Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Bizarre Charles Manson connection here
Bookmark and Share
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
Bizarre Charles Manson connection here
Found out a lady I have worked with for years was a member of the Manson family!
After working with one of my closest employees for years, we were talking about our past lives and she told me that she was a member of the Manson family in 1968 thru early 69. One of most interesting conversations I have ever had in my life. She was a runaway and met Manson in San Francisco in the spring of 68. Joined them for a time and went AWOL from them in the spring of 69 when, according to her, things changed and got very scary. She was particularly close to Squeaky Fromm and Susan Adkins, one of the Tate killers.
She said she ran away from Spahn Ranch where the Manson cult lived and moved in with a friend in Hollywood. She said when the Tate-Labionca murders happened, she heard about it on the news and had a horrible feeling it was Manson and some of her friends. She heard that Manson had sent some of his followers to look for her so, scared to death, she hitch-hiked back to Memphis, which is where her mom and brother lived.
She's now in her early 60s and is just a super lady. Beautiful too, even for her age.
Anyway, you just never know what people go through in their younger years. I could listen to her stories for hours. Just fascinating stuff.
08-06-2016 10:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

oldmangrizz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: free love
RE: Bizarre Charles Manson connection here
I knew quite a few people there at that time. Probably no one connected to Manson, but I love talking to folks about those times in general. Those that are too young to remember it really have a hard time understanding what an awesome period that was. Those murders and Altamont really signalled the beginning of the end of that culture. Happy times if you were lucky enough to live it.
08-09-2016 10:43 AM
450bench Offline

I remember the Manson murders as a child and find the entire thing fascinating, yet obviously tragic.
08-09-2016 04:52 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(08-06-2016 10:30 PM)450bench Wrote:  Found out a lady I have worked with for years was a member of the Manson family!
After working with one of my closest employees for years, we were talking about our past lives and she told me that she was a member of the Manson family in 1968 thru early 69. One of most interesting conversations I have ever had in my life. She was a runaway and met Manson in San Francisco in the spring of 68. Joined them for a time and went AWOL from them in the spring of 69 when, according to her, things changed and got very scary. She was particularly close to Squeaky Fromm and Susan Adkins, one of the Tate killers.
She said she ran away from Spahn Ranch where the Manson cult lived and moved in with a friend in Hollywood. She said when the Tate-Labionca murders happened, she heard about it on the news and had a horrible feeling it was Manson and some of her friends. She heard that Manson had sent some of his followers to look for her so, scared to death, she hitch-hiked back to Memphis, which is where her mom and brother lived.
She's now in her early 60s and is just a super lady. Beautiful too, even for her age.
Anyway, you just never know what people go through in their younger years. I could listen to her stories for hours. Just fascinating stuff.

That's amazing. Scary.
08-09-2016 05:02 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
What a story that is!

My older brother attended the same school as Sharon Tate when we were stationed in Verona, Italy during the early sixties although she was about 6-7 years older than he. She was well known in Verona, she even had her picture on the cover of Stars and Stripes. She was an extra in the film Barabbas and one night my dad came home with several midget friends he made while they were filming and I recall them all talking about her. It was a surreal experience for me at age 7, I had never seen a midget and I saw some drunk ones that night.

It wasn't until we moved to Ft.Ord where my old man was at the Defense Language Institute at the Presidio in Monterey when I was 11 that we heard of her again. That whole tragedy captivated my attention, like many others of that era.
08-09-2016 05:09 PM
Advertisement

tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
So she snookered Manson?
08-09-2016 07:14 PM
450bench Offline

My co-worker said that when she left the Manson family, Manson sent a group to look for her. She moved in with an acquaintance in west Hollywood and couldn't even leave the apartment for a time she was so scared. Said Experience was fun until Manson became paranoid and spoke of violence.

I have some family that lived very close to the Tate house in Benedict Canyon. I love it out there.
08-09-2016 09:33 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(08-09-2016 09:33 PM)450bench Wrote:  My co-worker said that when she left the Manson family, Manson sent a group to look for her. She moved in with an acquaintance in west Hollywood and couldn't even leave the apartment for a time she was so scared. Said Experience was fun until Manson became paranoid and spoke of violence.

I have some family that lived very close to the Tate house in Benedict Canyon. I love it out there.

That is a beautiful area.
08-10-2016 01:35 PM
klg316 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Bryan Cranston grew up in the San Fernando Valley and he tells a story about a time when he crossed paths with Charles Manson horseback riding.
08-10-2016 06:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.