Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Based on the email from Bowlsby to Houston, timing looks very coordinated
BE4evah Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big East
Based on the email from Bowlsby to Houston, timing looks very coordinated
As has been revealed, Bowlsby replied to the President of Houston by email on July 26. [Image: CqKMLalUEAA5tJV.jpg]

https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Just five days earlier, the Texas president tweeted out that Texas supported Houston.
Texas supports Houston's bid

It certainly looks like Houston is getting favorable treatment from the Big 12. The Big 12 put them on a faster track than any of the other schools to date. Bowlsby's email was in reply to Houston's correspondence.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2016 01:19 PM by BE4evah.)
08-18-2016 01:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Mestophalies Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
RE: Based on the email from Bowlsby to Houston, timing looks very coordinated
(08-18-2016 01:17 PM)BE4evah Wrote:  As has been revealed, Bowlsby replied to the President of Houston by email on July 26. [Image: CqKMLalUEAA5tJV.jpg]

Just five days earlier, the Texas president tweeted out that Texas supported Houston.

It certainly looks like Houston is getting favorable treatment from the Big 12. The Big 12 put them on a faster track than any of the other schools to date. Bowlsby's email was in reply to Houston's correspondence.

You assume much young padawan. 01-wingedeagle
08-18-2016 01:29 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(08-18-2016 01:29 PM)Mestophalies Wrote:  
(08-18-2016 01:17 PM)BE4evah Wrote:  As has been revealed, Bowlsby replied to the President of Houston by email on July 26. [Image: CqKMLalUEAA5tJV.jpg]

You assume much young padawan. 01-wingedeagle

SOP for him.
08-18-2016 01:35 PM
madizoned-level2004 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU and Rutgers
Um, I'd bet my hat that every one of the 20 or so schools being considered got the same email. Houston may or may not be a favorite, but this email sheds no light on that.
08-18-2016 02:10 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I believe USF also received the same email and that is why they officially responded to Bolwsby on the 29th to "provide a very brief communication indicating your interest in being considered". That is why USF sent the letter on the 29th.

Houston is probably a favorite, but this letter does not indicate that.
08-18-2016 02:29 PM
MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
[Image: 5ab56dbb54b67be94cc0768dc984f87b.jpg]
08-18-2016 02:33 PM
Advertisement

BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

Joey Knight of the Tampa Bay Times in reference to this email.

Joey Knight ‏@TBTimes_Bulls · 2h2 hours ago

Joey Knight Retweeted Jake Trotter

Jibes with time #USF sent its 2-page letter to Bowlsby (July 29).
08-18-2016 02:52 PM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
(08-18-2016 02:29 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  I believe USF also received the same email and that is why they officially responded to Bolwsby on the 29th to "provide a very brief communication indicating your interest in being considered". That is why USF sent the letter on the 29th.

I dunno.

Here's the USF letter of July 29.

The letter:

1. Is not brief,
2. Has a bunch of supporting information, and
3. Does not provide the name and contact info of the school's general counsel.

If USF was responding to the same e-mail Khator received, they did it wrong.

Rather, it looks like USF was soliciting an audience from the Big 12, while the Big 12 was inviting Houston to its process.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2016 02:56 PM by CougarRed.)
08-18-2016 02:55 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-18-2016 02:55 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  
(08-18-2016 02:29 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  I believe USF also received the same email and that is why they officially responded to Bolwsby on the 29th to "provide a very brief communication indicating your interest in being considered". That is why USF sent the letter on the 29th.

I dunno.

Here's the USF letter of July 29.

The letter:

1. Is not brief,
2. Has a bunch of supporting information, and
3. Does not provide the name and contact info of the school's general counsel.

If USF was responding to the same e-mail Khator received, they did it wrong.

Rather, it looks like USF was soliciting an audience from the Big 12, while the Big 12 was inviting Houston to its process.

Disagree. First, the USF prez states that "we appreciate the opportunity to express out interest...", indicating that there had been previous communications, not an unsolicited letter. Second, a 2 page letter concerning this topic is brief. It also did not provide much supporting information. Did you really expect anyone to say "Dear Commissioner Bowlsby: This is to notify you of our interest in the Big 12. Please contact us at your convenience if you would like to discuss this further" The end. No, the letter was fairly brief. Over 90% of the supporting information was followed up in the 24 page presentation later sent by USF...most of which were not in the letter. You got me on the general counsel though. Maybe that was sent in another email or phone call or maybe it was sent as an attachment...who knows. But we do know everyone being considered would have to submit this, so I am sure USF did at some point.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2016 03:05 PM by BullsFanInTX.)
08-18-2016 03:04 PM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

Here's what Boren said on July 19 at the press conference with Bowlsby:

"The Board directed the commissioner to contact those schools, recontact those schools who have expressed interest to us, who have come to us, and to find out exactly the nature of the interest, evaluate what proposals they might make in accordance with their interests, and then he'll be reporting back to us."

Bowlsby's comments to Khator one week later that "we have finalized our procedures," asking to confirm interest, and setting up the process for information gathering lines up perfectly with what Boren described.
08-18-2016 03:15 PM
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

(08-18-2016 03:15 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  Here's what Boren said on July 19 at the press conference with Bowlsby:

"The Board directed the commissioner to contact those schools, recontact those schools who have expressed interest to us, who have come to us, and to find out exactly the nature of the interest, evaluate what proposals they might make in accordance with their interests, and then he'll be reporting back to us."

Bowlsby's comments to Khator one week later that "we have finalized our procedures," asking to confirm interest, and setting up the process for information gathering lines up perfectly with what Boren described.

Yeah, USF doesn't have to give access to build a branch of UT in our back yard either. There may be just a little difference there. 05-stirthepot

The Houston Email was received on the 26th and the USF response to their Email was on the 29th. Wow that's a staggering difference in time. 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2016 03:20 PM by Mestophalies.)
08-18-2016 03:18 PM
Advertisement

MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
(08-18-2016 03:18 PM)Mestophalies Wrote:  
(08-18-2016 03:15 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  Here's what Boren said on July 19 at the press conference with Bowlsby:

Yeah, USF doesn't have to give access to build a branch of UT in our back yard either. There may be just a little difference there. 05-stirthepot

The Houston Email was received on the 26th and the USF response to their Email was on the 29th. Wow that's a staggering difference in time. 03-lmfao

What? Like you'd be at the front of the line otherwise?
08-18-2016 03:21 PM
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

(08-18-2016 03:21 PM)MickMack Wrote:  
(08-18-2016 03:18 PM)Mestophalies Wrote:  

What? Like you'd be at the front of the line otherwise?

Oh, so my post was inaccurate? Just sit back and watch as time passes. I think this entire process is a huge ruse. I'm thinking that the Big 12 isn't going to expand at all. 07-coffee3
08-18-2016 03:24 PM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-18-2016 03:24 PM)Mestophalies Wrote:  Oh, so my post was inaccurate? Just sit back and watch as time passes. I think this entire process is a huge ruse. I'm thinking that the Big 12 isn't going to expand at all. 07-coffee3

Mephistopheles is not your name.

But I know what you're up to just the same.
08-18-2016 03:31 PM
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

(08-18-2016 03:31 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  
(08-18-2016 03:24 PM)Mestophalies Wrote:  Oh, so my post was inaccurate? Just sit back and watch as time passes. I think this entire process is a huge ruse. I'm thinking that the Big 12 isn't going to expand at all. 07-coffee3

Excuse me. Who am I and what am I up too? What I can't post on a message board?

I used to be on the Expansion Hype Train. I've since grown tired of it. The Big XII isn't going to expand. I will believe that they are expanding once teams have been chosen and are actually playing a game in conference. Until then, count me as a disbeliever. 04-rock
08-18-2016 03:38 PM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

Relax. Just a silly Police lyric.

08-18-2016 03:46 PM
Advertisement

Middle Ages Offline
1st String

I Root For: .

04-clap204-clap2 Well done.
08-18-2016 03:46 PM
FIUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: FIU
(08-18-2016 03:46 PM)Middle Ages Wrote:  
04-clap204-clap2 Well done.

Surprised he didn't get the reference given his choice of the name.
08-18-2016 05:12 PM
KUGR Offline
Banned

I Root For: BYU
(08-18-2016 02:55 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  Rather, it looks like USF was soliciting an audience from the Big 12, while the Big 12 was inviting Houston to its process.

There was no invite "to the process". Bowlsby wrote "pursuant to your email last week". Houston invited themselves to the process that the B12 made a public spectacle about and encouraged everyone and their dog apply.

This email means NOTHING one way or the other. Anyone reading into that is grasping for straws.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2016 07:02 PM by KUGR.)
08-18-2016 07:02 PM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
Geeze Louise, everyone got the same instructions. ECU submitted its letter in much the same way.
08-18-2016 07:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.