Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Changes and improvements to OwlVision
georgewebb Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice!
The Parliament AwardsDonators
Changes and improvements to OwlVision
Quote:----- Forwarded message from Rice Athletics <riceathletics@rice.edu> -----
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 18:24:54 -0500
Subject: IMPORTANT UPDATES to Owl Vision
To: riceathletics@rice.edu

Hi Rice Owls Fans!

Greetings from South Main and we hope you are as excited for the 2016/17 season as we are. You are receiving this email because you have been a
subscriber to our Owl Vision video streaming service during the past year.

We are writing to inform you of some important updates to Owl Vision[1]. Based on feedback from subscribers like you, we have worked with Conference
USA to make the following changes:

* PLATFORM: Owl Vision will now be powered by Sidearm Sports and be part of the CUSA.TV offering. With this change, you can still access the site in the same way, by going to RiceOwls.com[2] -> FanZone -> Owl Vision, or you can simply type CUSA.TV/RICE in your browser.

* SUBSCRIPTION OFFERINGS: In addition to the annual and monthly subscription offerings, we have added a new 24-hour subscription offering.

* AWAY GAME VIEWING: Your subscription to Owl Vision will now include the ability to view the Owls in _conference_ away games (/when the school
offers streaming of the respective sport)/. Other CUSA.TV content will also be accessible to you.

With these changes, past log-ins have been deleted and recurring subscriptions have been cancelled.
Therefore, YOU MUST CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT AND RE-SIGN UP FOR YOUR YEARLY OR MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTIONS SHOULD YOU WISH.
You can do that by clicking here [1] http://conferenceusa.com/watch/default.a...&path=rice and clicking SIGN UP.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to respond to this email.

Thank you, and Go Owls!

Rice Athletics
riceathletics@rice.edu

/To unsubscribe from future e-mails from Rice Athletics about Owl Vision, please reply UNSUBSCRIBE/

Links:
------
[1] http://conferenceusa.com/watch/default.a...&path=rice
[2] riceowls.com
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2016 06:53 PM by georgewebb.)
08-15-2016 06:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Almadenmike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

DonatorsNew Orleans BowlDonators
RE: Changes and improvements to OwlVision
Here's the subscription info from: http://conferenceusa.com/watch/purchase.aspx?Live=99

24 HOUR PASS ($6.95 - one-time fee)
Access all Conference USA live video content and archived materials for all schools for one day. Good only for 24 hours after purchase. Does not automatically renew.

MONTHLY RECURRING SUBSCRIPTION ($10.95/month - recurring fee)
Access all Conference USA live video content and archived materials for all schools for one month. Automatically renews from month to month, but can be canceled at any time. You will be charged once every month

YEARLY PASS ($99.95/year - recurring fee)
Access all Conference USA live video content and archived materials for all schools for one year. Automatically renews from year to year, but can be canceled at any time. You will be charged once every year
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2016 08:42 PM by Almadenmike.)
08-15-2016 08:42 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

New Orleans Bowl
One of the problems I had is streaming to my phone (Android) and getting the video to display in full screen format. You can kind of zoom to expand, but better not touch the screen if you do. Has anyone else had similar issues? Am I just doing it wrong?

edit: it looks like the new website allows you to maximize to the size of the screen, which is important because I stream the phone to my TV.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2016 11:57 AM by I45owl.)
08-16-2016 11:27 AM
temchugh Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rice
I like these changes. If I can get most of the road conference games, I'll definitely get the annual subscription.
08-16-2016 11:55 AM
Advertisement

Ricefootballnet Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Institute

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
Anyone know whether the videos of games will be archived?
08-16-2016 12:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MerseyOwl Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Blue & Gray
For some reason I recall Sidearm Sports as having a 'different' format for reporting live baseball stats. Not necessarily better from the current offering.
08-16-2016 12:19 PM
Pimpa Offline
Special Teams

Will we be able to access this in any way through Roku or Apple TV?
08-16-2016 03:01 PM
Tiki Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesNew Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
The only drawback (from an otherwise good step forward) is that not every CUSA school streams and if it is one of the ESPN3 games you will only get it via the Watch ESPN App or ESPN3.com
08-16-2016 03:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.