Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ND also announced partnership with Bleacher Report today
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
ND also announced a partnership with Bleacher Report today.

Notre Dame announced a social media partnership with Bleacher Report on Thursday, which will grant the website behind-the-scenes access to the Irish football program during the 2016 season.

A year after partnering with Showtime for its series “A Season With,” the Irish will again give unprecedented access to film and distribute content of “practice, locker room, game day activities, home and away games, travel, academic classrooms and a wide array of student and campus life.”

"Bleacher Report is an industry leader in developing creative, high quality content with fans and we're looking forward to sharing our unique story through its vibrant platform," Kelly said in a statement. "Notre Dame is an institution with an unrivaled national following and this is an incredible way to reach them all, including a new wave of young fans."

Bleacher Report is a digital media company based in San Francisco. It is owned by Turner Sports. Bleacher Report's founder and CEO Dave Finocchio is a 2005 Notre Dame grad.

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/notre-...her-report
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 11:05 AM by TerryD.)
08-04-2016 11:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
RE: ND also announced partnership with Bleacher Report today
It is not considered a creditable source by many people Terry. 07-coffee3
08-04-2016 11:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(08-04-2016 11:14 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  It is not considered a creditable source by many people Terry. 07-coffee3

That was before it got affiliated with CNN. Now that CNN owns it, the Bleacher Report is very credible now.
08-04-2016 11:30 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

"A year after partnering with Showtime for its series “A Season With,” the Irish will again give unprecedented access to film and distribute content of “practice, locker room, game day activities, home and away games, travel, academic classrooms and a wide array of student and campus life.”

The release also states that Bleacher Report will produce “compelling human drama pieces, player interviews, features, scripted humor skits and powerful social visuals.”

Details are sketchy, but it seems that BR will provide video content as well..see the "film and distribute content" quote above.

Again, with the ACC Network deal, I wonder how ND is granting digital media and live streaming access deals to Facebook and Bleacher Report , especially with ND getting a full ACC Network revenue share ?
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 11:46 AM by TerryD.)
08-04-2016 11:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(08-04-2016 11:45 AM)TerryD Wrote:  "A year after partnering with Showtime for its series “A Season With,” the Irish will again give unprecedented access to film and distribute content of “practice, locker room, game day activities, home and away games, travel, academic classrooms and a wide array of student and campus life.”

The release also states that Bleacher Report will produce “compelling human drama pieces, player interviews, features, scripted humor skits and powerful social visuals.”

Details are sketchy, but it seems that BR will provide video content as well..see the "film and distribute content" quote above.

Again, with the ACC Network deal, I wonder how ND is granting digital media and live streaming access deals to Facebook and Bleacher Report , especially with ND getting a full ACC Network revenue share ?

I thought/assumed that Notre Dame retained rights to football and ice hockey, so maybe these projects will be limited to those sports only? Really just guessing... OTOH, the ACC Digital Network will continue to produce shows like these, so maybe it has nothing to do with ESPN at all?
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 01:22 PM by Hokie Mark.)
08-04-2016 01:22 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

(08-04-2016 11:30 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 11:14 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  It is not considered a creditable source by many people Terry. 07-coffee3

That was before it got affiliated with CNN. Now that CNN owns it, the Bleacher Report is very credible now.

Thanks, I did not know that. I wrote that site off years ago. 04-cheers
08-04-2016 02:08 PM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

CNN is not considered a very credible source by many people, cuseroc. 07-coffee3
08-04-2016 02:56 PM
Advertisement

domer1978 Offline
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
(08-04-2016 02:56 PM)L-yes Wrote:  

CNN is not considered a very credible source by many people, cuseroc. 07-coffee3

[Image: giphy.gif]
08-04-2016 03:25 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
Now that there is some definition to the ACC network and what Notre Dame's long term responsibilities are to the ACC and ESPN, the Irish are trying to maximize their exposure in an attempt to make themselves relevant again.
08-04-2016 03:32 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

(08-04-2016 03:32 PM)XLance Wrote:  Now that there is some definition to the ACC network and what Notre Dame's long term responsibilities are to the ACC and ESPN, the Irish are trying to maximize their exposure in an attempt to make themselves relevant again.

05-stirthepot Just like Texas is doing to the Big 12. 07-coffee3
08-04-2016 03:45 PM
Advertisement

TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-04-2016 03:32 PM)XLance Wrote:  Now that there is some definition to the ACC network and what Notre Dame's long term responsibilities are to the ACC and ESPN, the Irish are trying to maximize their exposure in an attempt to make themselves relevant again.

Again? Lol.

"Notre Dame and the ACC announced their limited partnership in September 2012. Since, the Fighting Irish have:

Reached back-to-back NCAA men’s basketball tournament Elite Eights for the first time since 1978 and ’79; advanced to a pair of women’s basketball NCAA finals; won the 2013 national men’s soccer championship; played in consecutive men’s lacrosse Final Fours; [b]won seven conference titles.'.

"Absent Notre Dame, there might not well be an ACC Network. Its name was a driving force in ESPN exploring the project, a development that quickly led to the conference’s 2013 grant of media rights, which bound members to the league through 2027 – the grant has since been extended through 2036."

"Also understand that since the Irish began ACC competition in 2013-14, the conference’s guaranteed television revenue has increased 48.6 percent, from $146.6 million to $217.9 million. Not all of that is attributable to Notre Dame, but its presence sure helped."

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-bl...-post.html

In football, ND went 12-0 in the 2012 regular season and went to the title game.

Last year, it went 10-2 (with both of its losses being by two points each on the road against Top 5 schools) and qualified for a New Year's Six bowl game.

ND is 39-13 the past 4 seasons in football.

Right now, ND is sitting at #7 in Rivals recruiting ranking for this year (2017) and #2 for 2018.

ND is currently investing $450 million in a stadium renovation/addition project and has its own network TV contract in football (NBC) and hockey (NBC Sports).

Man, not bad for an "irrelevant" program. I hope that one day it will be as relevant as North Carolina....and not for academic fraud, neither.

P.S. ND today declared its 5 star tight end Alize Jones academically ineligible for 2016 by its own standards, although he is still eligible under NCAA regulations.

In other words, he would still be playing at just about every other school.

No fake courses for players at ND........
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 04:10 PM by TerryD.)
08-04-2016 04:06 PM
domer1978 Offline
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
(08-04-2016 04:06 PM)TerryD Wrote:  

Again? Lol.

"Notre Dame and the ACC announced their limited partnership in September 2012. Since, the Fighting Irish have:

Reached back-to-back NCAA men’s basketball tournament Elite Eights for the first time since 1978 and ’79; advanced to a pair of women’s basketball NCAA finals; won the 2013 national men’s soccer championship; played in consecutive men’s lacrosse Final Fours; [b]won seven conference titles.'.

"Absent Notre Dame, there might not well be an ACC Network. Its name was a driving force in ESPN exploring the project, a development that quickly led to the conference’s 2013 grant of media rights, which bound members to the league through 2027 – the grant has since been extended through 2036."

"Also understand that since the Irish began ACC competition in 2013-14, the conference’s guaranteed television revenue has increased 48.6 percent, from $146.6 million to $217.9 million. Not all of that is attributable to Notre Dame, but its presence sure helped."

In football, ND went 12-0 in the 2012 regular season and went to the title game.

Last year, it went 10-2 (with both of its losses being by two points each on the road against Top 5 schools) and qualified for a New Year's Six bowl game.

Right now, ND is sitting at #7 in Rivals recruiting ranking for this year (2017) and #2 for 2018.

ND is currently investing $450 million in a stadium renovation/addition project and has its own network TV contract in football (NBC) and hockey (NBC Sports).

Man, not bad for an "irrelevant" program. I hope that one day it will be as relevant as North Carolina....and not for academic fraud, neither.

P.S. ND today declared its 5 star tight end Alize Jones academically ineligible for 2016 by its own standards, although he is still eligible under NCAA regulations.

He served that one up and you took the bait.
08-04-2016 06:02 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-04-2016 06:02 PM)domer1978 Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 04:06 PM)TerryD Wrote:  

Again? Lol.

He served that one up and you took the bait.

I know. But it felt good.
08-04-2016 07:05 PM
Advertisement

XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
03-cloud9
08-04-2016 08:02 PM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

Are there any credible news services left?
08-05-2016 08:21 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

(08-05-2016 08:21 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  

Are there any credible news services left?

No, just "Yellow Journalism"! 07-coffee3
08-05-2016 11:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.