Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

That AState publicity stunt
Bookmark and Share
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
From today's Jonesboro Sun.

Mohajir declined to elaborate on Arkansas State's interest in joining the league on Wednesday, but said the school continues to pursue opportunities that will better position itself for the future.
"All I can tell you is that it's nice to be in the national conversation," Mohajir sad. "I don't ever talk about conference expansion. I don't talk about it. We're happy to be in the Sun Belt. We're going to try and be the best we can possibly be."

Paper goes on to describe him as evasive when he refused to add other comments. Said FOI request turned up empty. Quote from Terry basically mocking them for trying to catch anything like that in a form that FOI would reveal.

blah blah blah

"When you look at the list of people named, I think Arkansas State stacks up pretty well athletically. From competition-wise, growth-wise, I think we stack up pretty good," he said. "We should be flattered as a fan base, as an administration and athletic department. It's a great tribute to our students and our coaches that we're mentioned in the national conversation."

Playing it just as I expected. Setting no expectation of an invite to any other league, using it as a measuring stick.
08-19-2016 08:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WolfBird Offline
All American

I Root For:
Yep. He nailed it as I expected he would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#WolvesUp
08-19-2016 08:21 AM
prisonmike Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Ga Southern
RE: That AState publicity stunt
How do you pronounce stAte's AD's last name?
08-19-2016 08:33 AM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
Muh HA zhur
08-19-2016 08:44 AM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(08-19-2016 08:33 AM)prisonmike Wrote:  How do you pronounce stAte's AD's last name?

I usually go with TMo 03-shhhh
08-19-2016 08:46 AM
SBEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
I love this guy. Can he be our commissioner?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
08-19-2016 10:28 AM
TrueBlueAlum Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
Mohajir: secretly sneaks resume in the stack for job he's not qualified for

AAC: "Let's see... what is this? A-State? Huh... guess we should list them with the other candidates."

Media:" Looks like A-State is getting some attention as well with some big names!"

Mohajir: "I'm not sure how it happened! But it's awfully nice to be in the conversation."

touche sir, touche.
08-19-2016 11:03 AM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(08-19-2016 11:03 AM)TrueBlueAlum Wrote:  Mohajir: secretly sneaks resume in the stack for job he's not qualified for

AAC: "Let's see... what is this? A-State? Huh... guess we should list them with the other candidates."

Media:" Looks like A-State is getting some attention as well with some big names!"

Mohajir: "I'm not sure how it happened! But it's awfully nice to be in the conversation."

touche sir, touche.

I admit, the benefits of having an alum for AD can be pretty tangible. We've held off interest in some Big name schools for him primarily because of his ties here.
08-19-2016 11:22 AM
rokamortis Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal
I half wonder if many of the schools on the long list, including A-State, isn't as much schools that the B-12 is interested in but schools the B-12 are reviewing as possible new members of the AAC. Since the AAC reportedly has a significant buyout 27 months notice and $10 million - anything less than 27 months notice will need to be negotiated. So perhaps the B12 is helping the AAC find new members during this process to ease the burden later. Also, perhaps the B12 is willing to work out a scheduling agreement with the AAC and new members. It could also be a way for ESPN to help evaluate schools so they won't reduce / renegotiate the AAC contract as well.

It seems complicated and far fetched, but I could see where a little cooperation now will save a lot of money for future B12 schools as well as keep the AAC in decent shape instead of having to fend for itself.
08-19-2016 11:35 AM
RamblinRedWolf44 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas StAte
The Jonesboro sun makes me sick
08-19-2016 11:50 AM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(08-19-2016 11:50 AM)RamblinRedWolf44 Wrote:  The Jonesboro sun makes me sick

What was worse, them ridiculing Mohajir for not making realignment stuff available via FOI, or accusing message board sports fans of not truly caring about their university?

I mean, the Sun's on a roll right now.
08-19-2016 12:01 PM
LatahCounty Offline
1st String

I Root For: Idaho
We pursued a similar strategy, only it was with the Big Sky. Well played, Rob Spear. Well played. We may soon quietly float our names for acceptance into the prestigious Great Northwest Athletic Conference.

Seriously, can Mohajir come to Idaho and give our guys a week-long tutorial on college athletics or something?
08-19-2016 12:01 PM
Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(08-19-2016 11:22 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(08-19-2016 11:03 AM)TrueBlueAlum Wrote:  Mohajir: secretly sneaks resume in the stack for job he's not qualified for

touche sir, touche.

I admit, the benefits of having an alum for AD can be pretty tangible. We've held off interest in some Big name schools for him primarily because of his ties here.

He has a personal interest at stake. Some Oklahoma or Alabama grad wouldn't have that. They would be only looking at their next move.
08-19-2016 12:04 PM
MissouriStateBears Offline
All American

I Root For: Missouri State
I wish we had him in Springfield. I think he could do really big things here.
08-19-2016 01:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.