Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Jump the Shark Moment for B12 Expansion: C. Austin Cox & Nascar guy
Bookmark and Share
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Sanity
So the most pro-Memphis media guy re-tweets the most pro-Pastner Memphis fan, but mistakes him for a Houston fan. We'll miss you when you're gone, Big 12 Expansion.

C. Austin Cox
‏@C_Austin_Cox C. Austin Cox Retweeted Rick Johnson
UH fans seem to think TX politics rule Big 12 membership. Still wonder why Big 12 members won't add a 5th TX team?C. Austin Cox added,
Rick Johnson @ncrdbl1
@C_Austin_Cox UC and UH are top two in deal.Texas politics will hold up all expansion if UH not invited.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2016 12:11 PM by Tigx.)
08-13-2016 10:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Jump the Shark Moment for B12 Expansion: C. Austin Cox & Nascar guy
(08-13-2016 10:01 AM)Tigx Wrote:  So the most pro-Memphis media guy re-tweets the most pro-Pastner Memphis fan, but mistakes him for a Houston fan. We'll miss you when you're gone, Big 12 Expansion.

C. Austin Cox
UH fans seem to think TX politics rule Big 12 membership. Still wonder why Big 12 members won't add a 5th TX team?C. Austin Cox added,
Rick Johnson @ncrdbl1
@C_Austin_Cox UC and UH are top two in deal.Texas politics will hold up all expansion if UH not invited.

If you are going to make smart ass remarks at least get your facts straight. In NASCAR circles i have been among the most vocal of the way the series is headed. One of millions but one of the most vocals.

Texas school hold a voting block which can keep any school from getting enough votes for admission.

The Governor wants Houston added. UT-A and UH have a deal in place. UT-A wants to add a Houston campus for medical school. Houston has blocked the access. The deal is if Houston is added to the Big XII then Houston will drop opposition to T having a c medical campus in Houston.

Private school or not TCU and Baylor depend on the State for their existence. If they lose their friends in Austin they will find it a lot harder to get things done as they have in the past.

C.Austin Cox is a notorious troll. Two years ago at this time he was stating that the Big XII will expand by adding UCF, USF, ECU & UCONN Dude attended the U of Cincinnati but constantly trolling his former school and his favorite college team is Army.
08-13-2016 06:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
(08-13-2016 06:48 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  
(08-13-2016 10:01 AM)Tigx Wrote:  So the most pro-Memphis media guy re-tweets the most pro-Pastner Memphis fan, but mistakes him for a Houston fan. We'll miss you when you're gone, Big 12 Expansion.

C. Austin Cox
Rick Johnson @ncrdbl1

If you are going to make smart ass remarks at least get your facts straight. In NASCAR circles i have been among the most vocal of the way the series is headed. One of millions but one of the most vocals.

Texas school hold a voting block which can keep any school from getting enough votes for admission.

The Governor wants Houston added. UT-A and UH have a deal in place. UT-A wants to add a Houston campus for medical school. Houston has blocked the access. The deal is if Houston is added to the Big XII then Houston will drop opposition to T having a c medical campus in Houston.

Private school or not TCU and Baylor depend on the State for their existence. If they lose their friends in Austin they will find it a lot harder to get things done as they have in the past.

C.Austin Cox is a notorious troll. Two years ago at this time he was stating that the Big XII will expand by adding UCF, USF, ECU & UCONN Dude attended the U of Cincinnati but constantly trolling his former school and his favorite college team is Army.

[Image: 200_s.gif]
08-13-2016 06:57 PM
MTigerBlue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
Maybe Incrediboy IS a Houston fan. That would explain his wanting us to keep Pastner around. Cox could be cementing his insidership with this tweet. Just sayin'
08-13-2016 07:22 PM
Bathtub Gin Offline
All American

I Root For: Free Market
I'm confused. Is Austin cox saying UC and UH are top 2 in the deal or did Rick say that? I hate Twitter
08-13-2016 07:38 PM
Penny Lane Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tigers &Tigers
(08-13-2016 07:38 PM)Bathtub Gin Wrote:  I'm confused. Is Austin cox saying UC and UH are top 2 in the deal or did Rick say that? I hate Twitter

damn thing reads backwards too.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2016 08:00 PM by Penny Lane.)
08-13-2016 08:00 PM
Advertisement

tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(08-13-2016 07:38 PM)Bathtub Gin Wrote:  I'm confused. Is Austin cox saying UC and UH are top 2 in the deal or did Rick say that? I hate Twitter

Rick said that
08-13-2016 08:40 PM
Pastnerized Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TIGERS
Also, Big12 is not the old sw conf.
if Tx starts blocking to get UH in, Ok will blow up conf. and go elsewhere.
Houston is dead in the water.
08-13-2016 09:01 PM
Pastnerized Offline
Heisman

None of the northern schools are going to play this Tx. crap anymore. Believe it.
08-13-2016 09:03 PM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

(08-13-2016 06:48 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  The Governor wants Houston added. UT-A and UH have a deal in place. UT-A wants to add a Houston campus for medical school. Houston has blocked the access. The deal is if Houston is added to the Big XII then Houston will drop opposition to T having a c medical campus in Houston.

I understand UT wants to build some sort of campus in Houston, but it won't be a med school. The University of Texas has had a medical school in Houston for decades as part of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. UT also has another med school down the road in Galveston.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2016 10:21 PM by cotton1991.)
08-14-2016 06:39 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
Lmao
08-14-2016 08:51 AM
Advertisement

Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

Who is NASCAR guy?
08-14-2016 08:54 AM
Pastnerized Offline
Heisman

Just for the record, it HAS been reported that the new campus would be a medical school(right or wrong).
08-14-2016 09:46 AM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

C. Austin Cox
Rick Johnson @ncrdbl1
. . .

. . .
Private school or not TCU and Baylor depend on the State for their existence.

Waiting for Obbina, and read this drivel.

UT has had a medical school in Houston for over 40 years - medical, nursing, dental . . . You say UH has blocked access? What does this even mean? Texas has already bought the land by the Texas Medical Center for the expansion. UH bitched and moaned, but UH cannot stop the UT expansion from happening.

Yes, some lazy reporters suggested a quid-by-quo after the July 20th tweets by Fenves, Abbott . . . This has been shot down multiple times by both Texas and UH supporters. There is no deal. Texas will get its med school expansion irregardless of whether UH gets in the Big 12 or not.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2016 01:32 PM by Tigx.)
08-15-2016 01:21 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

Oh, and I'm sure my Baylor and TCU friends will be surprised to hear their schools depend on the state of Texas for their existence. Dramatic much? As will all the parents who are paying $40 grand a year for their kids to go to Baylor and TCU.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2016 01:51 PM by Tigx.)
08-15-2016 01:28 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-14-2016 06:39 AM)cotton1991 Wrote:  
(08-13-2016 06:48 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  The Governor wants Houston added. UT-A and UH have a deal in place. UT-A wants to add a Houston campus for medical school. Houston has blocked the access. The deal is if Houston is added to the Big XII then Houston will drop opposition to T having a c medical campus in Houston.

I understand UT wants to build some sort of campus in Houston, but it won't be a med school. The University of Texas has had a medical school in Houston for decades as part of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. UT also has another med school down the road in Galveston.

Yes, UTMB in Galveston. And UT Southwest in Dallas.

But the land in Houston is for an expansion of the medical school. UT bought 300 acres near the Texas Medical Center. They will connect by light rail to TMC.
08-15-2016 01:35 PM
Advertisement

TxTiger79 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers

Folding@NCAAbbs
Not sure what the Houston campus would be but construction started in 2014 on the University of Texas Dell Medical School campus in downtown Austin.
08-15-2016 01:37 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-15-2016 01:37 PM)TxTiger79 Wrote:  Not sure what the Houston campus would be but construction started in 2014 on the University of Texas Dell Medical School campus in downtown Austin.

True. Read somewhere that the UTHealth system educates around 70% of the medical professionals in the state of Texas. An amazing stat.

UH could never stop UT from expanding their campus in Houston. The idea is laughable.
08-15-2016 01:47 PM
99Tiger Offline
I got tiger blood, man.

I Root For: football wins

Crappies

C. Austin Cox
Rick Johnson @ncrdbl1

Ummmmm...the University of Texas medical school IS IN HOUSTON!!!!!!! Look it up. http://med.uth.edu/
08-15-2016 02:04 PM
99Tiger Offline
I got tiger blood, man.

I Root For: football wins

Crappies
Sorry, I didn't refresh before I posted.
08-15-2016 02:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.