08-11-2016 02:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
RE: The injury bug continues to bite...
So you're saying there a chance TXST gets a FBS win this year...oh wait
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 02:51 PM by slycat.)
08-11-2016 02:49 PM
pjc1979 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
That's tough luck for you guys and tough luck that we don't play you this season. I can't image facing the entire season knowing my whole starting d-line won't play. I guess you guys are going to have to score in spades to win. Looking at the silver lining, at least you'll be building some great depth, this will help for future seasons.
08-11-2016 02:57 PM
Advertisement

AtlantaJag Offline
Beltbbs USA INsider

I Root For: USA Jaguars
(08-11-2016 02:57 PM)pjc1979 Wrote:  That's tough luck for you guys and tough luck that we don't play you this season. I can't image facing the entire season knowing my whole starting d-line won't play. I guess you guys are going to have to score in spades to win. Looking at the silver lining, at least you'll be building some great depth, this will help for future seasons.

He's referring to injuries at USA, not Troy. The Jag kicker is also out for the year because he failed a grad school class.
USA built up a lot of depth in the DL this offseason. It will be tested this year.
08-11-2016 02:59 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
South fans, is it really this bad? Who are the new guys that transferred in and can they fill in the gaps? I know we're rivals and all, but I really liked Jimmie Gipson and hoped b could see the field. Seemed like a special talent. Hopefully his career isn't over.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 03:03 PM by TroyFootball05.)
08-11-2016 03:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AtlantaJag Offline
Beltbbs USA INsider

I Root For: USA Jaguars
(08-11-2016 03:02 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  South fans, is it really this bad? Who are the new guys that transferred in and can they fill in the gaps? I know we're rivals and all, but I really liked Jimmie Gipson and hoped b could see the field. Seemed like a special talent. Hopefully his career isn't over.

Jimmie has a great attitude and is determined to come back yet again. He will continue his grad school education and apply for a sixth year. His backup was the talk of spring practice, so hopefully he'll be able to shoulder the load. Transfer Sir Calvin Wallace was likely to supplant Alford at NT, and JC addition Zach Befort was already making a push there. Middleton will get first crack at starting at DE but there are a few young guys that will compete there. Tyree Turner, a true freshman last year that had earned a starting spot at DT early in the year before tearing his ACL, is back and 100%.
Like I said, USA added a lot of depth there this year, but it is being challenged.
08-11-2016 03:08 PM
Saint3333 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
You guys are killing my over play on USA wins for the year.
08-11-2016 03:13 PM
Advertisement

airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(08-11-2016 03:13 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  You guys are killing my over play on USA wins for the year.

It certainly seems quite a bit shakier today than it did last week, that's for sure. I'm just hoping these are the last of our "out for the season" guys.
08-11-2016 04:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
Yea, this is looking more and more like a a rebuilding year for USA.

Basically, my hope this year is that Coach Jones can hold the team together for the last part of the season when our schedule becomes more favorable.

Basically, I see the season as follows

First two games - objective: Grow as a team and no injuries. @Miss State, Ga Southern.
Second two games - objective: Win one and make a play for the second. @ULL, Nichols
Third two games - objective: Grow as a team and no injuries. Hopefully be competitive in those games. SDSU, @Ark State
Fourth two games - objective: Win at home. Troy and Ga State
Fifth two games - objective: Win at ULM. Survive LSU
Final two games - objective: Win at Idaho and vs NMSU.

Basically, USA still has seven games that are eminently winnable to try to cobble a bowl bid out of...@ULL, Nichols, Troy, Ga State, @ULM, NMSU, and @Idaho. I don't think we'd be favored in all of them, but the schedule looks doable. We just need to grow in the first six games and kick butt in the last six. The only way that schedule could be more favorable to USA this year is if we went to NMSU and had Idaho at home. Quite frankly, we could start off 1-5 and still be competitive for a bowl this year.

I'm pessimistic. But there's hope there. I'd feel much worse if the schedule was easier at first and hard at the end. Either way, if Jones gets USA to a bowl, he should be coach of the year.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2016 12:28 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
08-12-2016 12:21 PM
StillGotIt Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(08-11-2016 03:13 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  You guys are killing my over play on USA wins for the year.

Relax.. You'll be fine.
08-12-2016 12:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.