RE: 1 vice president out, 1 demoted at University of Toledo
Wasn't around long.
08-11-2016 04:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Must be a messy situation because Mr. McCrimmon just bought a house in O.H. per blade transaction listings
08-12-2016 07:02 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

Ouch.

Sounds like a "more to the story" kind of thing. A poor hiring decision process perhaps, that heat should be taken too. One of those things, all you can do is hope everyone is able to move on quickly.
08-12-2016 07:20 AM
indianasniff Offline
All American

It can be very hard for an out of towner in Toledo at times. Might have had problem connecting with the locals. Pure speculation on my part.

Had the pleasure to meet Sam. Seems like a good man and I am hopeful he can land on his feet.
08-12-2016 07:39 AM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

Yeah maybe. "In-towners" could be the reason they need an out of towner? New ideas and approaches and all that. The article implies missed meetings and oversight. Getting up and running and making sure you have eyes on can definitely be a problem for an out of towner, particularly if the in towners are uncooperative. Seen that happen at some places.

I never met him. Not sure how it looks on the University this merry-go-round so hopefully the next hire will be the right one. Tough assignment, getting research dollars in and getting alums who may not have been here in decades on-board and interested...

This new set-up, Lee from the Foundation and Pres Gabor, what's wrong with keeping that in place? Seems like a natural function for those two position?

I don't think it's the in town donators that will bring the additional resources needed. It's going to come from finding those people that went out in the world and lost touch. Foundation and President would seem to be the way to go? Contacts from my alma mater usually come closer to major, from the Dean of the College (who was Professor while I attended) or from the Foundation rep. I think it makes sense to line alums up with former Profs.

While I appreciate the mass mailing from Foundation, Alums Assoc., Da Pres, keeping me up to date on University accomplishments, none of that has the personal touch I feel when I get a mass emailing from my former Prof. 03-lmfao
08-12-2016 08:53 AM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(08-12-2016 08:53 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  Yeah maybe. "In-towners" could be the reason they need an out of towner? New ideas and approaches and all that. The article implies missed meetings and oversight. Getting up and running and making sure you have eyes on can definitely be a problem for an out of towner, particularly if the in towners are uncooperative. Seen that happen at some places.

I never met him. Not sure how it looks on the University this merry-go-round so hopefully the next hire will be the right one. Tough assignment, getting research dollars in and getting alums who may not have been here in decades on-board and interested...

This new set-up, Lee from the Foundation and Pres Gabor, what's wrong with keeping that in place? Seems like a natural function for those two position?

I don't think it's the in town donators that will bring the additional resources needed. It's going to come from finding those people that went out in the world and lost touch. Foundation and President would seem to be the way to go? Contacts from my alma mater usually come closer to major, from the Dean of the College (who was Professor while I attended) or from the Foundation rep. I think it makes sense to line alums up with former Profs.

While I appreciate the mass mailing from Foundation, Alums Assoc., Da Pres, keeping me up to date on University accomplishments, none of that has the personal touch I feel when I get a mass emailing from my former Prof. 03-lmfao

Gaber
08-12-2016 01:37 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-12-2016 01:37 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  
(08-12-2016 08:53 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  Yeah maybe. "In-towners" could be the reason they need an out of towner? New ideas and approaches and all that. The article implies missed meetings and oversight. Getting up and running and making sure you have eyes on can definitely be a problem for an out of towner, particularly if the in towners are uncooperative. Seen that happen at some places.

Gaber

thanks (before someone makes a green acres wise crack)
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2016 02:28 PM by eastisbest.)
08-12-2016 02:28 PM
Stpetebeachrocketfan Offline
1st String

I met Sam a couple times and he seemed like a nice guy. I would not say he was dynamic or overly impressive, but he was friendly and seemed to be a regular kind of guy.
08-13-2016 02:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.