Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How Far We Have Come
Bookmark and Share
NIUAlum90 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
How Far We Have Come
Found this classic on YouTube. I was at this game, in the Band. ("50 by the half!" was a great chant).

For the young ones, look how close the fans are to the field. Huskie Stadium is unrecognizable.

In case anyone was wondering how good a QB the "Wishbone Wizard" was, this was not Marshall Taylor.

Jordan Lynch had the opportunity to break this record not only once, but twice in his career.

Behold....

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2016 03:33 PM by NIUAlum90.)
08-26-2016 03:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
RE: How Far We Have Come
(08-26-2016 03:32 PM)NIUAlum90 Wrote:  Found this classic on YouTube. I was at this game, in the Band. ("50 by the half!" was a great chant).

For the young ones, look how close the fans are to the field. Huskie Stadium is unrecognizable.

In case anyone was wondering how good a QB the "Wishbone Wizard" was, this was not Marshall Taylor.

Jordan Lynch had the opportunity to break this record not only once, but twice in his career.

Behold....

Love it!!

Fresno's D never knew what hit them. We were untouchable. Wish we could go back to the "bone" on some plays.

Love our uniforms, too. 04-rock
08-26-2016 03:50 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

And the fans are really into the game. Nobody's even looking at their phone.....?
08-26-2016 04:01 PM
NIUAlum90 Offline
All American

(08-26-2016 04:01 PM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  And the fans are really into the game. Nobody's even looking at their phone.....?

When they went back to their room they could look at it hanging on the wall. 04-bow
08-26-2016 04:27 PM
Advertisement

StevenNIU Offline
1st String

That was fun to watch.
08-26-2016 05:38 PM
DogPoundNorth Offline
Coach Carey Loves His Wife

This is great, obviously. But what I always find funny watching this video and others from its time is the fact they celebrate every single tackle. People always say these young kids need to act like they've been there before, but NIU was celebrating every good tackle they made. Hands in the air, high fives for every team member before the next play. awesome.
08-26-2016 05:43 PM
NILAW Offline

Great memory! That day and now - Fresno St. did not know whether to s$#t or wind their watch! LOL
08-26-2016 08:44 PM
Advertisement

Teamduh Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Northern Il
I was there and I remember my hand hurting from all the high fives after the fresno turnovers and NIU tds and fgs. Long fun day. Yes the crowd filled the stadium and was loud.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
08-26-2016 09:58 PM
The Frisky Biscuit Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Death
(08-26-2016 05:43 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  This is great, obviously. But what I always find funny watching this video and others from its time is the fact they celebrate every single tackle. People always say these young kids need to act like they've been there before, but NIU was celebrating every good tackle they made. Hands in the air, high fives for every team member before the next play. awesome.

I hate that attitude, "act like you've done it before." No way. Enjoy the hell out of it.
08-26-2016 11:06 PM
Spudskie Offline
Your intrepid message board lurker

I Root For: Well, me!
I was there at that game which seems like a million years ago. I miss the wishbone offense. That was fun!
08-26-2016 11:35 PM
Advertisement

Big Redd Offline
Special Teams

That was the first game I attended at NIU and played a part in my committing the following year.
08-26-2016 11:52 PM
NIUAlum90 Offline
All American

(08-26-2016 05:43 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  This is great, obviously. But what I always find funny watching this video and others from its time is the fact they celebrate every single tackle. People always say these young kids need to act like they've been there before, but NIU was celebrating every good tackle they made. Hands in the air, high fives for every team member before the next play. awesome.

They were beating the 24th ranked team at the time. That was huge in 1990.
08-27-2016 06:39 AM
mgm86huskiefn Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: niu
Was a great game to be at with great weather. Had 50 points by halftime
08-27-2016 09:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.