UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New 2018 Commits
WesternBlazer Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Exclamation New 2018 Commits
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 03:21 PM by WesternBlazer.)
08-04-2016 03:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Big Dee Offline
Banned

I Root For: The U, UaB
RE: New 2018 Commits
Goodness

Gotta find away to keep coach, and get him a good bump in pay.
08-04-2016 05:42 PM
ICB Offline
Heisman

Donating to Football Foundation will definitely help do the trick.
08-04-2016 06:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
homegrownheard Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Teague Lions
I am the father of these 2 young men and we are blessed to be apart of what's going on at UAB. Their junior season starts tonight and I hope we represent UAB well.
08-26-2016 11:22 AM
mobileblazer Offline
DadofTwins

(08-26-2016 11:22 AM)homegrownheard Wrote:  I am the father of these 2 young men and we are blessed to be apart of what's going on at UAB. Their junior season starts tonight and I hope we represent UAB well.

Congrats!
Welcome to the Blazer family!
08-26-2016 11:34 AM
BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

(08-26-2016 11:22 AM)homegrownheard Wrote:  I am the father of these 2 young men and we are blessed to be apart of what's going on at UAB. Their junior season starts tonight and I hope we represent UAB well.

Welcome to the Blazer Family! Best of luck to them this season.
08-26-2016 11:47 AM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Welcome to the family
08-26-2016 11:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
biglizard Offline
All American

I Root For:

We are so glad you joined our family!
08-26-2016 11:55 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Welcome to UAB & to the family.
08-26-2016 12:18 PM
Jball Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Welcome! Go Blazers!
08-26-2016 02:30 PM
BlazrDawg Offline
Heisman

I salute you and look forward to meeting you when your sons join us in Birmingham.
08-26-2016 03:08 PM
Advertisement

homegrownheard Offline
Water Engineer

This is a write up from the other teams newspaper

CALDWELL -- There were some high notes and some low notes, but Caldwell couldn't avoid that same sad song at the end of the night.

The Hornets traded punches with Teague early Friday night at Hornet Field before late miscues allowed the Lions to pull away for a 27-14 victory and hand Caldwell its sixth straight season-opening loss.

While Teague (1-0) might not have the same quality of team that hung 60 points on the Hornets (0-1) and went on to reach the Class 3A Division I state quarterfinals a year ago, Caldwell coach Bobby Jack Goforth was optimistic that Friday's more manageable loss was a sign of good things to come.

"That 60 points last year occurred in Week 4, so I feel like we're ahead of schedule," Goforth said. "We would have loved to win. We were basically the whole second half one play away from taking the lead. That's something we'll take from this game."

Brothers Antonio and Tyrese Heard stung the Hornets twice in the loss -- a 31-yard touchdown pass from Antonio to Tyrese to cap the game's first drive and a decisive 25-yard touchdown pass for the same combo in the third quarter that put the Lions up for good.

But Caldwell kept Teague's ground game under control to keep the game manageable. Despite giving up 123 rushing yards to the shifty Antonio Heard and 98 to Jacovy McWilliams, the Hornets disrupted the Lions' rushing attack enough to force Heard into a few bad passes, highlighted by interceptions by Domonique Chambers and Dalton Armstrong.

"Based off last year's game, one of our goals was to control the run more and try to force the ball outside and not get gashed up the middle," Goforth said. "For the most part, I think 98 percent of the time we were able to do that."

Caldwell answered Teague's opening score with a time-consuming drive that largely set the tone for its offensive performance the rest of the night -- two steps forward, one step back.

After an out-of-the-pocket pass by Chambers to Connor Hathaway went for 13 yards to the Lions' 16-yard line, Chambers -- who mixed in with starter Will Faust at quarterback -- was dropped for a 10-yard loss on the next play.

Faust then overthrew a receiver in the end zone before Devin Morris pulled in a one-handed grab over two defenders and fell into the end zone to even the score with 3:55 left in the first quarter.

Faust finished 14-for-24 passing for 179 yards as the Hornets tried to make up for an inconsistent rushing attack.

Xavier Williams gave Caldwell a 14-7 lead with a 7-yard TD run in the second quarter and paced the team with 21 carries for 75 yards, however the Hornets had just 77 yards as a team and averaged 2.5 yards per carry.

Teague came back to tie it on Jaylon Davis' 8-yard run in the second and pulled ahead on its first offensive drive of the second half with the Heard brothers' second touchdown.

The Lions finally added to their lead late in the fourth on a 14-yard run by Antonio Heard.

Caldwell seemed to find new life when Morris took off for a 65-yard catch before being brought down at the Teague 5 with less than four minutes to go. However the Hornets stalled again and turned it over on downs, cementing the game.

"We knew coming down here, playing the No. 19 team in 4A, on grass, season opener, plus we've got 12 starters that have never started before -- there was no doubt in my mind that we were going to come out here and be in a dogfight," Teague coach Donnie Osborn said. "I told the kids all week long. I said, 'It's going to be an absolute dogfight for the first half. I think in the second half we might get the advantage.' But it was going to be a dogfight."
Caldwell, which lost four of its first five last year before winning five of its last six and finishing second in District 11-3A Division II, continues next Friday at another regional power in Franklin.
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2016 10:02 AM by homegrownheard.)
08-27-2016 10:00 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Bobby Jack Goforth may just be the greatest high school football coach name ever

Sent from my XT1565 using CSNbbs mobile app
08-27-2016 10:43 AM
frenchbeef Offline
Special Teams

Welcome to BT, homegrownheard!

Very impressive start to the season for the Heard brothers! Found it interesting Antonio was the one tossing the TDs when I thought he was the WR. Appears these guys are just incredible athletes.
08-27-2016 11:13 AM
homegrownheard Offline
Water Engineer

(08-27-2016 11:13 AM)frenchbeef Wrote:  Welcome to BT, homegrownheard!

Very impressive start to the season for the Heard brothers! Found it interesting Antonio was the one tossing the TDs when I thought he was the WR. Appears these guys are just incredible athletes.

Antonio started at wr last year but played rb and qb also. He is the starting qb this year.
08-27-2016 11:22 AM
homegrownheard Offline
Water Engineer

Lions push through for Opening Win
Written by Scott Batts

The Teague Lions have enjoyed many opening night victories and they added another one with a 27-14 win on the road in Caldwell.  The Lions broke a 14-14 tie in the second half to capture the win. It truly was shots Heard around the world.  That is, Tyrese and Antonio Heard.  They connected on the first touchdown of the game on a 31-yard pass play.  They would hook up later to become the dynamic duo for the Lions on opening night. The Hornets would match Teague with a time consuming drive and tie the score just under the four-minute mark.  Quarterback Will Faust, making his first start for the Hornets, overthrew his intended receiver but Devin Morris was in the right place and caught the pass for the score. Caldwell took the lead in the first half with a seven yard run from Xavier Williams.  He was seeing action in the Hornet backfield with the absence of leading rusher Chambers.  Williams had 21 carries for 75 yards on the night. Teague tied the score on a Jaylon Davis eight yard run and the teams headed to the field house tied at 14-14. The Heards connected again on the first possession of the second half on a 25-yard pass and took the lead for good.  Antonio Heard scored on a quarterback keeper late in the fourth with a 14 yard run to seal the victory. The usually air attack offense for the Lions favored the run game with 41 carries for 269 and only 61 passing. Antonio Heard had 15 carries for 123 yards and Jacovy McWilliams added 98 yards on 13 carries.  Tyrese Heard caught two of the four completed passes for 56 yards, both of them going for touchdowns. The Teague Lions return home for their home opener and will expect a large crowd when they host the Mexia Blackcats.  Mexia got their first win in opening night with a win over the Athens Hornets 29-7.  Game time is set for a 7:30 p.m. kickoff.
09-02-2016 05:33 PM
Advertisement

Jball Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(09-02-2016 05:33 PM)homegrownheard Wrote:  Lions push through for Opening Win
Written by Scott Batts

The Teague Lions have enjoyed many opening night victories and they added another one with a 27-14 win on the road in Caldwell.  The Lions broke a 14-14 tie in the second half to capture the win. It truly was shots Heard around the world.  That is, Tyrese and Antonio Heard.  They connected on the first touchdown of the game on a 31-yard pass play.  They would hook up later to become the dynamic duo for the Lions on opening night. The Hornets would match Teague with a time consuming drive and tie the score just under the four-minute mark.  Quarterback Will Faust, making his first start for the Hornets, overthrew his intended receiver but Devin Morris was in the right place and caught the pass for the score. Caldwell took the lead in the first half with a seven yard run from Xavier Williams.  He was seeing action in the Hornet backfield with the absence of leading rusher Chambers.  Williams had 21 carries for 75 yards on the night. Teague tied the score on a Jaylon Davis eight yard run and the teams headed to the field house tied at 14-14. The Heards connected again on the first possession of the second half on a 25-yard pass and took the lead for good.  Antonio Heard scored on a quarterback keeper late in the fourth with a 14 yard run to seal the victory. The usually air attack offense for the Lions favored the run game with 41 carries for 269 and only 61 passing. Antonio Heard had 15 carries for 123 yards and Jacovy McWilliams added 98 yards on 13 carries.  Tyrese Heard caught two of the four completed passes for 56 yards, both of them going for touchdowns. The Teague Lions return home for their home opener and will expect a large crowd when they host the Mexia Blackcats.  Mexia got their first win in opening night with a win over the Athens Hornets 29-7.  Game time is set for a 7:30 p.m. kickoff.

Thanks for the updates!
09-02-2016 06:24 PM
homegrownheard Offline
Water Engineer

A little something from Friday night.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5689945/57cc...3e38c6eab4
09-04-2016 04:27 PM
KevMo4UAB Online
#FreeUAB

(09-04-2016 04:27 PM)homegrownheard Wrote:  A little something from Friday night.

Wow!!!

Also, the quality of the video is quite good.
09-04-2016 04:40 PM
Jball Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(09-04-2016 04:27 PM)homegrownheard Wrote:  A little something from Friday night.

Excited!
09-04-2016 05:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.