UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Champlin: Bill Clark confident 'Last Chance U' main subject D.J. Law can succeed
WesternBlazer Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Exclamation Champlin: Bill Clark confident 'Last Chance U' main subject D.J. Law can succeed
Bill Clark confident 'Last Chance U' main subject D.J. Law can succeed at UAB
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/...t_789.html

Clark, who was coaching at Prattville High School when MTV showed two seasons of Hoover High's "Two-A-Days," is not a fan of the documentary. Netflix announced that a second season of "Last Chance U" would be filmed, but it won't be following Law to UAB, Clark said.

"I think some of it is, I'm sure, obviously true and some of it is made for TV," Clark said. "They kind of push that stuff and egg it on. I don't like to see kids portrayed in a negative light, but it is what it is."

Well, that settles that...
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2016 09:18 AM by WesternBlazer.)
09-02-2016 09:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Champlin: Bill Clark confident 'Last Chance U' main subject D.J. Law can succeed
Just watched the first episode. Shows everything I dislike about college football.
09-04-2016 12:50 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

RE: Champlin: Bill Clark confident 'Last Chance U' main subject D.J. Law can succeed
I finished watching the whole series a few weeks ago. Here are a couple of my humble observations.

A ratings system where you have to run up the score to get highly ranked is flawed.

Running up the score against schools year after year has consequences - dire consequences.

If you thought Tuscaloosa was at the end of the world, you haven't been to Scooba, Mississippi.

I appreciated the series showing the sheer poverty and troubling backgrounds some of these young men come from. It breaks my heart at times.

Some of the high schools these young men came from failed them.

I text and use Facebook and Twitter like most everyone else, but I would never disrespect a councilor or professor by using social media on my cell phone while being talked to or filmed by Netflix.
09-04-2016 04:32 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
Just watched an episode and saw a guy I used to play with coaching on that team.
09-04-2016 10:53 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Law is very talented and will not be a welcome sight for our opponents.
09-05-2016 06:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
biglizard Online
All American

I Root For:
(09-05-2016 06:35 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Law is very talented and will not be a welcome sight for our opponents.

If we can hang on to Nisby and have DJ as well....oh my. We have some good guys already on campus too.
09-05-2016 09:24 AM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

(09-05-2016 06:35 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Law is very talented and will not be a welcome sight for our opponents.

+1
09-05-2016 12:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.