Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2016 RBs
Bookmark and Share
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
2016 RBs
No, I'm not a professional writer. Hey it was great watching Darius Jackson last year. Fortunately for us, the cupboard isn't bare with 5'10,213 sophomore Shaq Vann who had 100 rushing attempts for 586 yards and 5 TDs and also was a solid receiver with 37 catches for 264 yards and 1 TD. EMU ran tandem RBs from time to time last year so who will join Vann? Will it be oft injured sophomore Ian Erickson 5'10, 206 who only played on special teams last year? Blake Banham a 5'10, 185 sophomore who 27 yards rushing and 28 yards receiving last year/
Breck Turner who had a solid spring game, a 6'1, 202 redshirt freshman who came high rated by recruiting services? Willie Parker, a greyshirt true frosh at 5'10,185 who was hurt for spring practice but appears to have great jet outside speed? We also have Alec Hullibarger a 6'0, 205 sophomore and a high school teammate of DE Harris. Lavonte Robinson at 5'8, 237 is the blocking fullback this year who did very well on special teams.

We have one verbal so far in Knox who looks like a good one, probably need to take one more RB in the 2017 class.

We have an excellent starter at one back, depth is unproven if Vann gets hurt.

I'll be back Thursday with the WRs and TEs.
08-02-2016 11:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
RE: 2016 RBs
I think EMU will be looking to take advantage of the talented RBs and a veteran OL. I predict they'll be be very good in the run game. I would not be surprised if Vann runs for over a thousand yards.
08-02-2016 11:34 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(08-02-2016 11:34 AM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  I think EMU will be looking to take advantage of the talented RBs and a veteran OL. I predict they'll be be very good in the run game. I would not be surprised if Vann runs for over a thousand yards.

This seems to be the M.O. (modus operandi) for EMU each year now:

Good running from a feature back but passing: Who knows...
08-02-2016 01:20 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(08-02-2016 01:20 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 11:34 AM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  I think EMU will be looking to take advantage of the talented RBs and a veteran OL. I predict they'll be be very good in the run game. I would not be surprised if Vann runs for over a thousand yards.

DeBoer hasn't done much to inspire confidence to this point in his tenure.

WR an obvious huge question mark this season, but he needs to figure out a way to work around that deficiency one way or another.
08-02-2016 08:37 PM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
It will Friday for WRs and TEs.

The offense did show improvement last year from CC's first year.
08-03-2016 03:09 AM
Huron Boy Offline
2nd String

(08-02-2016 08:37 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  

WR an obvious huge question mark this season, but he needs to figure out a way to work around that deficiency one way or another.

Um, yeah...... I'm going to have to disagree (in my best Office Space/Bill Lumbergh voice).

This offense is significantly better than three years ago. We still need improvement in the passing game, but I at least think the offense can operate and score. Need to upgrade this year, especially WR, no doubt.
08-03-2016 09:55 AM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(08-03-2016 09:55 AM)Huron Boy Wrote:  

Um, yeah...... I'm going to have to disagree (in my best Office Space/Bill Lumbergh voice).

This offense is significantly better than three years ago. We still need improvement in the passing game, but I at least think the offense can operate and score. Need to upgrade this year, especially WR, no doubt.

Wasn't around 3 years ago, so I'm sure you're right. My point was based on the observation that the offense actually got worse as the year went on.

Hopefully Roback, DeBoer, and the veteran OL really step up and lead this thing. The early schedule should help.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2016 10:47 AM by EagleTough.)
08-03-2016 10:32 AM
Huron Boy Offline
2nd String

(08-03-2016 10:32 AM)EagleTough Wrote:  
(08-03-2016 09:55 AM)Huron Boy Wrote:  

Wasn't around 3 years ago, so I'm sure you're right. My point was based on the observation that the offense actually got worse as the year went on.

Hopefully Roback, DeBoer, and the veteran OL really step up and lead this thing. The early schedule should help.

Agree. OL injuries hurt at the end of last year. Team depth has improved, but we're still far from adequate.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2016 11:00 AM by Huron Boy.)
08-03-2016 10:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.