Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who is going to the scrimmage?
Bookmark and Share
rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
Who is going to the scrimmage?
And what do you want to see. I feel pretty confident about the defense. Imagine that. I will focus on Cortez Broughton, because he is getting a lot of press. I thought he gave a great push last year. The narrative on Broughton is he takes plays off. I also will key on Eric Wilson, because he is a player that is exciting and works well in space. I watch Gilbert because he puts a hat on people.

On offense, I will look at receiver development. Without Tshumbi, who is the biggest potential playmaker. I do not know much about Kamara and Johnson. Is Beard gonna get the burn that TT claims. Additionally, the quarterback battle will have my attention. Opportunity for one of the candidates to distinguish himself in front of the fans. Could care less if Boone or Tion play, I know what they can do. On the oline, will watch Stout and Ray and the two potential backups.

08-11-2016 08:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Racinejake Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
RE: Who is going to the scrimmage?
(08-11-2016 08:44 AM)rosewater Wrote:  And what do you want to see. I feel pretty confident about the defense. Imagine that. I will focus on Cortez Broughton, because he is getting a lot of press. I thought he gave a great push last year. The narrative on Broughton is he takes plays off. I also will key on Eric Wilson, because he is a player that is exciting and works well in space. I watch Gilbert because he puts a hat on people.

On offense, I will look at receiver development. Without Tshumbi, who is the biggest potential playmaker. I do not know much about Kamara and Johnson. Is Beard gonna get the burn that TT claims. Additionally, the quarterback battle will have my attention. Opportunity for one of the candidates to distinguish himself in front of the fans. Could care less if Boone or Tion play, I know what they can do. On the oline, will watch Stout and Ray and the two potential backups.

Is the scrimmage open to the public?

I'd want to see QBs making smart decisions. Hitting open receivers but also knowing when to throw the ball away.

I'm opposite of you on the defense. I do not feel confident about that side of the ball. I want to see D-linemen getting penetration (something I did NOT see in the spring game), LBs moving sideline to sideline tracking RBs down and DBs not missing assignments and playing WRs closely (something MUCH improved in the spring game vs. last season actually).

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 09:17 AM by Racinejake.)
08-11-2016 09:09 AM
geef Offline
JV Bench Warmer

I Root For: Binturongs
Duane Norman will be there. He will be Live Blogging. Live Blogging.

08-11-2016 09:59 AM
Dannyboy Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats
DTs & OL. Critical positions where we've struggled at times.

08-11-2016 10:04 AM
Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators
Quote:Is the scrimmage open to the public?

Aug. 4, 2016

CINCINNATI – The University of Cincinnati Department of Athletics will hold a football fan fest inside Nippert Stadium from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, August 13, 2016.

The 2016 Bearcats will scrimmage between noon and 2 p.m. on the field. Following practice, players will be available from 2 to 3 p.m. to take pictures with fans and sign autographs on the recently released 2016 football posters.

The UC Bookstore in Tangeman University Center will be open along with a concourse table selling the latest Bearcats Under Armour gear.

Inflatables will be up on Sheakley Lawn for the enjoyment of little Bearcats between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. The UC Athletics Ticket Office staff will be on hand between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. to help you select your seat for the 2016 season.

Nippert east side concession stands will be open for business from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. featuring six points of sale with $5 12-ounce domestic drafts, $2 bags of popcorn, $2 pretzels and free samples of Curdtown Cheese Curds. Hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, peanuts and candy will all be available at regular menu prices. Twelve-ounce Pepsi fountain drinks can be purchased for $1 and a limited supply of 12-ounce waters and Gatorade will sell for $2.

Fans can park in Calhoun Garage and enjoy a special $5 rate between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.

UC opens its 2016 campaign on Thursday, Sept. 1, when UT Martin visits historic Nippert Stadium for a 7 p.m. ET kickoff.

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-footb...16aac.html

08-11-2016 10:12 AM
MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
Hoping to make it. Last I looked the weather looked pretty iffy.

Re: defense. I'll believe it when I see it.

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 10:17 AM by MickMack.)
08-11-2016 10:17 AM
Advertisement

AeroCat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
If the weather holds, I'm bringing the family down. My nearly 5 yo daughter is super excited.

08-11-2016 11:12 AM
MickMack Offline
All American

(08-11-2016 11:12 AM)AeroCat Wrote:  If the weather holds, I'm bringing the family down. My nearly 5 yo daughter is super excited.

Yeah, hoping to take my 3.5 yo daughter.

08-11-2016 11:27 AM
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
(08-11-2016 11:12 AM)AeroCat Wrote:  If the weather holds, I'm bringing the family down. My nearly 5 yo daughter is super excited.

Looks like the weekend could be filled with thunderstorms.

The only bright side is that how badly the region needs rain.

08-11-2016 11:32 AM
MickMack Offline
All American

(08-11-2016 11:32 AM)Coopdaddy67 Wrote:  

Looks like the weekend could be filled with thunderstorms.

The only bright side is that how badly the region needs rain.

Guess I should leave my B12 expansion tin foil hat at home. Seriously, though - looks like it might be a complete washout.

08-11-2016 11:41 AM
Bearcat Otto Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Pretty sure they play football in the rain.

As hot as it is, a little rain will feel good on the noggin.

08-11-2016 01:21 PM
Advertisement

Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
(08-11-2016 01:21 PM)Bearcat Otto Wrote:  Pretty sure they play football in the rain.

As hot as it is, a little rain will feel good on the noggin.

Not when it's accompanied by thunder and lightning.

08-11-2016 01:22 PM
Bearcat Otto Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I'm also pretty sure that UC would call the scrimmage off in that case.

I personally think it would be good to play in the rain. They may have to play in increment weather sometime this year. Might as well practice in it.

08-11-2016 01:47 PM
MrCincy Offline
Banned

I Root For: Cincinnati
(08-11-2016 08:44 AM)rosewater Wrote:  And what do you want to see. I feel pretty confident about the defense. Imagine that. I will focus on Cortez Broughton, because he is getting a lot of press. I thought he gave a great push last year. The narrative on Broughton is he takes plays off. I also will key on Eric Wilson, because he is a player that is exciting and works well in space. I watch Gilbert because he puts a hat on people.

I'll be at the scrimmage.

08-11-2016 04:05 PM
rtaylor Online
Heisman

Any scrimmage reports from those who attended?

08-13-2016 02:52 PM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

Well generally speaking, the defense is ahead of the offense. Keep in mind that it was touch on Boone and Tion. Speaking of which, Boone was so explosive at the point of handoff. It looks like he has lost a l ittle weight. Bransbauch and Buckley ran hard. As far as the quarterbacks, Gunnar has dug himself into a deep hole. There is no question in my mind that he has the best arm, I am not sure he is the best quarterback for this offense. He makes incredible throws, but Ross Trail dinks and dunks and keeps drives alive. After the scrimmage today, I am not confident with Haydens decision making. He threw at least two potential pick 6s but for the drop. This offense is made for a decision maker. The velocity on Trails ball does not match the other two, but he is highly accurate. Will he be able to get away with this against other competition IDK. I do not think that we have a big play receiver ritht now. Did not see lewis at the scrimmage. Beard played a bit and caught anything catchable. I just do not trust five foot seven receivers. Cole does a good job as a possession receiver, but no one stretches the field. The first team offensive line did ok, was very surprised theat dowdy did not catch a pass. Very pleased with the dbs and it is evident that TT is serious this time about getting the best players on the field. He started Gilbert, stephens, thomas and edwards. These are the four best. I like Carter Clements and Coleman, but they are not the best. Note Coleman was hurt. Our corner backs are like glue. Jaylin Minor also got the start at lb over Jenkinson. I think that he is better anyway. Did not see Jenkinson at the scrimmage. Murphy got the start at the week side lb. Tyson was not dressed. Wilson and Minor played well, murphy was invisible. The Des were fairly active but I do not remember any plays by the interior dl. Frank Bruscianelli made a lot of plays. He should be moving up. Edit I just watched TT video and he states that Jacobs is the starter. He did not start today?

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2016 03:56 PM by rosewater.)
08-13-2016 03:43 PM
Advertisement

KCat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
I thought Ross Trail looked the best at QB... Like in the spring,, he seems to be able to get the offense into a rhythm that the others don't... Both Moore and Gunner made too many mistakes... I was kinda impressed with
Sopko,, seemed pretty steady....

08-13-2016 03:52 PM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

(08-13-2016 03:52 PM)KCat Wrote:  I thought Ross Trail looked the best at QB... Like in the spring,, he seems to be able to get the offense into a rhythm that the others don't... Both Moore and Gunner made too many mistakes... I was kinda impressed with
Sopko,, seemed pretty steady....

Agree on all points.

08-13-2016 03:55 PM
rtaylor Online
Heisman

(08-13-2016 03:43 PM)rosewater Wrote:  Well generally speaking, the defense is ahead of the offense. Keep in mind that it was touch on Boone and Tion. Speaking of which, Boone was so explosive at the point of handoff. It looks like he has lost a l ittle weight. Bransbauch and Buckley ran hard. As far as the quarterbacks, Gunnar has dug himself into a deep hole. There is no question in my mind that he has the best arm, I am not sure he is the best quarterback for this offense. He makes incredible throws, but Ross Trail dinks and dunks and keeps drives alive. After the scrimmage today, I am not confident with Haydens decision making. He threw at least two potential pick 6s but for the drop. This offense is made for a decision maker. The velocity on Trails ball does not match the other two, but he is highly accurate. Will he be able to get away with this against other competition IDK. I do not think that we have a big play receiver ritht now. Did not see lewis at the scrimmage. Beard played a bit and caught anything catchable. I just do not trust five foot seven receivers. Cole does a good job as a possession receiver, but no one stretches the field. The first team offensive line did ok, was very surprised theat dowdy did not catch a pass. Very pleased with the dbs and it is evident that TT is serious this time about getting the best players on the field. He started Gilbert, stephens, thomas and edwards. These are the four best. I like Carter Clements and Coleman, but they are not the best. Note Coleman was hurt. Our corner backs are like glue. Jaylin Minor also got the start at lb over Jenkinson. I think that he is better anyway. Did not see Jenkinson at the scrimmage. Murphy got the start at the week side lb. Tyson was not dressed. Wilson and Minor played well, murphy was invisible. The Des were fairly active but I do not remember any plays by the interior dl. Frank Bruscianelli made a lot of plays. He should be moving up.

Thank you. I watched CTTs interview after the scrimmage and he was complimenting the poise Gunnar showed. Jenkinson was out with tonsillitis. Where are the two transfer WRs Peterson and Kamara? You would think with being 4 stars they would be getting some PT.

08-13-2016 03:55 PM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

(08-13-2016 03:55 PM)rtaylor Wrote:  
(08-13-2016 03:43 PM)rosewater Wrote:  Well generally speaking, the defense is ahead of the offense. Keep in mind that it was touch on Boone and Tion. Speaking of which, Boone was so explosive at the point of handoff. It looks like he has lost a l ittle weight. Bransbauch and Buckley ran hard. As far as the quarterbacks, Gunnar has dug himself into a deep hole. There is no question in my mind that he has the best arm, I am not sure he is the best quarterback for this offense. He makes incredible throws, but Ross Trail dinks and dunks and keeps drives alive. After the scrimmage today, I am not confident with Haydens decision making. He threw at least two potential pick 6s but for the drop. This offense is made for a decision maker. The velocity on Trails ball does not match the other two, but he is highly accurate. Will he be able to get away with this against other competition IDK. I do not think that we have a big play receiver ritht now. Did not see lewis at the scrimmage. Beard played a bit and caught anything catchable. I just do not trust five foot seven receivers. Cole does a good job as a possession receiver, but no one stretches the field. The first team offensive line did ok, was very surprised theat dowdy did not catch a pass. Very pleased with the dbs and it is evident that TT is serious this time about getting the best players on the field. He started Gilbert, stephens, thomas and edwards. These are the four best. I like Carter Clements and Coleman, but they are not the best. Note Coleman was hurt. Our corner backs are like glue. Jaylin Minor also got the start at lb over Jenkinson. I think that he is better anyway. Did not see Jenkinson at the scrimmage. Murphy got the start at the week side lb. Tyson was not dressed. Wilson and Minor played well, murphy was invisible. The Des were fairly active but I do not remember any plays by the interior dl. Frank Bruscianelli made a lot of plays. He should be moving up.

Thank you. I watched CTTs interview after the scrimmage and he was complimenting the poise Gunnar showed. Jenkinson was out with tonsillitis. Where are the two transfer WRs Peterson and Kamara? You would think with being 4 stars they would be getting some PT.

They may have caught some short 5 and outs but not any big plays. I think part of it is our dbs are solid and they are a little below average due to inexperience.

08-13-2016 03:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.