Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Beer Beer Goggles
Bookmark and Share
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
Beer Beer Goggles
Great video, since I know there are a fair share of beer snobs on this here board.

09-09-2016 02:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
RE: Beer Beer Goggles
It's exactly like hanging out with Rath. No seat vendor beer for him....oh no.

09-09-2016 03:19 PM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Dont be a defeatist, dear. It's so middle class.

09-10-2016 01:24 AM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
since i didn't feel like finding anything else (and this one is actually appropriate for what i'm about to tell you), i hosted an after party for a friend's wedding and someone left jimmy buffett's beer. landshark lager. i've been quite smitten with island beers as of late and knew with shame that i was going to like this. and it's quite a beer. very refreshing and i hope i come across it again. but i probably won't buy it

05-12-2017 09:54 AM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Old Style on tap at Northside Tavern. After a Two Hearted Ale it's a shock. I had forgotten about this one. Not as good as the 30 pack of Hamms always on deck in my fridge in the garage that Eastside, the missuses and I now have Krogers carrying but it will do in a pinch.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 06:15 PM by rath v2.0.)
05-12-2017 06:13 PM
Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
(05-12-2017 06:13 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Old Style on tap at Northside Tavern. After a Two Hearted Ale it's a shock. I had forgotten about this one. Not as good as the 30 pack of Hamms always on deck in my fridge in the garage that Eastside, the missuses and I now have Krogers carrying but it will do in a pinch.

Being the girly-man that I am, I request that you draft a strongly worded letter to my local Krogers to start carrying Ciderboys Grand Mimosa. Pro Sonny Bono. I'm a dessert drinker.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 07:32 PM by Billy_Bearcat.)
05-12-2017 07:30 PM
Advertisement

Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

old style is a classic. love going into those neighborhood chicago bars and ordering a couple. man, i quit being a beer snob awhile ago. it's gotten so silly with how prevalent it all is. my little sister informs me, "oh we only drink craft beer." anyway, i don't go out of my way to try something particular anymore. still love my ipa's though. i'm through with coffee stouts. it seems anymore those are the only stouts america can make. i want a nice oatmeal stout.

you been to the listing loon in northside, rath?

05-13-2017 09:02 AM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
I have not. Do tell?

Sadly, we just can't get to NS much anymore...when I lived downtown it was a staple...when you live in Anderson it's a 45 minute excursion with no direct routes.

We went to Rahn's (love that place) for 20 pepper plants for Gentleman Farmer Rath's garden and it morphed into beers with the bearded.

I'm still an IPA junkie and we dig beer tourism but we always have Strohs or Hamms on hand, too...these are the unheralded gems of the cheap beer universe. Have not had a direct Miller or Bud product in maybe 7 years.

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2017 09:10 AM by rath v2.0.)
05-13-2017 09:10 AM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
(05-12-2017 07:30 PM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  
(05-12-2017 06:13 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Old Style on tap at Northside Tavern. After a Two Hearted Ale it's a shock. I had forgotten about this one. Not as good as the 30 pack of Hamms always on deck in my fridge in the garage that Eastside, the missuses and I now have Krogers carrying but it will do in a pinch.

Being the girly-man that I am, I request that you draft a strongly worded letter to my local Krogers to start carrying Ciderboys Grand Mimosa. Pro Sonny Bono. I'm a dessert drinker.

Streetside Brewery on Eastern is a fine place. In addition to some diverse beer styles they also carry a very good Kombucha on tap and...wait for it...Cider boys.

For the mobile office work at Starbucks crowd, they also open every day at 8am, have good coffee, eats and wifi. Nothing like working while the smell of mash wort in the air.

If youz guys are soccer fans, Saturday AMs they have like 6 big screen TVs with every match from Brazil's to Germany going on all day. Some crazy all access satellite package. Not my sport but it's a fun crowd all day.

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2017 09:24 AM by rath v2.0.)
05-13-2017 09:23 AM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

amen. i'd throw in old milwaukee too. milwaukee is a giant cheap beer city. it's so lovely.

grey road is prime garden universe. out near frog town and wooden shoe hollow. wooden shoe hollow is the unheralded star of cincinnati. just a bunch of small old farms tucked away in close proximity. the family's used to trade houses. there's a nursery out there called keystone flora with a bunch of native plants and trees available for sale. my buddy used to rent a log cabin out there and we would hit golf balls out into the field. they're open on tuesdays and saturdays i think.

http://keystoneflora.com/

listing loon is on the strongest block on hamilton. it's a bottle shop with a few taps. run by a couple of former comet employees. wilco's typically played over the speakers. they've got live music most every night

05-13-2017 09:34 AM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Now you are really speaking my language. I'll definitely check that joint out. At the risk of this sounding gay ( in 2017 is it ok to even say that, I digress) I'm slowly converting my yard into hummingbird and butterfly gardens with mostly native wildflowers and flowering vines. Craft beer road and gardening street are a really busy intersection at Chateau Rath...the two hobbies were designed to be enjoyed together.

05-13-2017 10:01 AM
Advertisement

Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

plant ass loads of milkweed

05-13-2017 12:17 PM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Heard dat.

05-13-2017 09:08 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

my wife takes the butterfly pretty serious. she saw her a swallowtail caterpillar in the garden the other day. i saw me a monarch just recently. my wife, when she was pregnant, we took these hypnobirthing classes and one of the devices employed was transporting yourself to your realm of tranquility. i went more new agey than necessary, but her serenity was the winter migration zone in the highlands of central mexico of the monarch. she be propagating milkweed and passing em out to friends strangers. bombed the f*cked outta parker woods.

05-15-2017 02:45 PM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Nice. Downside to manicured yards and gardens is people look at milkweed like a noxious weed instead of something cool for the critters. Bloomin' Center in Kenwood and Bzak in Milford have some interesting stuff. I went with the swamp milkweed in a few colors. Last September I nuked a 60x15 swath of grass (I hate fescue) along the driveway just for the butterflutters and their ruby throated bird pals.

Back to beer...we did Mother's Day at Washington Park for the dog park and Asian food fest (low hanging joke in there somewhere) Tsingtao is better than Ichibon by a long stretch.

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2017 04:22 PM by rath v2.0.)
05-15-2017 04:15 PM
geef Offline
JV Bench Warmer

I Root For: Binturongs
(05-15-2017 04:15 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Nice. Downside to manicured yards and gardens is people look at milkweed like a noxious weed instead of something cool for the critters. Bloomin' Center in Kenwood and Bzak in Milford have some interesting stuff. I went with the swamp milkweed in a few colors. Last September I nuked a 60x15 swath of grass (I hate fescue) along the driveway just for the butterflutters and their ruby throated bird pals.

Back to beer...we did Mother's Day at Washington Park for the dog park and Asian food fest (low hanging joke in there somewhere) Tsingtao is better than Ichibon by a long stretch.

Chiming in late on this discussion - there's nothing better for drinking beer than a backyard full of plants and flowers that attract hummingbirds, bees and butterflies. I have a bee hive (which leads to holiday mead each year), and focus much of my planting on things like lilacs, echinacea, asters, and hyssop. Hummingbirds seem to like this as well. For butterflies, my kids and I mix up buckets of "seed bombs" each spring - basically, clay balls with native wildflower seeds - and bike around the neighborhood throwing them into open space and medians that aren't actively maintained. It's fun to see the wildflowers that come from that activity.

Now if I could only grow a tomato like I was able to when I lived in the Midwest.....

05-16-2017 12:47 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Bees? That is bad ass. Mead goes to eleven. Very cool, sir.

I demand a booze and gardening subdirectory! One of ya'all mod's get crackin.

05-16-2017 03:44 PM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I stick to growing fruits and vegetables. Put in a 350 sqft fenced garden a couple years ago. Nothing quite like eating something you grow yourself. Currently I have a very aggravating slug problem with my strawberries.

I like growing odd things. This year I ordered peanuts off amazon those are going well. I've also been working on an avocado tree. Ive never seen something grow so slowly. This year I'm also trying a pineapple plant. I doubt that'll have enough time grow anything substanstial but I think it's cool.

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2017 08:23 PM by BeerCat.)
05-16-2017 08:22 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

haven't tried it out yet, but i've been saving my egg shells to spread around them slug areas. my buddy recommended i try it. gonna end up in the dirt anyways. dry the shells first. makes em easier to break and they don't be stankin. i'd imagine a bird feeder would do some work, to help draw them towards the slugs, but birds also love fruit. ate all our damn peaches last year.

what type of strawberries? we grow alpine and the regular kind. never had a slug issue on the alpine. this is the first year for the regulars. anyone have any paw paw trees?

05-16-2017 08:38 PM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I'll have to try the eggshells. I bought Mara des bois strawberries because I had some on a trip to California last year and they were amazing. I've barely tasted mine though due to pests. I feel it's mostly a number game. I just had to grow more than those bastards can eat.

05-16-2017 10:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.