Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How the Huskies could sell more tickets.
Bookmark and Share
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
This might seem like a radical idea, but perhaps the starting times of the games could be determined before the schedule is released. That way, people could look at the schedule and decide if they can fit a Huskie game in with their other plans. TBA does not help much. Call me crazy, but I think people would buy more tickets if they knew what time the game started.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2016 10:15 AM by Huskie_Jon.)
09-07-2016 10:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
This is very true. Except for the weeknight games, people have to block off an entire Saturday. Not many people with familial commitments can do that. Same for basketball. Unfortunately, the MAC and TV rule the world - even though most of our games are not televised.
09-07-2016 10:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DogPoundNorth Offline
Coach Carey Loves His Wife

I Root For: NIU
RE: How the Huskies could sell more tickets.
Sadly NIU doesn't get to release game times until the NCAA tells them when they are being played.
09-07-2016 10:28 AM
thehappyhuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
we're in a decidedly catch 22. fans like to see their team win. unfortunately we had the longest win streak at home in the nation, so the idea got old. esp when it was the same teams year in and year out.

so it loses its luster after a while when you watch NIU whip a MAC East team for the umpteenth time. But if they lose? well no one wants to go watch their team lose.
09-07-2016 10:46 AM
Advertisement

NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
(09-07-2016 10:46 AM)thehappyhuskie Wrote:  we're in a decidedly catch 22. fans like to see their team win. unfortunately we had the longest win streak at home in the nation, so the idea got old. esp when it was the same teams year in and year out.

so it loses its luster after a while when you watch NIU whip a MAC East team for the umpteenth time. But if they lose? well no one wants to go watch their team lose.

Agreed, would be much more engaging to scrap for, 6-6, 7-5, 8-4, 9-3 in the current AAC.
09-07-2016 10:52 AM
huskie1stdown Offline
Heisman

Join a better Conference.
09-07-2016 12:32 PM
HuskiesCHI27 Offline
Banned

While I do agree the game times set are awful; I blame this to the awful MAC conference but also the disinterested NIU fan base. Look folks, it doesn't matter what time they play, it's WHO they are playing. If you are playing a big opponent that isn't MAC on. Tuesday night people will come. I mean students just don't give a crap. Students prefer to tailgate for 5 hours get drunk and leave. Our alumni base which numbers in the 130k plus range don't bother showing up even when it is a good time. Why? The competition. Now, maybe the SDSU game will get a lot of folks. But if they lose to USF; all those talking about sell out...lol are you kidding me? The evidence is clearly there, the fan base will show up for games against the big 10 and other programs like FSU but not care about the rest. And when they lose those big games they'll go back to not caring and supporting the other college programs which they have no affiliation to. So we can sit here and talk all we want about ideas and this and that but as long as the MAC is our conference this program will slowly continue to die with or without Carey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-07-2016 01:30 PM
Advertisement

HuskiesCHI27 Offline
Banned

Let me also add, look around every P5 school and other schools like those in the MW and AAC they have some sort of tradition that makes me the game day environment exciting. We have nothing. Literally nothing. Our marching band is awful. What do we have? A red and black dialing chant? That's awful. I mean even when the team is supposed to come out there is nothing exciting about it. If NIU was serious about moving up, which they aren't, they'd have done something to make the game day environment more exciting. No we can't run down a hill. But how about strapping up some Huskies to a sled and having the mascot on it carrying the flag? Damn this program is awful on so many levels. At least Yordon and Chessick gave us something amazing.

09-07-2016 01:38 PM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
(09-07-2016 01:38 PM)HuskiesCHI27 Wrote:  Let me also add, look around every P5 school and other schools like those in the MW and AAC they have some sort of tradition that makes me the game day environment exciting. We have nothing. Literally nothing. Our marching band is awful. What do we have? A red and black dialing chant? That's awful. I mean even when the team is supposed to come out there is nothing exciting about it. If NIU was serious about moving up, which they aren't, they'd have done something to make the game day environment more exciting. No we can't run down a hill. But how about strapping up some Huskies to a sled and having the mascot on it carrying the flag? Damn this program is awful on so many levels. At least Yordon and Chessick gave us something amazing.

We used to have a cannon...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
09-07-2016 02:19 PM
DogPoundNorth Offline
Coach Carey Loves His Wife

(09-07-2016 01:38 PM)HuskiesCHI27 Wrote:  Let me also add, look around every P5 school and other schools like those in the MW and AAC they have some sort of tradition that makes me the game day environment exciting. We have nothing. Literally nothing. Our marching band is awful. What do we have? A red and black dialing chant? That's awful. I mean even when the team is supposed to come out there is nothing exciting about it. If NIU was serious about moving up, which they aren't, they'd have done something to make the game day environment more exciting. No we can't run down a hill. But how about strapping up some Huskies to a sled and having the mascot on it carrying the flag? Damn this program is awful on so many levels. At least Yordon and Chessick gave us something amazing.

We have a lathargic fan base that was blown apart by our own conference scheduling our best games on Tuesdays and a stadium that better suits the DeKalb Barbs than the NIU Huskies. So don't tell me we don't have anything! We have our 1950s stadium and our sub standard boring competition good sir!!
09-07-2016 02:42 PM
Advertisement

Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

(09-07-2016 02:42 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  

We have a lathargic fan base that was blown apart by our own conference scheduling our best games on Tuesdays and a stadium that better suits the DeKalb Barbs than the NIU Huskies. So don't tell me we don't have anything! We have our 1950s stadium and our sub standard boring competition good sir!!
#MACsurging

09-07-2016 02:46 PM
GOONSQUAD41 Offline
2nd String

Make DeKalb Great Again. It is a dump. Why the school caters to the local community I have no idea they are the first to complain and they have zero dollars.

Stadium doesn't even pass code. Federal funding will make it ADA okay. Bathrooms are gross on student side and wifi needs improvement.

Our fan base is filled with cheap lazy people who complain about walking from the convo to the game after paying 20 bucks for a paved lot. People are used to cheap entertainment at NIU and I almost wonder if we could even handle the Big 12.

End the Chance program and get the school to a level that is almost acceptable. NIU is extremely close to buying into the social justice that Mizzu did and look at what happened to it and quite frankly it might have already have happened. How did enrollment get so god awful with so many schools doing so well?
09-07-2016 03:07 PM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

(09-07-2016 03:07 PM)GOONSQUAD41 Wrote:  Make DeKalb Great Again. It is a dump. Why the school caters to the local community I have no idea they are the first to complain and they have zero dollars.

Stadium doesn't even pass code. Federal funding will make it ADA okay. Bathrooms are gross on student side and wifi needs improvement.

Our fan base is filled with cheap lazy people who complain about walking from the convo to the game after paying 20 bucks for a paved lot. People are used to cheap entertainment at NIU and I almost wonder if we could even handle the Big 12.

End the Chance program and get the school to a level that is almost acceptable. NIU is extremely close to buying into the social justice that Mizzu did and look at what happened to it and quite frankly it might have already have happened. How did enrollment get so god awful with so many schools doing so well?

Let's... not go there with this

09-07-2016 03:11 PM
Advertisement

HuskiesCHI27 Offline
Banned

The chance program is awful. I mean I shouldn't go there with all that is going on in this country and I apologize for this comment if it comes off that way but the whole section 8 people are destroying the school and campus. If you get rid of the section 8 people and Chance program the enrollment numbers would go up. The section eighters around Greek Row are not good people and an awful image.

09-07-2016 04:12 PM
HuskiesCHI27 Offline
Banned

(09-07-2016 02:19 PM)Stay Cool Wrote:  

We used to have a cannon...

Hahaha and I remember when they removed the cannon the uproar it caused on this board. That's just sad.

09-07-2016 04:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.