Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: I watched a UTEP QB go 30/55, 334 yds., 3 passing/1 rushing TD... for BELHAVEN U
Bookmark and Share
born in the burg Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Southern Miss
OT: I watched a UTEP QB go 30/55, 334 yds., 3 passing/1 rushing TD... for BELHAVEN U
I am a Belhaven U alum and played there. I made my annual trek there to see the Belhaven-Millsaps football game. I had been hearing of a UTEP transfer who was competing for the starting role. His name is Hunter McEachern. The QB's daddy played for Belhaven's coach, Hal Mumme at UTEP back in the day. Well, he played and played well.

He threw the ball all over the field, converted 3 of 5 4th down conversions (Belhaven/Mumme go on 4th almost every time), and even led the team in rushing with 48 yards. I watched him run over a DB on one 1st down run.

I was just wondering, UTEP fans, did this kid have a chance at UTEP? Did anyone even know he was there? He didn't strike me as a D1 QB, but he is going to have one helluva career at Belhaven with Hal Mumme at the helm.
09-02-2016 11:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

el_chuco_kid Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UTEP
RE: OT: I watched a UTEP QB go 30/55, 334 yds., 3 passing/1 rushing TD... for BELHAVEN U
At the time he was at UTEP, he was down on the depth chart. He would have been behind Garrett Simpson, Ryan Metz, and Mack Leftwhich. This is after he redshirted his true freshman season of 2014, which was Jameille Showers' time. He probably figured he wouldn't ever get his fair shot, particularly with how much Kugler favored Leftwhich, and decided he'd be better off playing right away elsewhere. I'm happy for the young man and hope he continues to have a healthy and productive career at Belhaven and beyond.
09-02-2016 11:36 PM
born in the burg Offline
2nd String

RE: OT: I watched a UTEP QB go 30/55, 334 yds., 3 passing/1 rushing TD... for BELHAVEN U
(09-02-2016 11:36 PM)el_chuco_kid Wrote:  At the time he was at UTEP, he was down on the depth chart. He would have been behind Garrett Simpson, Ryan Metz, and Mack Leftwhich. This is after he redshirted his true freshman season of 2014, which was Jameille Showers' time. He probably figured he wouldn't ever get his fair shot, particularly with how much Kugler favored Leftwhich, and decided he'd be better off playing right away elsewhere. I'm happy for the young man and hope he continues to have a healthy and productive career at Belhaven and beyond.

Thanks. That is about what I figured. I am going to enjoy watching him for the next few years. Mumme takes these types of kids and has them passing for like three miles per year in the lower levels of college football.
09-02-2016 11:41 PM
el_chuco_kid Offline
Water Engineer

(09-02-2016 11:41 PM)born in the burg Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 11:36 PM)el_chuco_kid Wrote:  At the time he was at UTEP, he was down on the depth chart. He would have been behind Garrett Simpson, Ryan Metz, and Mack Leftwhich. This is after he redshirted his true freshman season of 2014, which was Jameille Showers' time. He probably figured he wouldn't ever get his fair shot, particularly with how much Kugler favored Leftwhich, and decided he'd be better off playing right away elsewhere. I'm happy for the young man and hope he continues to have a healthy and productive career at Belhaven and beyond.

Thanks. That is about what I figured. I am going to enjoy watching him for the next few years. Mumme takes these types of kids and has them passing for like three miles per year in the lower levels of college football.

Hal Mumme hasn't changed a bit. He employed his "air raid" attack while at NMSU.
09-02-2016 11:46 PM
Advertisement

THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(09-02-2016 11:46 PM)el_chuco_kid Wrote:  

Hal Mumme hasn't changed a bit. He employed his "air raid" attack while at NMSU.

Are you frigging kidding? You're crazy... He did this long before NMSU.. You do realize he coached in the SEC, right? At UK.. Tim Couch... Jared "I'm such a fatass blob" Lorenzen..ring a bell? and before that at Valdosta State...
09-03-2016 09:10 AM
el_chuco_kid Offline
Water Engineer

(09-03-2016 09:10 AM)THUNDERGround Wrote:  

Are you frigging kidding? You're crazy... He did this long before NMSU.. You do realize he coached in the SEC, right? At UK.. Tim Couch... Jared "I'm such a fatass blob" Lorenzen..ring a bell? and before that at Valdosta State...

Relax, pal. I didn't state he established his "air raid" while at NMSU, simply that he employed it during his short tenure in Las Cruces. I know full well Mumme has used this offensive scheme at every stop he's been. Being a UTEP fan, I have witnessed its effectiveness (good and bad) multiple times, as UTEP and NMSU have historically played against each other every year. Does that clarify my statement for you?
09-03-2016 10:10 AM
born in the burg Offline
2nd String

(09-03-2016 10:10 AM)el_chuco_kid Wrote:  

Relax, pal. I didn't state he established his "air raid" while at NMSU, simply that he employed it during his short tenure in Las Cruces. I know full well Mumme has used this offensive scheme at every stop he's been. Being a UTEP fan, I have witnessed its effectiveness (good and bad) multiple times, as UTEP and NMSU have historically played against each other every year. Does that clarify my statement for you?

I knew what you meant. Mummy's offense worked at the D1 level momentarily, until defenses adjusted. It doesn't work against elite defenses. However, when done well at the high school and small college level, it is unstoppable and fun to play and watch.
09-03-2016 12:39 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(09-03-2016 10:10 AM)el_chuco_kid Wrote:  

Yep...you should always be clear on this board. Lol
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2016 12:47 PM by THUNDERStruck73.)
09-03-2016 12:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.