Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ohio vs Texas State
Bookmark and Share
JMUETC Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
Ohio vs Texas State
Our old coach vs. our dream conference mate. Turning out to be a pretty decent game. Ohio up 31-28 with 5 mins to go. Texas State with the ball
09-03-2016 06:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMad03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
RE: Ohio vs Texas State
Texas State allowing over 400 yards offense.
*gasp* What a surprise.
09-03-2016 06:25 PM
CISDuke2014 Offline
1st String

Going to OT

Sent from my SM-G930V using CSNbbs mobile app
09-03-2016 06:56 PM
olddawg Online
Hall of Famer

56-54. Good win for Withers to start out with
09-03-2016 08:48 PM
Dukes 92 Offline
Water Engineer

(09-03-2016 08:48 PM)olddawg Wrote:  56-54. Good win for Withers to start out with

Withers Defense Allows over 600 yards....just wow!
09-03-2016 09:01 PM
Dadgum Offline
1st String

Everett Withers is a bad coach.
09-03-2016 09:07 PM
Advertisement

olddawg Online
Hall of Famer

(09-03-2016 09:01 PM)Dukes 92 Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 08:48 PM)olddawg Wrote:  56-54. Good win for Withers to start out with

Withers Defense Allows over 600 yards....just wow!

(09-03-2016 09:07 PM)Dadgum Wrote:  Everett Withers is a bad coach.

At what point does a coach shed a "defensive" reputation? He's more like a coach that somehow managed to coach many years on defense...despite some unsatisfactory results.
09-03-2016 09:22 PM
2Buck Offline
All American

Withers is obviously a better head coach than defensive coach. Overall he breathed new life into our program. I don't blame him for bolting (even if it was done in a douchey way) and I harbor him no ill will. Regardless of how the rest of their season turns out, none of you can argue taking Texas State's sh!tty program on the road and beating a top-half MAC team that nearly beat App St in a bowl last year as anything but a big win. Glad we have Houston, but we're going to continue to serve as a springboard as long as we keep remaining an FCS program in FBS clothing.
09-03-2016 09:47 PM
Dukester Offline

It's nice to have a class coach that does not kick onsides kicks up 40 points.
09-03-2016 10:52 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

Ohio vs Texas State
(09-03-2016 06:16 PM)JMUETC Wrote:  Our old coach vs. our dream conference mate. Turning out to be a pretty decent game. Ohio up 31-28 with 5 mins to go. Texas State with the ball

Ohio is your dream conference mate? You may be the only person on here who'd list them as their top choice. They're MAYBE top 10 if you're only talking G5.

Anyways good for withers to squeak out of there with a missed 2 point conversion win in 3OT. 38 points in regulation and 54 overall show that he's got his defensive work cut out for him.
He won a game he shouldn't have though.
09-03-2016 10:54 PM
JMUETC Offline
1st String

(09-03-2016 10:54 PM)Potomac Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 06:16 PM)JMUETC Wrote:  Our old coach vs. our dream conference mate. Turning out to be a pretty decent game. Ohio up 31-28 with 5 mins to go. Texas State with the ball

Ohio is your dream conference mate? You may be the only person on here who'd list them as their top choice. They're MAYBE top 10 if you're only talking G5.

Anyways good for withers to squeak out of there with a missed 2 point conversion win in 3OT. 38 points in regulation and 54 overall show that he's got his defensive work cut out for him.

Doesn't JMU aspire to be in the MAC? I thought the MAC schools were JMU's acedemic and athletic peers.
09-03-2016 11:06 PM
Advertisement

Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
(09-03-2016 10:54 PM)Potomac Wrote:  

You're right we weren't supposed to win that game. We were 21 point dogs. Pretty impressive that we got the win.

I know a lot of yall dog him for defense and I've said it many times on your board but last year our defense was god awful.... sure we gave up 38 points in regulation but the defense looks alive this year, forcing turnovers and stopping short yardage conversions, when last year they just gave up and folded. Believe me when I say he is doing more with less, yall really don't get how bad our defense was last yesr.
09-04-2016 12:42 AM
Dukes1825 Offline
Special Teams

Why do y'all even still care? He's gone. Go Dukes and that's all.
09-04-2016 12:55 AM
Purplehazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison Dukes
(09-03-2016 09:47 PM)2Buck Wrote:  Withers is obviously a better head coach than defensive coach. Overall he breathed new life into our program. I don't blame him for bolting (even if it was done in a douchey way) and I harbor him no ill will. Regardless of how the rest of their season turns out, none of you can argue taking Texas State's sh!tty program on the road and beating a top-half MAC team that nearly beat App St in a bowl last year as anything but a big win. Glad we have Houston, but we're going to continue to serve as a springboard as long as we keep remaining an FCS program in FBS clothing.

+1 Which G5 team do we think Houston will be coaching in the not distant future? If I were a 20 something postion coach, latching onto Houston may not be a bad idea about now.
09-04-2016 06:40 AM
jmutoml757 Offline
All American

I Root For: jmu
(09-04-2016 06:40 AM)Purplehazed Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 09:47 PM)2Buck Wrote:  Withers is obviously a better head coach than defensive coach. Overall he breathed new life into our program. I don't blame him for bolting (even if it was done in a douchey way) and I harbor him no ill will. Regardless of how the rest of their season turns out, none of you can argue taking Texas State's sh!tty program on the road and beating a top-half MAC team that nearly beat App St in a bowl last year as anything but a big win. Glad we have Houston, but we're going to continue to serve as a springboard as long as we keep remaining an FCS program in FBS clothing.

+1 Which G5 team do we think Houston will be coaching in the not distant future? If I were a 20 something postion coach, latching onto Houston may not be a bad idea about now.

Charlotte needs help in the worst way, and they are right in his neck of the woods too. They come to my mind first.
09-04-2016 06:57 AM
Dukeman Offline
Special Teams

It is hard for high achievers to work in an organization with leadership that they do not respect.
09-04-2016 07:15 AM
Advertisement

Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

Images of Everitt along the sidelines looks like he's put on a few pounds in the off-season. I guess the larger paycheck from SWTX ST is buying a few more steak dinners with loaded potatoes. (Sorry Tx St fans, my loyalty to the women in my family that all earned degrees at your institution keeps me from using the school's new name)
09-04-2016 09:03 AM
jmuroadwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU albany
(09-04-2016 09:03 AM)Longhorn Wrote:  Images of Everitt along the sidelines looks like he's put on a few pounds in the off-season. I guess the larger paycheck from SWTX ST is buying a few more steak dinners with loaded potatoes. (Sorry Tx St fans, my loyalty to the women in my family that all earned degrees at your institution keeps me from using the school's new name)

Breakfast tacos and burritos! My bane when I visit our son in Austin.
09-04-2016 09:18 AM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-04-2016 09:18 AM)jmuroadwarrior Wrote:  
(09-04-2016 09:03 AM)Longhorn Wrote:  Images of Everitt along the sidelines looks like he's put on a few pounds in the off-season. I guess the larger paycheck from SWTX ST is buying a few more steak dinners with loaded potatoes. (Sorry Tx St fans, my loyalty to the women in my family that all earned degrees at your institution keeps me from using the school's new name)

Breakfast tacos and burritos! My bane when I visit our son in Austin.

I empathize!
09-04-2016 09:24 AM
CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST

And LBJ graduated from Southwest Texas State Teachers College. Ricky Sanders, Charles Austin and George Strait all went to SWT but they don't diss the new name. There are grads from 1969 until 2003 that have degrees saying SWT but they support the school and use the name change.
The name has changed 7 times and they don't go there any longer. That's just stubbornness and being petty.
09-04-2016 11:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.