WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

9-3 season
bossman68 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Football
9-3 season
About 6 months ago I predicted a 9-3 regular season and I still do. What are your thoughts?
09-02-2016 10:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
RE: 9-3 season
I don't see three losses on our schedule.
09-02-2016 10:54 AM
bossman68 Offline
2nd String

(09-02-2016 10:54 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  I don't see three losses on our schedule.

I hope you're right, tomorrows game will tell us a lot.
09-02-2016 10:56 AM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
15-0 and a National Title. Row the freaking Boat!
09-02-2016 11:12 AM
Advertisement

bossman68 Offline
2nd String

(09-02-2016 11:12 AM)Nacho Wrote:  15-0 and a National Title. Row the freaking Boat!

I like your enthusiasm, but I still think 9-3 plus a MAC Championship along with another bowl win would be a little more realistic.
09-02-2016 11:17 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

(09-02-2016 11:17 AM)bossman68 Wrote:  a MAC Championship along with another bowl win

03-cloud9
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2016 11:19 AM by Hiller4Hyz09.)
09-02-2016 11:19 AM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
We've had this discussion, argument whatever you want to call it ad nauseam.

Sans any excuses of statements of the obvious (injuries could happen 03-weeping) ...

... there is no one on the schedule that SHOULD beat WMU. NO ONE! This isn't last year with MSU and OSU (the belt with suspenders analogy).

COULD? Sure. And Moomba and Persrod could be the same person(s). 05-nono

Will there be closely contested games? Is the talent level and coaching ability comparable? Yes. But back to a previous comment regarding the Moomba vs Fighting Persrods. It takes two or more to have a fight otherwise it's just a simple lopsided beating (See CMU vs the Blue Hose).

WMU should run the table, even hobbling along at times with nicks and bruises to show for it. Maybe a carting off of one or two catalysts during the fight. But "next man up". How Mountain! You better better your best! Row the Boat! All are applicable and to be expected to provide that run through the finish tape.

Now depending on who and where WMU plays in a bowl game ... that may be the beating that takes place.

But I tire of the both sides of the mouth whining I read about all the excuses.

Heck I'd bet none of the Whiners have enough life insurance to provide for and protect their loved ones but boy when it comes to protecting their WMU Chubby, belts with suspenders, Disability riders, double indemnity clauses, accidental death and dismemberment (pun intended) riders all to protect their pride for a farking football season. 03-hissyfit

Now carry on with the hand ringing, rabbit foot stroking and ass grabbing! 03-idea
09-02-2016 11:38 AM
Advertisement

toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
We can win any game -- there's nothing saying any one game would be in fantasy land about winning (like Ohio State or MSU last year).

However, our lack of Defense, and our Offense being about the same as last year (you could say better for improvement, but also losing Braverman keeps it at 'just' as great as last year's)...

... I can't see us having winning consistency against challenging teams to threaten going undefeated.

So 9-3? That's possible. 1 MAC loss & 2 OOC losses. Or surprising everyone with only 1 OOC loss, but 2 MAC losses.

In order of % chance of happening, IMO:
1. 8-4
2. 9-3
3. 7-5
4. 10-2
5. 11-1
6. 12-0
7. 6-6
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2016 05:48 PM by toddjnsn.)
09-02-2016 02:01 PM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

How does it go from 10-2 to 7-5 to 11-1 Todd? Shouldn't you have 7-5 and 11-1 be switched?
09-02-2016 02:28 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

It's the chances of them happening, not in the order of winning %.

There's about the same chances as us going 7-5 as there is going 10-2.

A lesser chance of us going 11-1 than going 7-5 or 10-2.
09-02-2016 02:33 PM
Advertisement

gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(09-02-2016 02:01 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  We can win any game -- there's nothing saying any one game would be in fantasy land about winning (like Ohio State or MSU last year).

However, our lack of Defense, and our Offense being about the same as last year (you could say better for improvement, but also losing Braverman keeps it at 'just' as great as last year's)...

... I can't see us having winning consistency against challenging teams to threaten going undefeated.

So 9-3? That's possible. 1 MAC loss & 2 OOC losses. Or surprising everyone with only 1 OOC loss, but 2 MAC losses.

That's my point! But now ("let's interrupt today's programing with an important message") the excuses.

We live in such a non-committal world. It's 03-puke.

What lack of defense do you subjectively select to undergird your wishy washy ness? I have read as recently as today in the Detroit Free Press how the culture has changed DRAMATICALLY for the better! Winners not whiners (my words). DEPTH that would make Johnny Depth wince. It's so farking awesome but everyone but 1 (PJ) runs for the hills. It's alive! It eats our chillen and woman! Ahhhhhhh! The Humanity!

And the Offense (head hanging low - chin on chest - barely in a whisper) being the same as last year04-bs

A great game manager (Persod and Flyboy's mantra 2 years ago just minus the great) at QB, a top 3 Collegiate WR, (what was Greg Jennings?), an OL sans Moten that are all Fleckers(!), Chewuks is a junior(?) and the OL is so good that Freaky Frenchy Wesley is now a DL man. What's to fear but fear itself. And I wont even mention Franklin, Bogan and Bellamy. I promise, I wont even mention them! 03-no

You cant see us having any winning consistency? Really? Fleckdashians run off the cliff of Man Love willingly. Recruiting class after recruiting class, Cloud 9 emoticons raining down like a cascading water fall, consistently all repeating themselves to the point where ignoring DB, er Moomba means racking up more posts than Emily! Say it aint so Joe Jackson! 03-melodramatic

I wont ask how much life insurance you have. I know the answer.
09-02-2016 03:55 PM
Moomba Offline
Banned

I Root For: Pers's new id's
^
You're missing the point gbl. They secretly fear that the guy who confuses their sexual identity is going to leave. They fear the football team achieving its potential, have to hedge subconsciously.
09-02-2016 05:06 PM
WesternSkillet Offline
All American

I Root For: LU
I'm guessing 9-3 regular season as well. 2-2 ooc and 7-1 MAC.
Also, I don't want to see those shoulder oars on the away uniforms

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CSNbbs mobile app
09-02-2016 05:22 PM
Advertisement

flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-02-2016 05:22 PM)WesternSkillet Wrote:  I'm guessing 9-3 regular season as well. 2-2 ooc and 7-1 MAC.
Also, I don't want to see those shoulder oars on the away uniforms

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CSNbbs mobile app

Couldn't agree more... Hideous.
09-02-2016 05:25 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

BTW, I edited my by-chance selection of records, putting 7-5 more probable than 10-2....

Quote:What lack of defense do you subjectively select to undergird your wishy washy ness?

It's the lack of D objectively. We lost guys on the secondary, so we should expect the pass completion % to be higher this year than last. We gave up 5.25 yards a carry last year, I don't see that going down. The O can make you win any game, as long as your D isn't completely completely horrible -- which ours isn't.

But when you want to win a conference title and/or hit 10 wins -- you need a Solid D, no matter how good your O is. We have an unproven D, and there's nothing that indicates it should be grand. So the burden is on the D to show it's at the level where going 10+ W and At Least going 4-of-6 from Toledo/NIU/@CMU/@Illinois/@Northwestern/GA-Southern.
09-02-2016 05:56 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(09-02-2016 05:56 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  BTW, I edited my by-chance selection of records, putting 7-5 more probable than 10-2....

Quote:What lack of defense do you subjectively select to undergird your wishy washy ness?

It's the lack of D objectively. We lost guys on the secondary, so we should expect the pass completion % to be higher this year than last. We gave up 5.25 yards a carry last year, I don't see that going down. The O can make you win any game, as long as your D isn't completely completely horrible -- which ours isn't.

But when you want to win a conference title and/or hit 10 wins -- you need a Solid D, no matter how good your O is. We have an unproven D, and there's nothing that indicates it should be grand. So the burden is on the D to show it's at the level where going 10+ W and At Least going 4-of-6 from Toledo/NIU/@CMU/@Illinois/@Northwestern/GA-Southern.

Graduation or the use of eligibility happens. Bummer, I know.

Phillips is back as is Tranquill or did I miss the memo? Brown who could tackle but apparently doesn't have hips or something technical is now in the box where he can? Tackle.

To date no one here has mentioned the loss of Austin Lewis. Cricketts.
Yup, so you have Spillane, #8 and Brown. #8 was under appreciated until people realized that he was a tackling machine. I'm sure the vaunted Frosh, RS or actual can sub in. Right?

DL? By committee. Nothing really has changed 'cept they are a year older and more mature. That doesn't equate to decline. Not the '85 Bears but not the '15 Broncos either.

Look, if your point is that the O is more advanced than the D, there is no news there. But they are a little more mature and a little more athletic than last year. The key for a "suspect D" is to keep them fresh. That means, field position, clock management and not leaving points on the field by the O. If the D is left out there to play 60% of the minutes it will be at least a 9-3 season.

Me expects a perfect regular season with some nail biters and cliff hangers but a W is a W.

Come on guys. Let's scale How Mountain, better than our previous best.

Who's with me?

No band wagoneers allowed. 04-deal
09-02-2016 10:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.