WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lack of focus and discipline leads to squelching freedom of speech.
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Lack of focus and discipline leads to squelching freedom of speech.
I know the given answer to the question as to why Flush's thread was locked.

But really why?

Is that the best we can do? Sensor those we disagree with? I understand there are rules ...

Not in favor of the pap but it's spewed equally and that is obvious to anyone with 1/2 a brain.

You disagree with a comment or are even "offended" then respond and if "said moron" continues correct the record but then you ignore. Then ignore again.

Really weak sauce, IMO.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2016 01:41 PM by gobaseline.)
08-20-2016 01:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Moomba Offline
Banned

I Root For: Pers's new id's
RE: Lack of focus and discipline leads to squelching freedom of speech.
That's why I started a new public board, no censorship, and definitely none of this attacking, alias driven behavior. We get along just fine with one ID for each person.

Here if you don't agree, you get thread closings, warnings and even bannings.

I THINK there is an agenda behind it but I just can't put my finger on what that agenda would be? Hmmmm

#brownandgoldroom
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2016 02:58 PM by Moomba.)
08-20-2016 01:43 PM
ColinApocalypse Online

I Root For: WMU
The threads were both closed because they were directed at specific people with the intent to start a fight. The discussion had no real value. If you want to fight with someone, take it to PM. Every other thread gets hijacked anyway, so there's no point in creating even more threads to spew all this bull**** in.

I'm not on either side. I've allowed the banter to continue and I haven't banned anyone. You can feel oppressed all you want, but that does not make it a reality.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2016 04:38 PM by ColinApocalypse.)
08-20-2016 04:37 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(08-20-2016 04:37 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  The threads were both closed because they were directed at specific people with the intent to start a fight. The discussion had no real value. If you want to fight with someone, take it to PM. Every other thread gets hijacked anyway, so there's no point in creating even more threads to spew all this bull**** in.

I'm not on either side. I've allowed the banter to continue and I haven't banned anyone. You can feel oppressed all you want, but that does not make it a reality.

It takes at least 2 to have a fight. Otherwise it's a simple beating. So you are wrong there.

Who said it had no value? You?

Every other thread gets hijacked .... really? Shut the whole damn thing down if you're so insightful. But you're not. You're just spewing too.

Not taking sides? Who are you kidding besides yourself? You gave me a warning for using Brian Persky's name. Likely only after he brought it to your attention. Please spare us the angst. It doesn't cut.

And you allowed the banter? 04-bow Please. Don't let this mod thing go to your head. I don't think it's all that big of deal or at least as I read "Law" he seems to down play the "powa". And to his credit it plays well. You? Much to serious.

How's that for determining value? "Law" good. You not so.

Oppressed? It's a freaking Fan board constituted of about 20 people including aliases. Outside of a handful of that 20 it's pure entertainment for others. Do you think Arrow comes here to read our pap? Simple entertainment.

I understand your point about it getting out hand. Seriously.

But if someone is annoying like I am likely to you now wouldn't it be wiser and more effective to simply ignore? Cut me off and ban me and I'll be your worst nightmare. Or so I believe what is going through DB's mind and THAT is reality having just played out. No?
08-20-2016 05:08 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

Now I can totally understand why the thread would be locked (in fact I am surprised it hasn't been deleted)... it really didn't serve a true purpose here other than to continue to point out the fact that there are a few here who really spend more time trying to ruin honest threads by pontificating on about how there are multi-ID users out there ganging up with some sort of Pro-Fleck initiative... just plain lunacy.

I have been here actively since this boards inception... and it just shows these guys cards when they start blaming some long timers as being multi-ID trolls... They are literally giving it away that they are here for ONE reason only... and thats to thump chests that they have some "better" board and that anyone who doesn't goose step with their silent majority of Fleck haters is a "Fleck-tard"...

Now you can use the "ignore" option... but when an otherwise decent and honest thread starts to get hijacked and spun out of control, you still have to wade through all of the posters you haven't blocked who get pulled into the "post reply" toilet bowl... Not a real relevant option... I actually think the only real option is to basically refrain from replying to the barrage of negative, zero purpose responses... and continue to make efforts to keep the threads on point..
08-20-2016 05:24 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I've read about this "ignore option" but wouldn't know where to find it so I simply ignore reading certain posts or posters.

Wouldn't that simplify things instead of this technical entanglement you refer to?
08-20-2016 05:31 PM
Advertisement

flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-20-2016 05:31 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  I've read about this "ignore option" but wouldn't know where to find it so I simply ignore reading certain posts or posters.

Wouldn't that simplify things instead of this technical entanglement you refer to?

Click on a user... The "add to ignore list" option is there.
08-20-2016 05:33 PM
Moomba Offline
Banned

Looking like the mod is part of the "persrod crowd". Gave me a warning, I'll bet you dollars for donuts none of those aliases received one. Not that I care. I have tons of options.

BTW, the real flush wouldn't have started a thread like that, let alone three just to cause fights, dead giveaway persrod.

#brownandgoldroom
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2016 05:45 PM by Moomba.)
08-20-2016 05:44 PM
Moomba Offline
Banned

(08-20-2016 05:24 PM)flushtheherd Wrote:  Now I can totally understand why the thread would be locked (in fact I am surprised it hasn't been deleted)... it really didn't serve a true purpose here other than to continue to point out the fact that there are a few here who really spend more time trying to ruin honest threads by pontificating on about how there are multi-ID users out there ganging up with some sort of Pro-Fleck initiative... just plain lunacy.

I have been here actively since this boards inception... and it just shows these guys cards when they start blaming some long timers as being multi-ID trolls... They are literally giving it away that they are here for ONE reason only... and thats to thump chests that they have some "better" board and that anyone who doesn't goose step with their silent majority of Fleck haters is a "Fleck-tard"...

Now you can use the "ignore" option... but when an otherwise decent and honest thread starts to get hijacked and spun out of control, you still have to wade through all of the posters you haven't blocked who get pulled into the "post reply" toilet bowl... Not a real relevant option... I actually think the only real option is to basically refrain from replying to the barrage of negative, zero purpose responses... and continue to make efforts to keep the threads on point..

YOU turn more threads into a dumpster fire than anyone here, then cry foul persrod.
08-20-2016 05:46 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(08-20-2016 05:33 PM)flushtheherd Wrote:  
(08-20-2016 05:31 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  I've read about this "ignore option" but wouldn't know where to find it so I simply ignore reading certain posts or posters.

Click on a user... The "add to ignore list" option is there.

Don't see it but maybe my browser is old and slow like myself?

But thanks.
08-20-2016 05:46 PM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

(08-20-2016 05:08 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  It's a freaking Fan board constituted of about 20 people including aliases.

You are being far too generous with that number.
08-20-2016 06:08 PM
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Online

GBL, the difference is that you actually contribute to conversations here. Which I appreciate. We may not agree on some things, and that's okay. In fact having differing opinions is a good thing. You don't have to like the way I do things, but I was appointed to keep the peace after the Fire Fleck debacle. I'm going to use my best judgement to do that. The manager of these forums doesn't want to be involved in any more lawsuits. Because that's what happens when the moderation becomes too lax, or so he believes. It all really does stem from that crap.

For the "anti-Fleck" crowd, provide me concrete evidence of this mutli-ID theory and I'll ban every single one of them.

To everyone: the ignore button is your friend.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2016 06:15 PM by ColinApocalypse.)
08-20-2016 06:14 PM
Moomba Offline
Banned

You should have the tools to tell if someone is going with aliases or not, even if they're using proxies to cloak their IP's.

Either you don't or the people running this operation don't care.

The fact you just said "anti-Fleck crowd" is very telling. I'm guessing it's the latter.

#brownandgoldroom.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2016 06:30 PM by Moomba.)
08-20-2016 06:29 PM
Moomba Offline
Banned

(08-20-2016 06:08 PM)Nacho Wrote:  
(08-20-2016 05:08 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  It's a freaking Fan board constituted of about 20 people including aliases.

You are being far too generous with that number.

Without question.

#brownandgoldroom
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2016 06:31 PM by Moomba.)
08-20-2016 06:30 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I've tried putting some posters on ignore in the past, but always end up reading their posts anyway. Wait, I'm probably on ignore.
08-20-2016 06:31 PM
ColinApocalypse Online

The higher-ups may have the ability to track users that are using proxies, but I do not. My capabilities are more limited to simple IP searches.

I use the term "anti-Fleck" because there are some very clear battle lines being drawn, and I use your self-anointed terms in the interest of brevity.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2016 06:35 PM by ColinApocalypse.)
08-20-2016 06:34 PM
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
The first amendment protects against laws which stifle free speech. The Constitution does not prohibit private web forums from banning posters, or closing threads. If any of us don't like it we can take our business elsewhere.
08-20-2016 08:16 PM
Moomba Offline
Banned

(08-20-2016 08:16 PM)brovol Wrote:  The first amendment protects against laws which stifle free speech. The Constitution does not prohibit private web forums from banning posters, or closing threads. If any of us don't like it we can take our business elsewhere.

Works both ways. Quit your incessant whining about me.

Edit: #brownandgoldroom
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2016 08:32 PM by Moomba.)
08-20-2016 08:30 PM
Moomba Offline
Banned

(08-20-2016 06:34 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  The higher-ups may have the ability to track users that are using proxies, but I do not. My capabilities are more limited to simple IP searches.

I use the term "anti-Fleck" because there are some very clear battle lines being drawn, and I use your self-anointed terms in the interest of brevity.

Then they don't care or are turning a blind eye in the name of an agenda. Explains a lot, that and a stay puff marshmallow looking trust fund baby intimating he used hi$ influence that way.

Sad thing is controlling the narrative will eventually backfire. If horndog sleeze coach doesn't deliver the backlash will be twice as severe. Most people give a rip, not now.
08-20-2016 08:45 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
(08-20-2016 08:30 PM)Moomba Wrote:  
(08-20-2016 08:16 PM)brovol Wrote:  The first amendment protects against laws which stifle free speech. The Constitution does not prohibit private web forums from banning posters, or closing threads. If any of us don't like it we can take our business elsewhere.

Works both ways. Quit your incessant whining about me.

Edit: #brownandgoldroom
Nope. It only works one way.
08-20-2016 09:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.