Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hello Rockets
Bookmark and Share
bojo Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Arkansas State
Hello Rockets
Well, we meet again...I'm not sure I'm happy about it after the last two meetings.

But it's a new year, and no team is the same as the one from the year before. We're looking forward to welcoming you to Jonesboro this year, although I'm not sure the Friday date will allow as much travel.

Seems that you guys will have the offense coming back with transfers on defense, while we have the majority of the defense coming back with transfers on offense...

Safe travels and if you need any information, feel free to ask.
08-21-2016 06:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
RE: Hello Rockets
I need to know where to go out drinking after the game to mingle with ASU fans and hopefully celebrate a Rocket victory.
08-21-2016 06:45 PM
bojo Offline
Water Engineer

Well, best place to go out, I'd have to say is downtown. Main Street has 5-6 restaurant/bars that will be going deep into the night. J-Town's is across the street from the stadium, so that's your closest bet.

Other than that, we live in a "damp" county. Clubs have liquor licenses, but you won't find a just plain bar that will be going.
08-21-2016 06:49 PM
UT! Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Toledo
We'll find something to wet our whistle.... after a hard fought 37 31 victory.
08-21-2016 07:36 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Welcome bojo. Good luck to ASU in their last 11 regular season games.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2016 08:10 PM by H2Oville Rocket.)
08-21-2016 08:10 PM
bojo Offline
Water Engineer

Glad to be here. Remember meeting some fans down in Mobile two seasons ago, had a good time.
08-21-2016 08:32 PM
42 of Blue Crew Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Arkansas State has been a fun team to play the past couple of years and has some class act fans. It's unfortunate I will not be able to make the trip down to catch this years installment and hope we will meet again in the future. May the best team win!
08-21-2016 09:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bojo Offline
Water Engineer

Absolutely. Being the first night of a full high school slate may hurt our attendance a bit, so if you're heading down, don't be surprised if it looks a little bare early. Also, tailgating may be lean because of the weekday. Usually doesn't pick up for midweek games until 4.
08-22-2016 12:35 PM
UT! Offline
2nd String

(08-22-2016 12:35 PM)bojo Wrote:  Absolutely. Being the first night of a full high school slate may hurt our attendance a bit, so if you're heading down, don't be surprised if it looks a little bare early. Also, tailgating may be lean because of the weekday. Usually doesn't pick up for midweek games until 4.

Can we expect to grab 4 or so tickets in the parking lot? What is the stadiums capacity? How many fans will you expect?
08-22-2016 01:22 PM
bojo Offline
Water Engineer

Stadium Capacity is around 31K.

You will be able to more than likely get GA tickets at the ticket office at the stadium on the West Side (nearest the larger tailgating areas).

I will say that at Kick there will probably be 18-20, maybe a high water mark of 22K. ESPN and the Sun Belt wanting to move this game really screwed us over, we've had 27K+ for each of our last 3-4 home openers.
08-22-2016 02:05 PM
Advertisement

Carolina Rocket Offline
Token fat guy

(08-22-2016 02:05 PM)bojo Wrote:  ESPN and the Sun Belt wanting to move this game really screwed us over

Tell us about it. We've had some big time games with top 25 rankings involved and potential Access Bowl (BCS Buster) play-ins on the line that have netted 20k on a generous estimation, all due to the fact that Tuesday night in a stiff November wind or the rainy day after Thanksgiving at noon aren't really moving the needle for folks.

That 9:00 game against Colorado in 2008 was pretty special though... I remember making the drive back to my crash pad that night at the start of the 4th (it was a blowout) and, at 12:30 AM, watching the finish of that one on TV. Definitely worth the 1200 mile round trip that time (eyeroll). Thanks ESPN.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2016 09:04 PM by Carolina Rocket.)
08-22-2016 08:59 PM
Springboromark Offline
All American

(08-22-2016 02:05 PM)bojo Wrote:  Stadium Capacity is around 31K.

You will be able to more than likely get GA tickets at the ticket office at the stadium on the West Side (nearest the larger tailgating areas).

I will say that at Kick there will probably be 18-20, maybe a high water mark of 22K. ESPN and the Sun Belt wanting to move this game really screwed us over, we've had 27K+ for each of our last 3-4 home openers.

I to can't make the trip. although I have been to your state when I gone to the VA police academy in north Little Rock for class. I love HS football and the college game. I will take that over any pro game, with the exception of my favorite team to watch, Thee Dallas Cowboys.
08-22-2016 09:11 PM
Carolina Rocket Offline
Token fat guy

(08-22-2016 09:11 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  
(08-22-2016 02:05 PM)bojo Wrote:  Stadium Capacity is around 31K.

I to can't make the trip. although I have been to your state when I gone to the VA police academy in north Little Rock for class. I love HS football and the college game. I will take that over any pro game, with the exception of my favorite team to watch, Thee Dallas Cowboys.

Oh, you had me going for a minute. Then you said Cowboys, so I knew this was all a ruse. You might as well have said the Browns, hahah!
(Go Steelers)
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2016 09:15 PM by Carolina Rocket.)
08-22-2016 09:15 PM
bojo Offline
Water Engineer

Actually, quite a few Steelers fans down here as well, nice little rivalry with the abundant Cowgirl fans.

Weather looks like it's going to be mid to high 80s, dropping down in to the low 70s-high 60s. Humidity in the 60-80% range with the possibility of a stray shower (30% chance). We've had a really wet end of the Summer, getting over a week straight of rain and temperatures more common to the Pacific Northwest, with the humidity of the Mid-South.
08-23-2016 08:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.