Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The top 25 facilities in college football, ranked
Bookmark and Share
Wolfe23 Offline
1st String

I Root For: HUSKIES
The top 25 facilities in college football, ranked
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2016 11:18 AM by Wolfe23.)
08-26-2016 11:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
RE: The top 25 facilities in college football, ranked
I'm a happy camper. My donations to the athletics facilities put my name on a wall tile and entrance to the Yordon Center and on the wall and a paver at the Chessick Center. If accepted by one of those 25 schools, my donation would have bought a box of urinal cakes (maybe). You go big time, you pay big time.
08-26-2016 11:29 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(08-26-2016 11:29 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  I'm a happy camper. My donations to the athletics facilities put my name on a wall tile and entrance to the Yordon Center and on the wall and a paver at the Chessick Center. If accepted by one of those 25 schools, my donation would have bought a box of urinal cakes (maybe). You go big time, you pay big time.

That's true, I couldn't afford to be a fan of some of those schools.
08-26-2016 12:43 PM
Dtownboys Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
Donations go further here. A significant donation will make a huge impact for our student athletes.
08-26-2016 12:59 PM
Advertisement

huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
(08-26-2016 11:29 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  I'm a happy camper. My donations to the athletics facilities put my name on a wall tile and entrance to the Yordon Center and on the wall and a paver at the Chessick Center. If accepted by one of those 25 schools, my donation would have bought a box of urinal cakes (maybe). You go big time, you pay big time.

the big 12 push (or even a AAC push) tells me we are trying to be in this type of position, however.
08-26-2016 01:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ken Barna Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
Dear Husky Fans,
In my opinion....just a colossal waste of money, especially the first five or six schools. Sure one wants nice facilities, but that's just crazy. Even Saban's office...why? I bet those facilities beat any in the pro ranks.
08-26-2016 02:08 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

(08-26-2016 02:08 PM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear Husky Fans,
In my opinion....just a colossal waste of money, especially the first five or six schools. Sure one wants nice facilities, but that's just crazy. Even Saban's office...why? I bet those facilities beat any in the pro ranks.

Huskie fans.
08-26-2016 02:10 PM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators

Good to hear from you, Ken.

On behalf of this board, I would like to bestow upon you the recognition (I can't say "honor") of being EMU's fan. Congratulations! You get to have this rare distinction, and you may even get a wallet card and T-shirt out of it. Plus, if you attend EMU's games, you will be counted as 1,000 fans.

(Just kidding, Ken. Most of us here wish nothing but the best for EMU.)
08-26-2016 02:15 PM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
Dear Dog Fan,
Thanks for the congrats. I didn't know I would be counted as 1,000 fans. I'll be sure to attend all of our home games to boost attendance.

Dear NIU007,
I wasn't sure how to spell Huskie for the Northern Illinois fans. Now I do. Thanks.
08-26-2016 03:12 PM
DogPoundNorth Offline
Coach Carey Loves His Wife

These are obviously very impressive, and I've personally seen TCU's and they are amazing. But when it comes to indoor practice facilities, I've seen Baylor's, Texas's, and TCU's and I'd put the Chessick up against any in the country. We are fortunate to have that facility, it's incredible.
08-26-2016 03:29 PM
Advertisement

Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies

I would not be surprised if they did. When you do not have to give your players million dollar paychecks, you can afford to upgrade your facilities.
08-26-2016 03:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GCD70 Offline
1st String

I Root For: niu
(08-26-2016 03:37 PM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  

I would not be surprised if they did. When you do not have to give your players million dollar paychecks, you can afford to upgrade your facilities.

I do think these schools have crossed the line. It no longer is what you need but what does the other goy have. I think our design is really nice although I think they may need more space in the Yorden and would like to get a players lounge
08-26-2016 03:56 PM
Cowboy95 Offline
1st String

(08-26-2016 03:12 PM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear Dog Fan,
Thanks for the congrats. I didn't know I would be counted as 1,000 fans. I'll be sure to attend all of our home games to boost attendance.

Dear NIU007,
I wasn't sure how to spell Huskie for the Northern Illinois fans. Now I do. Thanks.

No worries, personally I hope the Eagals have a nice season other than when they play the Huskies. 04-cheers
08-26-2016 05:40 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

(08-26-2016 03:12 PM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear Dog Fan,

Dear NIU007,

No biggie, just a quirk with our tradition.
08-27-2016 02:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.