Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
From the Cincy 247 Message Board
Nebraskafan Offline
Banned

I Root For: Nebreaska
From the Cincy 247 Message Board
This time with real information to share.....

MSMoose

MSMoose
(608)
45 months
PM UserFollow User
2 hours ago
To expedite the resolution of expansion candidates for the Big 12, Oklahoma proposed voting blocks, consisting of (4) blocks of any number of member institutions. This would ensure member interests could best be accommodated without extended debate per candidate. These voting blocks in Oklahoma’s eyes and Commissioner Bowlsby’s ensured a fair process.

The blocks were developed in open discussion when considering member institutions top preliminary expansion choices.

This process is what I referred to yesterday as the Oklahoma Compromise!

The voting blocks were as follows, with their top candidates in order;

Block 1 – Texas Tech\Texas\Baylor
Candidates = BYU-UH-UC-UCF\USF
Block 2 – Iowa State\Kansas\Oklahoma
Candidates = UC-BYU-UCONN-CSU-Memphis-UCF\USF
Block 3 – Kansas State\Oklahoma State
Candidates = Memphis-CSU-UC-UCONN
Block 4 – West Virginia\TCU
Candidates = UC-UCF\USF-Memphis-UCONN

Note, the members within blocks have changed as the process has unfolded, however I believe the above to be most accurate as of this morning.

In fact, the Big 12 Board has sent a contingent of Big 12 Commissioners, etc., to specific candidates. These visits were at times followed by visits from voting blocks of Presidents, and others from Big 12 institutions. All information has been shared with all Big 12 members. A very open process, however very thorough as well. The visits have wrapped up now, and the Big 12 is in deliberations, so to speak
08-10-2016 11:28 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

HawaiiMongoose Online
All American

I Root For: Hawaii
RE: From the Cincy 247 Message Board
IF this is true, here's how it looks from the candidate school perspective:

- BYU is a top-2 pick for six Big 12 members, including both Texas and Oklahoma
- Cincinnati is a top-2 pick for five members, including Oklahoma but excluding Texas
- Houston is a top-2 pick for three members, including Texas but excluding Oklahoma
- Memphis, CSU, and UCF/USF are top-2 picks for only two schools, none of which are named Texas or Oklahoma
08-10-2016 11:51 AM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
And even if it was correct info at some point earlier this week, I still have to think that B12 will be unable to just ignore the news about BYU.

Meaning Houston and Cincy, by default.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2016 11:55 AM by MplsBison.)
08-10-2016 11:55 AM
f1do Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: BYU
So if I read what this says correctly, then here is how the schools break down in the number of votes they have:
Cincinnati (10): Texas Tech\Texas\Baylor\Iowa State\Kansas\Oklahoma\Kansas State\Oklahoma State\West Virginia\TCU
UCF/USF (8): Texas Tech\Texas\Baylor\Iowa State\Kansas\Oklahoma\West Virginia\TCU
Memphis (7): Iowa State\Kansas\Oklahoma\Kansas State\Oklahoma State\West Virginia\TCU
UCONN (7): Iowa State\Kansas\Oklahoma\Kansas State\Oklahoma State\West Virginia\TCU
BYU (6): Texas Tech\Texas\Baylor\Iowa State\Kansas\Oklahoma
Colorado State (5): Iowa State\Kansas\Oklahoma\Kansas State\Oklahoma State
Houston (3): Texas Tech\Texas\Baylor

So Cincinnati and UCF/USF are in at 12. If they go to 14 add Memphis and UCONN.
08-10-2016 12:00 PM
Hokie4Skins Offline
All American

I Root For: Ed O'Bannon
If true, it's interesting how KSU/OSU's votes differ so significantly from OU/KU/ISU.
08-10-2016 12:04 PM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
You think Texas is going to allow the conf to expand with Cincy and one of the Florida schools, with Houston not getting an invite??

Please.

(note: I'm assuming at this point it's going to be two, not four ... which seems like a reasonable assumption)
08-10-2016 12:04 PM
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
I still think it's going to be 4 added. I also think the decision is a lot farther along than the OP presumes.

IMO, they were about done when Houston jumped in. Then they were done again, when the BYU issues jumped up. Now they are regrouping yet again. But they aren't starting over from scratch, or even from 8 schools, and they aren't still visiting or just finished visiting schools. Hell, they have been vetting schools forever, it seems.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2016 12:11 PM by TripleA.)
08-10-2016 12:09 PM
Nebraskafan Offline
Banned

Cincy,UCF, Memphis and UConn?
08-10-2016 12:13 PM
Nebraskafan Offline
Banned

Sounds like UCF has the support when they eventually get to the point of voting.
08-10-2016 12:15 PM
RutgersGuy Offline
All American

I Root For: Rutgers
(08-10-2016 11:28 AM)Nebraskafan Wrote:  This time with real information to share.....

MSMoose

MSMoose
(608)
45 months
PM UserFollow User
2 hours ago
To expedite the resolution of expansion candidates for the Big 12, Oklahoma proposed voting blocks, consisting of (4) blocks of any number of member institutions. This would ensure member interests could best be accommodated without extended debate per candidate. These voting blocks in Oklahoma’s eyes and Commissioner Bowlsby’s ensured a fair process.

The blocks were developed in open discussion when considering member institutions top preliminary expansion choices.

Note, the members within blocks have changed as the process has unfolded, however I believe the above to be most accurate as of this morning.

In fact, the Big 12 Board has sent a contingent of Big 12 Commissioners, etc., to specific candidates. These visits were at times followed by visits from voting blocks of Presidents, and others from Big 12 institutions. All information has been shared with all Big 12 members. A very open process, however very thorough as well. The visits have wrapped up now, and the Big 12 is in deliberations, so to speak

I've seen less convoluted Dungeons & Dragons games. Jeez, what the heck am I reading here?
08-10-2016 12:18 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(08-10-2016 12:15 PM)Nebraskafan Wrote:  Sounds like UCF has the support when they eventually get to the point of voting.

I read that one of their pitches is expanding their stadium to 67K.
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(08-10-2016 12:13 PM)Nebraskafan Wrote:  Cincy,UCF, Memphis and UConn?

I'm confident about Cincy and Memphis. A week ago, I thought the other 2 were Houston and BYU.

I think BYU is slipping, and I just haven't heard much either way about Houston. At 14, I'm guessing UH is in, and BYU is now out, or on the fence.

If they don't make it, I would guess maybe UCF for 14. Even Tulane is getting a little love, lol. JMO.
RutgersGuy Offline
All American

(08-10-2016 12:18 PM)TripleA Wrote:  

I'm confident about Cincy and Memphis. A week ago, I thought the other 2 were Houston and BYU.

I think BYU is slipping, and I just haven't heard much either way about Houston. At 14, I'm guessing UH is in, and BYU is now out, or on the fence.

If they don't make it, I would guess maybe UCF for 14. Even Tulane is getting a little love, lol. JMO.

I don't think UConn makes the cut even with BYU out. UH, UC, Memphis, UCF
08-10-2016 12:20 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(08-10-2016 12:18 PM)RutgersGuy Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 11:28 AM)Nebraskafan Wrote:  This time with real information to share.....

MSMoose

MSMoose
(608)
45 months
PM UserFollow User
2 hours ago

I've seen less convoluted Dungeons & Dragons games. Jeez, what the heck am I reading here?

I had the same reaction. Gobbledegook. TV network guy kind of thinking, not university president thinking. That just makes things more complicated, not less.
08-10-2016 12:20 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(08-10-2016 12:20 PM)RutgersGuy Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 12:18 PM)TripleA Wrote:  

I don't think UConn makes the cut even with BYU out. UH, UC, Memphis, UCF

My guess right now, too.
08-10-2016 12:21 PM
MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
(08-10-2016 12:18 PM)RutgersGuy Wrote:  

MSMoose

MSMoose
(608)
45 months
PM UserFollow User
2 hours ago

[Image: tPswCPf.gif]
08-10-2016 12:23 PM
Advertisement

NJ2MDTerp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland
Houston, UCF, USF and one other.
08-10-2016 12:26 PM
The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
I don't buy this. First, why the interchangeability of USF/UCF? They are two different schools. No way are school presidents like "uh, yeah, either one of those is fine ahead of that other school."

And in NO way is WVU and TCU a bloc with equal share as Oklahoma (with ISU and KU? Are you kidding me?! Those three could probably all go to the PAC or B1G) and Texas.

Geez, this is getting horrific. The need is 8/10, right? How do you get that with four groups? Shouldn't it be five?
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2016 12:33 PM by The Cutter of Bish.)
08-10-2016 12:31 PM
BePcr07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
There's a slim-to-none chance they add 6 for 16 but I can't imagine UCF without USF. If added alone, UCF would definitely say yes. However, adding both gives UCF a travel partner and increases market and viewership in Florida.

I'd add UCF, USF, Houston, Memphis, Cincinnati, and Connecticut (or Temple if Connecticut goes elsewhere.) Regardless of BYU's current situation, they'll be fine as an independent. I doubt they ever go back to the Mountain West.

Divisions

West: Texas, Texas Tech, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Kansas, Kansas St, Iowa St
East: TCU, Houston, Memphis, Cincinnati, West Virginia, UCF, USF, Connecticut/Temple
08-10-2016 12:32 PM
RutgersGuy Offline
All American

(08-10-2016 12:31 PM)The Cutter of Bish Wrote:  I don't buy this. First, why the interchangeability of USF/UCF? They are two different schools. No way are school presidents like "uh, yeah, either one of those is fine ahead of that other school."

And in NO way is WVU and TCU a bloc with equal share as Oklahoma (with ISU and KU? Are you kidding me?! Those three could probably all go to the PAC or B1G) and Texas.

Geez, this is getting horrific. The need is 8/10, right? How do you get that with four groups? Shouldn't it be five?

Exactly! This whole thing is like a David St fever dream.
08-10-2016 12:35 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.