrote:  Meh. Skies not falling yet. App is a top 50 team easy. I do have a question tho. Who calls the plays on o? They need to explain those 4th and short deep plays.

and the third and long inside handoffs
09-10-2016 08:46 PM
Advertisement

bit_9 Offline

I didn't see us out-talented today in any position except the O line. Otherwise I think our biggest wtf is play calling.

They just looked like their play book was way deeper. We showed the same stuff over and over and I saw lots of different looks from App.
09-10-2016 08:52 PM
owynn Offline
2nd String

I get annoyed with the "sky is falling; fire everyone" posts after every loss, but I am in 100% agreement with the frustration of the 3rd and long inside handoffs. The play calling leaves little to be desired at times.

Patience, everyone. It's only game two of twelve. Until then, let's take it one game at a time.
09-10-2016 08:56 PM
AimHigher Offline
Heisman

(09-10-2016 08:45 PM)bit_9 Wrote:  Meh. Skies not falling yet. App is a top 50 team easy. I do have a question tho. Who calls the plays on o? They need to explain those 4th and short deep plays.

Wilder said all 4th down calls are his.
09-10-2016 08:58 PM
bit_9 Offline

Then yeah. He isnt fooling anyone. Stop it!
09-10-2016 09:06 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.