Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How would you describe your political views?
Dragonlair2.0 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UAB
How would you describe your political views?
To aid in civility with the board and try not to paint with a broad brush how would you describe your self on major views.

I'll start with a few and people can add more issue they are passionate about.

Overall - Libertarian with Republican leanings.

Economics - If the private sector can do it then the government shouldn't -in most cases arguments can be made for certain industries.

Gay rights - Don't flaunt it in my face and your fine I don't give two ***** what people do. Out of sight out of mind.

Marriage - get Federal Government out of marriage and let it be a contract between the Partners. There should be no benefit to being married. Solves a lot of "Gay rights" issue there. leave it to the states to decide.

Taxes - I really like Owl69's Plan that he has touted on here once or twice. but elimination of the income tax must precede it or i can easily see us with both.

Education - Charter/ Privatize the Public school system. There needs to be reform but i don't have a slightest idea on how to go about all i know it we need to hit the reset button

Abortion - Abortion should be illegal except in cases of Rape, incest and life of Mother to a Point (everything should be done to save both Mother and Baby if it is feasible to do so Earliest baby to live is something like 24 weeks). I have no issue with using contraceptives.
08-11-2016 10:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
RE: How would you describe your political views?
Overall - Trumpist

Economics - America First trade deals

Gay rights - Don't ask, don't tell

Marriage - Polygamists need marriage equality

Taxes - Need to be eliminated. Fund government on tariffs and foreign corporations.

Education - Only the best schools

Abortion - Only for the Mooslems
08-11-2016 10:56 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Overall: Christian Democrat

Economics: Pragmatism, fair trade with corrective protectionism

Gay Rights: Don't Care

Marriage: Plebiscite, as the definition is a matter for a society to choose as a whole

Taxes: Pragmatic

Education: Give absolute control to states and individual districts. Eliminate completely the Federal Department of Education.

Abortion: Pro-choice and pro-shame.
08-11-2016 11:21 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Overall: Fiscal conservative, social moderate to liberal, basically libertarian.

Economics: Free trade, comparative advantage, with consumption taxes.

Gay Rights: You can sleep with whomever you want to, as long as it's not me.

Marriage: Contract governed by contract law. Churches free to marry or not marry whomever they want.

Taxes: Lower and flatter rates applied over broader base (fewer deductions, like none except legitimate business expenses). Compete with the world for business and investment and jobs.

Education: Don't throw more money at a poorly performing system. Look at what other countries are doing to provide better education at lower cost. Cut administration and move money to classroom. Track students from junior high. Greatly improve vocational education. Maximum control to states and individual districts. Vouchers to facilitate school choice. Eliminate completely the Federal Department of Education.

Abortion: Pro-choice and pro-shame.
08-11-2016 11:32 AM
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
Overall - Very fiscally conservative. Moderate on a few issues.

Economics - Agree with most of the points already made. If the private sector can do it, they should and the gov't should get out of the way. Not big on free trade.

Gay rights - They have the same rights the rest of us have now.

Marriage - Get the gov't out of it altogether.

Taxes - Low my taxes, lower the entitlements.

Education - Privatize all schools. Means less taxes to pay. Let parents decide what's best. College isn't for everybody. Kids need other paths like trades to be encouraged for the one's who have a "knack" for it.

Abortion - It should be illegal. Adoption should also be promoted (maybe tax breaks?) and made easier. Actually it's not nearly as hard as many people think. People should be educated on it.

Military - Bring most of the 150K we have abroad home. There's not much reason to try to nation build in 3rd world **** holes. If we need to fight go in to win with overwhelming force. No Quarter.

Drugs - Legalize marijuana. The rest of the "usual suspects" probably should remain illegal.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 11:52 AM by Hood-rich.)
08-11-2016 11:34 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
Overall: Liberal/Progressive. Favor a secular "European-type" social democratic Republic. Strict separation of church/state proponent. Favor some gun control.

Economics: Free trade but with tariff/taxation of companies who export American jobs overseas but sell products in USA.

Gay Rights: Constitutional right.

Marriage: Contract governed by civil law.

Taxes: Favor raising taxes to "not quite" Eisenhower Era tax rates.

Education: Favor public schools, anti-charter school. Anti-voucher for private/religious schools.

Abortion: Pro-choice.

Military: Come from military family. Favor bringing most overseas troops home, favor closing many bases overseas and at home. Favor strong Navy and Air Force. Favor Special Forces over conventional troops for overseas operations. Favor NATO/EU/Other Allies increasing their own military spending and responsibilities.

Drugs: Legalize marijuana. Favor lower penalties for consumer/users of other drugs.
08-11-2016 11:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
Overall - Libertarian at the Federal level, lean slightly more liberal at the local level but I would never call myself a liberal, lol.

Economics - Agree with above - If the private sector can do it then the government shouldn't -in most cases arguments can be made for certain industries.

Gay rights - Should have same rights as anyone else

Marriage - If you get married at a government building, they should not discriminate. If you get married at a church, they should have the right to decide whether or not they will marry you and your spouse

Taxes - Low fed taxes, higher local taxes... if I don't like how my local government runs, I feel I have more influence or could move to a place where more people see things like I do.

Education - leave up to the states, don't need feds

Abortion - should be legal but only used in specific cases, not as form of birth control

added because others have:

Drugs - decriminalize Marijuana at the federal level, leave up to states.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 11:54 AM by Chappy.)
08-11-2016 11:52 AM
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
(08-11-2016 11:48 AM)TerryD Wrote:  Overall: Liberal/Progressive. Favor a secular "European-type" social democratic Republic.

What's the closest to "your utopia"? Obviously there's no such thing but what country would be the closest and how could it work here?
08-11-2016 11:52 AM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
disgusted. disappointed.
08-11-2016 12:05 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Registered democrat that hates that the party has been taken over by the lunatic left.

Economics: lower taxes lead to growth. The names the loony left called what was done in the 1980s doesn't change the fact that it works.

Socially: get the federal government out of homes, families, and bedrooms. State issues. That being said, get the neoconservatives out of social policy. They are 40 years behind the times.

Less government, more freedom.
08-11-2016 12:06 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Overall - Constitutionalist, I believe in Original Intent when examining the Constitution. I believe we are a nation of laws and they all flow from adhering to our agreed upon contract for forming this union, the Constitution. I would require the FedGov to list specifically which articles of the Constitution justify the bills being passed and the Executive Orders and PDD's being issued. Judges would likewise need to site specifically the articles of the Constitution that justify their rulings.

Economics - Laissez Faire economics principles with government agencies only empowered to assure public safety within Constitutional boundaries.

Gay rights - They have the same rights the rest of us do already, always have. When their rights are violated they can turn to the courts for redress.

Marriage - Is a religious institution, and thus shouldn't be within the purview of any government agency. Civil Contracts would be required to recognize legal aspects currently assigned to "marriage". Those that choose not to get a Civil Contract for their marriage take the personal risk of allowing a judge to determine the "legal" aspects when separation occurs. No limitations should be imposed on Civil Contracts so long as it is between consenting adults and no one's Constitutional rights are violated.

Taxes - Individual income tax is theft from the citizens. All FedGov functions should be funded through excise taxes and import tariffs.

Education - Not the FedGov's job. All Federal level education initiatives should be ended immediately. Let the states determine their own systems unfettered and let them be judged on it by their citizens accordingly.

Abortion - Murder, the unborn are still humans and have inalienable rights under our Constitution, the woman usually had a choice and made it herself. Rape victims (including underage victims) and life of the mother threatened by the birth could be the only exceptions, but it should be discouraged. Healthy none rape victim mothers have already exercised their choice. Absolutely no abortions past the first trimester. Adoption should be the first and only option. Contraception should be publicly available to both sexes, but abstinence should be encouraged.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 12:27 PM by 49RFootballNow.)
08-11-2016 12:24 PM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
Overall- Socially very liberal, economics and foreign policy center left pragmatist.

Role of Government- Don't believe in smaller federal government or larger federal government. Believe goverment's role is 1. to protect personal liberty and 2. to address issues that are big or complex enough that it is hard for the private sector to adequately address. Believe there are areas the federal government is too involved in, areas the federal government should probably do more or do more efficiently and areas the government serves us well.

Taxes- progressive taxation based on ability to pay, but getting rid of deductions and making the tax code much simplier. Generally believe that if government is performing a service it should tax to pay for it so I'm not for lower or higher taxes, but taxes to match what government is doing.

Social Security- obsolete system that should be phased out and allow people to invest in private retirement with a significant percentage of what social security is taking now. Believe a small percentage should still go to emergency retirement system. Social security designed when 17 people were paying for every 1 receiving...not the case anymore and we can get better return on the dollar through more privatization. Appreciated President Bush at least attempting to move in that direction.

Criminal Justice system- too punitive, too focused on non-violent drug offenders, costs too much money and needs significant reform.

Economics- Pro free trade, believe we've seen far more benefits than costs. Free trade has brought down cost of goods and expanded access to new technology that has made our lives easier. Against tariffs.

Immigration- believe even illegal immigration has been a benefit to the economy. Believe in a path to citizenship. Believe we should continue to take reasonable measure to protect the border but ultimately a wall or increased deportation efforts are not a good use of taxpayer money as there is no real benefit to the tax payer.

Health Care- Believe Obamacare addressed a couple issues well... specifically it significantly expanded access to low income families and helped prevent a portion of the cost shifting from the uninsured to the insured. It allowed access to those with preexisting conditions to better prevent chronic issues from bankrupting them. However, ultimately the cost of Health Care to middle class families was not addressed in a meaningful way and I don't think the system as currently designed is equipped to address the system. Believe we need significant health care reform similar to Germany / France public / private combination.

Gay Rights- Protected by the United States Constitution

Constitutional Interpretation - The language of the Constitution was purposefully expansive with regards to personal liberties and should be interpreted as such. When ambiguous courts should mostly defer to side of more liberty.

Low Skill Job Income Stagnation- This is a huge issue one I don't think either party has come up with an adequate solution to address. I do believe in a living wage, but ultimately we have not had a modern answer to what unions were able to achieve for low skilled workers in the 1940-1970ish. In the transfer to an information and service economy we have not found a way for low skilled jobs to offer the same promise as before. I don't have an answer but am open to ideas.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 01:16 PM by bearcatmark.)
08-11-2016 12:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tigertom Offline
"Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum"

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Donators
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, very interestink.

Hard core rightist here and damn proud of it. 04-rock

NRA all the way .

You know the rest... or at least you should. 04-cheers
08-11-2016 01:03 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
Overall - Republican

Economics - Lower taxes lead to growth.

Gay rights - I am fine with it.

Marriage - Civil unions. My lesbian sister agrees with me.

Taxes - Low .

Education - school choice. No teacher unions. charter schools. Pay your own way through college.

Abortion - Legal but rare.

Drugs - decriminalize Marijuana at the federal level. tax is like cigarettes.
08-11-2016 01:52 PM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
I hate the left... 05-stirthepot
08-11-2016 01:54 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Overall: Fiscally Progressive, Socially Conservative.

Economics: Capitalism is great so long as it's regulated.

Role of Government: To protect it's citizens.

Taxes: Would favor a consumption tax.

Social Security: Great Program but should be reformed

Immigration: Must be reformed

Healthcare: Would prefer a better system.

Gay Rights: They deserve every right everyone else has.

Constitution: Open to interpretation as it's always been.
08-11-2016 01:58 PM
Advertisement

DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
Overall - Conservative Constitutionalist with some Libertarian leanings (If there's one party that picks Kookier than Libertarian party, it's the CP, unfortunately.) Does that mean I lean more toward Republicans and classic liberalism? Yep...

Economics - A) Lower taxes helps everyone. B) Controlled spending helps the govt. Spending smarter always beats spending 'more'. No private industry bailouts, regardless of the industry. Free Trade? Used to be, not any more.. not "protectivism" trade-level, but definitely not Free trade.. because someone's getting hosed in any free trade deal, and usually it's the United States.

Gay rights/Marriage - They have the same rights as everyone else as is, despite some people trying to tell us otherwise on here. If they think their rights are violated, there's a court system to work through. As for the marriage issue... let the states decide what a marriage should/shouldn't be. don't like it, convince your state governments to change the definition. Not a federal issue. (which leads into the tax classifications)

Taxes - Again, lose the income tax. If the Southern states post civil-war knew what kind of disaster they were setting up for, they would never have pushed for it. If you can't lose it, flat tax it Lose the loopholes for EVERYONE, both individuals and businesses. Replace it with the consumption tax only (I mean hell, we already pay sales tax, gas taxes, and more than a few other consumption taxes already).

Education - Private schools will always perform better than government run public schools. That's not to say you can do away with standard schooling altogether, it just can't happen. Vouchers if needed..

Abortion - Against it except in the usual two cases (Rape, life of the mother (if she so chooses)), but I'm not even a first trimester believer.. 6 weeks maximum for it to apply.

Gun control - 2nd amendment applies "the right to bear arms shall not be infringed". If idiots use the weapons that's a completely different issue than gun-control.

Immigration - Again, your ancestors followed the rules. If today's immigrants follow the rules fine. If not, out they go until they get in line properly. (That means no benefits for illegals (state universities tuitions waived, food stamps, etc.). But things like E-Verify is a must Again, the companies that hire illegals are not without fault here.. and need to pay the price for hiring rule-breakers. Border enforcement.. mandatory.

Healthcare - again, the market can provide access and affordability than anything forced upon a country our size by the govt.

Social Security - Privatization (or at least partial privatization) should be highly encouraged. (what percentage? That I'm not sure of... but I trust I'll get a better ROI on any IRA/401K than I would on my investment into Social Security.)
08-11-2016 02:53 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
(08-11-2016 12:06 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Registered democrat that hates that the party has been taken over by the lunatic left.

Yeah, changed my registration from Republican to Unaffiliated 8 years ago because the right flew too right.

I'm sick of how polarized America has become, and it goes beyond politics. People think you have to hate Playstation if you own an XBox, or hate Pepsi if you drink Coke, or hate Apple if you use a PC or Android phone.

Well forget it! I'm playing Xbox AND Playstation and Nintendo too, dammit. I'll buy whatever soda is on sale, and talk on my iPhone while surfing the web on my PC! Freedom of choice, *******!
08-11-2016 05:29 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
Overall - Center Left

Taxes - I support progressive taxation at with the same rates for unearned and earned income (as well as carried interest) and a limit (based upon the average housing price) for tax deductability for one's primary residence. Corporate tax rates can only be reduced with a massive overhaul of our tax code to prevent gaming the corporate tax rate in order to avoid taxation.
Gay Rights - Obviously, I support equality and am opposed to discrimination. We currently don't have access to the courts for redress and we currently face systematic discrimination
Health Care - I support a public option, where every hospital paid for or subsidized by the taxpayers should be required to participate and where providers outside the system cannot use taxpayer funded or supported assets. It shall be illegal for a plan to not be open to any participant. Reserves should be retained by those creating them and should be refunded if someone leaves that insurance company. Private insurance will be viable if they actually provide value to the economy in a public option scenario. If not, they're just rent taking. Pharmaceutical companies should be barred from charging more to American consumer than the average price paid by G7 countries.
Education - Public schools provide a critical service to our community. They should be the only subsidized education.
Foreign Policy - Kind of hawkish. Threats are China and Russia and generalized terrorism.
Drugs - Legalize Pot. Strong penalties for many other drugs
Abortion - Support Roe v Wade
Guns - Common sense limits and strict record keeping. Unregulated access to guns is the genesis of many other problems in our society, including greater terrorism threats and strife between the police and sectors of the community. No rational reason for people to pack heat everywhere.
Racism - It exists and government has a role in mitigating its effects
Global Warming - It exists and we should act now to try to mitigate its impact. There will be costs. Carbon usage should be limited, consistent with economic goals (economics does not always trump environment)
Voting Rights - Every citizen should be automatically registered to vote unless they opt out. Persons who have paid their debt to society should be able to vote.
Constitutional Principles - Our constitution is a living document. I can't get inside the head of a dead man to determine intent and I don't want to live in a world of 1789 values.
Trade Policy - Generally a globalist. We gain from trade. Vigilance should be taken in order to protect high value added exports from dumping
Immigration - Expand the limits to match demand when applicable. Opposed to group blame or blanket bans. If we take someone's work, we are in effect licensing them to stay and to provide a path for citizenship for them or their kids.
Income inequality - A growing problem that will cause more strife. Equality of treatment of unearned and earned income might help with that
College affordability - No more 'affordability initiatives' without some sort of cost controls or accountability of the institution for excess deferred/defaults on student loans.
Gerrymandering - Constitutional Amendment mandating that the party receiving the most raw votes overall has control of the chamber. Allow for the majority to appoint extra members without districts in the event of a disconnect in order to ensure that the majority votes for control.
Electoral college - Scrap it. Make President a popular vote. Every citizen should have a vote that counts.
Campaign Finance Reform - Support a Constitutional Amendment to overturn Citizens United, ensure that everyone has the same limit on campaign donations (and that the super rich don't have more access to free speech than average Americans). Stronger limits on lobbying
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 06:29 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
08-11-2016 06:14 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
Freedom.
08-11-2016 06:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.