Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I think Rice, Tulsa, UTEP, and SMU need to defect
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

pick up what's left of the eastern WAC(NMSU and Louisiana Tech) and get UNT and Louisiana-Lafayette from the Sun Belt. If we need any more members for baseball or whatever we give Houston and/or Tulane the opportunity to join us for free or we steal one more team from the Belt. It may not be glamorous but at least it would be OURS and no one would treat us like second class citizens the way we were treated in the WAC or the way we're being treated(and will continue to be treated) in C-USA. I fear that if something like this does not happen UTEP will just take the easy way out and accept the first offer that comes our way from the MWC.
04-26-2005 07:03 PM
Quote this message in a reply
EastStang Offline
All American

I Root For:

I think SMU fans right now are happy to be in CUSA, the WAC was a disaster for us. I think SMU would not be in favor of joining La-La or UNT. Remember, we still remember the SWC glory days not so long ago and that would be perceived as basically giving up on football. Tulane, Rice, Tulsa are all schools of like mind academically. Remember Memphis, UAB, UCF are relative newbies to big time football. We've won two national championships in that sport and like UTEP (in basketball) we feel that we should be at the best eschelon in sports. Once UTEP and SMU start kicking butt in CUSA, we'll get plenty of love. Memphis and ECU have BE desires anyway and will be hiking up their skirts for them if they make a pass.
04-27-2005 10:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies

Good post EastStang. I agree wholeheartedly. there seems to be an anti Texas baclash going on this conference :bang: I include Houston in that as well.
04-27-2005 11:20 AM
Charleston Pony Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I like the fact that we were able to remain conference mates with UTEP, Tulsa and Rice and also rejoin Houston. Along with Tulane, I like our division in CUSA and I hope everyone else does, too. Tulane fans might be disappointed because they don't have a long history with us, but we've played them a few times over the years and in time should become nice rivals. I also like the predominately private school west vs public school east make up of the conference, or the predominately Texas vs the rest flavor. We just need to go our and beat schools like Memphis, Marshall, USM, etc... because I'm sure they have little respect for the incoming programs as we are admittedly a drop-off from those departing for the Big East. Time will tell whether we will be worthy invitees and whether this will be a good place to compete.

If it doesn't work out, I foresee the rebirth of the SWC, although it will be a very watered down version of what the old SWC was. I once thought a conference with SMU, TCU, UNT, Houston, Rice, UTEP, NMSU, Tulsa, Ark St, La Tech, La-Laf & Tulane might be fun.
05-01-2005 02:01 PM
Mustangs35SMU Offline
Pony Up!

I Root For: SMU, Alabama

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Charleston Pony Wrote:I like the fact that we were able to remain conference mates with UTEP, Tulsa and Rice and also rejoin Houston. Along with Tulane, I like our division in CUSA.
Agree.
I really think that this will be the start of great years to come at SMU and even at the other Texas Schools in the CUSA.

We'll see how it goes this next season.
05-01-2005 05:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dallas Hall Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: SMU

Not sure I see the Texas schools being dissed. The solution, in any case, is for the new CUSA to kick some Out of Conference B*tt and for the West Division to show the East how football is played in the big time.

Let's have some fun and not continue the membership debate. In any case, everyone needs a few years to let things settle.

Go SMU, Go West, Go CUSA!!!

04-cheers
05-02-2005 01:52 PM
#SMU_ROCKZ# Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I like where we are right now.Thanks anyway.
05-21-2005 11:32 PM
tigertom Offline
"Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum"

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Donators

EastStang Wrote:I think SMU fans right now are happy to be in CUSA, the WAC was a disaster for us.  Remember Memphis, UAB, UCF are relative newbies to big time football.  Memphis and ECU have BE desires anyway and will be hiking up their skirts for them if they make a pass.

:frown: Oh, come on now... I've been pushing for supportin' you guys and here you're trying to through cold water on things. We should all go out and "Beat the hell out of - - - - -", as they say in Aggieland. I wish we were playing SMU this year. Look forward to it someday. Tulsa, been there done that. UTEP, well don't think we've met, but we will this year.

"Memphis and ECU have BE desires anyway and will be hiking up their skirts for them if they make a pass." Can you imagine playing ... Rutgers !!! 03-puke Let's go WEST !! 04-rock

Just keep on havin' fun down there and be prepared when you hit the field/court.

Welcome to C-USA !!

Go Tigers !!!
05-31-2005 03:53 PM
rcmfuzzy Offline
Stupendousman

I Root For: Memphis

I think a few of you are nuts. break off and form another conf with Ark. St, LA-Lf and others? I miss the old CUSA but like the new CUSA also. the only anti-Texas anything that current schools have is against Britton B. We are just unenthuised by his leadership. I'm looking forward to playing UTEP the next two years and seeing the others as well. We all need to work at some improvement and kicking non-conf team's butts. :chair: 05-mafia
Glad to have everyone of you. 04-cheers
06-02-2005 04:40 PM
Dallas Hall Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: SMU

Owlmaha Wrote:Get a baseball team for crying out loud!
After Rice gets:

Men's Swimming
Men's Soccer
Women's Golf
Women's Equestrian
Women's Rowing

:D
06-20-2005 08:53 PM
Green Menace Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Charleston Pony Wrote:If it doesn't work out, I foresee the rebirth of the SWC, although it will be a very watered down version of what the old SWC was. I once thought a conference with SMU, TCU, UNT, Houston, Rice, UTEP, NMSU, Tulsa, Ark St, La Tech, La-Laf & Tulane might be fun.
This lineup would make as fine a regional conference as you could hope for. And with national appeal. Lot of old rivalries and potential for new ones. Make it happen. 04-rock
04-16-2006 07:34 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards

Dallas Hall Wrote:
Owlmaha Wrote:Get a baseball team for crying out loud!
After Rice gets:

Men's Swimming
Men's Soccer
Women's Golf
Women's Equestrian
Women's Rowing

:D

I know this was a joke.... but c'mon.... You've got more people tied up in scholarships, coaching and picking up after the "participants" than you do fans in the seats COMBINED. Why don't we add 15m sailing as well.
04-17-2006 02:00 PM
EastStang Offline
All American

I Root For:

We're working on women's sailing. If we added baseball we'd have to give up probably two men's sports. Except for the "revenue" sports, the only remaining men's programs are elite NCAA tournament calibre programs (soccer, swimming, tennis, golf). We won't be adding three more women's sports just to get baseball (I can't see us adding softball, bowling, lacrosse). Apparently our administration is very very serious about actually complying with Title IX. I suspect that it has something to do with our bid for the Bush Library.
04-17-2006 02:13 PM
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2

uhmump95 Wrote:Good post EastStang. I agree wholeheartedly. there seems to be an anti Texas baclash going on this conference :bang: I include Houston in that as well.
UAB fan here on my first visit to the SMU board (just came over to see whats up w/ the bball coach situation)...
i was pretty surprised by this thread? why do you feel theres an anti-texas feeling? just curious...ive never gotten that impression from way over here (granted, i dont live anywhere near c-usa country anymore)
not that it matters, but im glad to have SMU in C-USA
04-23-2006 03:45 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

I think most people in CUSA are glad to have U guys... there will always be a few idiots around. Overall I like the new make up of this confrence.. and this is one fan from the east side... that wants to see it grow and prosper. 02-13-banana
05-05-2006 08:33 AM
BlazinHeat Offline
Banned

I Root For:

MajorMiner Wrote:pick up what's left of the eastern WAC(NMSU and Louisiana Tech) and get UNT and Louisiana-Lafayette from the Sun Belt. If we need any more members for baseball or whatever we give Houston and/or Tulane the opportunity to join us for free or we steal one more team from the Belt. It may not be glamorous but at least it would be OURS and no one would treat us like second class citizens the way we were treated in the WAC or the way we're being treated(and will continue to be treated) in C-USA. I fear that if something like this does not happen UTEP will just take the easy way out and accept the first offer that comes our way from the MWC.

You never wanted UTEP in CUSA in the first place. Just be real about it and stop hiding your feelings behind this lame a$$ excuse.

Shhheessshhh!
05-12-2006 11:18 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards

Many posters in the Eastern Conference have delusions of being the next Big East raid. I don't want to say its a large number relative to the entire fan base, but they're pretty vocally "anti-west". These are the same people who have to think that everyone else must suck in order for them to succeed.
05-23-2006 04:00 PM
Mustangs35SMU Offline
Pony Up!

I Root For: SMU, Alabama

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

#SMU_ROCKZ# Wrote:I like where we are right now.Thanks anyway.

Amen. 04-rock
05-24-2006 05:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up

MajorMiner Wrote:pick up what's left of the eastern WAC(NMSU and Louisiana Tech) and get UNT and Louisiana-Lafayette from the Sun Belt. If we need any more members for baseball or whatever we give Houston and/or Tulane the opportunity to join us for free or we steal one more team from the Belt. It may not be glamorous but at least it would be OURS and no one would treat us like second class citizens the way we were treated in the WAC or the way we're being treated(and will continue to be treated) in C-USA. I fear that if something like this does not happen UTEP will just take the easy way out and accept the first offer that comes our way from the MWC.

Are u crazy.. U are now in what has to be considered the #1 or at worse #2 non bcs conf... and u want to form a wac/sunbelt combo...
08-07-2006 08:09 AM
Mongoose777 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
smu sucks
SMU sucks today, tomorrow, and always will.
SMU should be an independent. They are an embarrassment to CUSA.
I'm surprised the coaches are still there after doing nothing but
sit on their butts. I'm tired of losing and I'm tired of excuses.
08-12-2006 11:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.