Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Great story on Coach Ruff
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Just a really good dude..

Ratcliffe: Buying his dying friend's boat helped McNeill navigate through tough waters

[Image: 571bf0676357b.image.jpg]

Ruffin McNeill never imagined himself a river rat.

Growing up in rural Lumberton, North Carolina, and later coaching football at such land-locked college destinations as Lubbock, Texas, Boone, North Carolina, Las Vegas, Clarksville, Tennessee, and Fresno, California, the thought of life on the water never crossed his landlubbing mind.

One of his best friends changed all that.

Read here:

http://www.dailyprogress.com/cavalierins...m_campaign
08-14-2016 11:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
RE: OT: Great story on Coach Ruff
(08-14-2016 11:29 AM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  Just a really good dude..

Ratcliffe: Buying his dying friend's boat helped McNeill navigate through tough waters

[Image: 571bf0676357b.image.jpg]

Ruffin McNeill never imagined himself a river rat.

Growing up in rural Lumberton, North Carolina, and later coaching football at such land-locked college destinations as Lubbock, Texas, Boone, North Carolina, Las Vegas, Clarksville, Tennessee, and Fresno, California, the thought of life on the water never crossed his landlubbing mind.

One of his best friends changed all that.

Read here:

http://www.dailyprogress.com/cavalierins...m_campaign
Mcneill is one of the good guys. Hated he got fired
08-14-2016 11:50 AM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

I Root For: ECU
Why are we posting shite that is at least several months old for a coach not even in the AAC now? You're just trying to stir up shite within the ECU fanbase that we've tried to patch up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2016 12:18 PM by PurpleReigns.)
08-14-2016 12:16 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
It's a new article.
08-14-2016 12:26 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(08-14-2016 12:26 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  It's a new article.

Nope I've read "Ruffin McNeill never imagined himself a river rat." several months back.

08-14-2016 12:41 PM
Advertisement

DownEastPirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
As more tidbits come out about how the previous staff was behind closed doors. How certain players and different situations were handled, even cussing out Pirate fans in an incident after a game while walking off the field I'm not sure everything was as lovey dovey as it seemed from the outside. Tired of hearing about him, don't care how he does with UVA, don't care about all these feel good stories. I don't wish ill will on him, and appreciative of his accomplishments here but tired of hearing his name.
08-14-2016 12:47 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(08-14-2016 12:41 PM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  
(08-14-2016 12:26 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  It's a new article.

Nope I've read "Ruffin McNeill never imagined himself a river rat." several months back.

Bruce Feldman just tweeted about it.

Bruce Feldman Verified account 
‏@BruceFeldmanCFB
Sweet story about one of the best people in all of football #UVA's Ruffin McNeill by @JerryRatcliffe: http://www.dailyprogress.com/cavalierins...m_campaign
08-14-2016 12:49 PM
isidnirb Offline
1st String

Always two sides to every story. Ruff lost the locker room BAD last year. Team was in disarray internally.
08-14-2016 12:56 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(08-14-2016 12:47 PM)DownEastPirate Wrote:  As more tidbits come out about how the previous staff was behind closed doors. How certain players and different situations were handled, even cussing out Pirate fans in an incident after a game while walking off the field I'm not sure everything was as lovey dovey as it seemed from the outside. Tired of hearing about him, don't care how he does with UVA, don't care about all these feel good stories. I don't wish ill will on him, and appreciative of his accomplishments here but tired of hearing his name.

Care to share or link to this tidbits?

08-14-2016 07:04 PM
Advertisement

DowdyPirate Online
Heisman

He was talking about his damn boat before last football season
08-14-2016 07:36 PM
DownEastPirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
(08-14-2016 07:04 PM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  
(08-14-2016 12:47 PM)DownEastPirate Wrote:  As more tidbits come out about how the previous staff was behind closed doors. How certain players and different situations were handled, even cussing out Pirate fans in an incident after a game while walking off the field I'm not sure everything was as lovey dovey as it seemed from the outside. Tired of hearing about him, don't care how he does with UVA, don't care about all these feel good stories. I don't wish ill will on him, and appreciative of his accomplishments here but tired of hearing his name.

Not really, I'm over the whole deal. But they are out there if you care to look. Not really worth me saying because then the Ruff crusaders would come back out and I've had enough of it. Time to move on.
08-14-2016 07:42 PM
Mikeyp Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ECU, AAC

All true. Not a big fan of his anymore. Seems quite a few people on the staff have questions on how he ran his program.
08-14-2016 07:59 PM
Mikeyp Offline
2nd String

(08-14-2016 07:04 PM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  

Just listen to some of the staff interviews after he got fired on pirate radio. Not hard to find if you have the time.
08-14-2016 08:03 PM
Advertisement

PiratePanther189 Offline
Special Teams

He also does petty stuff on social media constantly like he's Selena Gomez or something.

Ruff is a good, kind hearted man. But his biggest character flaw is this: he's giant baby. And we saw every bit of that.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2016 06:35 AM by PiratePanther189.)
08-16-2016 06:35 AM
SublimeKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
(08-16-2016 06:35 AM)PiratePanther189 Wrote:  He also does petty stuff on social media constantly like he's Selena Gomez or something.

Ruff is a good, kind hearted man. But his biggest character flaw is this: he's giant baby. And we saw every bit of that.

He should have set his sights higher after ECU, probably could have done well in the Presidential race with that quality. Would have fit right in.
08-16-2016 08:39 AM
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
Yep, 2 sides to every story. Media loved him though so thats the perception that will dominate.

Sent from my VS980 4G using CSNbbs mobile app
08-16-2016 09:38 AM
SublimeKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
Well played coach...
Ruff to ECU fans:
[Image: 57a64d4392b862158557aa1de250391773667878...c7dcaf.jpg]
08-16-2016 09:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.