RE: Big XII TV partners push back on expansion
Well, that sucks.
08-01-2016 08:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TIGER7880 Offline
Wahoowa Mourning Society

I Root For: Free Beer
Fox and ESPN don't want to pay out the extra millions if the Big 12 expands.
08-01-2016 09:03 AM
KnoxTiger Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
The TV partners agreed to the pro rata increases in its rights fees. They have nothing to complain about.
80sTiger Offline
Why Am I Stuck on 'Water Engineer' ?

I refuse to support a different thread for this LOL
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2016 09:04 AM by 80sTiger.)
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
they can push back all they want, but it is out of their hands.
08-01-2016 09:21 AM
Advertisement

billards06 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis
(08-01-2016 09:03 AM)KnoxTiger Wrote:  The TV partners agreed to the pro rata increases in its rights fees. They have nothing to complain about.
The out they may have is that the teams they add must meet a power 5 profile..meaning if they added a Nebraska or UCLA no problem but a Memphis/Cincy/Houston/byu that is debatable.
08-01-2016 09:23 AM
Tygrys Offline
Heisman

(08-01-2016 09:03 AM)KnoxTiger Wrote:  The TV partners agreed to the pro rata increases in its rights fees. They have nothing to complain about.

They can "dig their heels in" all they want, at the end of the day they signed the contract for a pro rata increase... They have no leg to stand on.
08-01-2016 09:23 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(08-01-2016 09:23 AM)billards06 Wrote:  
The out they may have is that the teams they add must meet a power 5 profile..meaning if they added a Nebraska or UCLA no problem but a Memphis/Cincy/Houston/byu that is debatable.

that profile would have to be spelled out specifically, no?
08-01-2016 09:25 AM
Tygrys Offline
Heisman

(08-01-2016 09:23 AM)billards06 Wrote:  

I highly doubt that is the case being that that sort of verbiage has not been mentioned one time by anybody.
08-01-2016 09:25 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
So both the democrats AND republicans hate us?
08-01-2016 09:27 AM
Advertisement

heyradio Offline
2nd String

Someone neglected to tell them this was done 18 months ago. Can we get them access to the $80 message board?
08-01-2016 09:38 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
(08-01-2016 09:38 AM)heyradio Wrote:  Someone neglected to tell them this was done 18 months ago. Can we get them access to the $80 message board?

Or at least the free photoshop board
08-01-2016 09:40 AM
Mempho76 Offline
1st String

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Wait a minute..

you're telling me there is a $80 messageboard with all the answers?
08-01-2016 09:41 AM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
(08-01-2016 09:41 AM)Mempho76 Wrote:  Wait a minute..

$80 gets you access to good posters and insiders. You'd have known about Memphis being a lock to the b12 18 months ago. Steal of a deal.
08-01-2016 09:48 AM
BadGolfer Offline
Water Engineer

ESPN has too much power and influence. I do not see it working to keep them from expanding. That is not ESPN and Fox's call to make. They will have to negotiate if they want a new deal. All it will do is burn bridges in my opinion (if things go bad). However, what it can do (and I think this is their primary motivation) is cause Oklahoma and Texas to increase their interests in moving to a different conference or going to independent status. However, I could be wrong if both schools aren't moving, no matter what, for another 8 years or so. But I can't blame ESPN and Fox for playing their hand. The Big XII must dig their heels in as well.
08-01-2016 09:49 AM
Advertisement

FUT Offline
Banned

I Root For: clarity
[Image: latest?cb=20100523172400]
08-01-2016 09:52 AM
billards06 Offline
2nd String

(08-01-2016 09:49 AM)BadGolfer Wrote:  ESPN has too much power and influence. I do not see it working to keep them from expanding. That is not ESPN and Fox's call to make. They will have to negotiate if they want a new deal. All it will do is burn bridges in my opinion (if things go bad). However, what it can do (and I think this is their primary motivation) is cause Oklahoma and Texas to increase their interests in moving to a different conference or going to independent status. However, I could be wrong if both schools aren't moving, no matter what, for another 8 years or so. But I can't blame ESPN and Fox for playing their hand. The Big XII must dig their heels in as well.
True.if ESPN/FOX don't won't expansion it will NOT happen..B12 does not have a position of power to negotiate as they don't have any options to push ESPN/FOX..it's not like they can say we will go to NBC if you don't. ESPN is college football
08-01-2016 09:57 AM
PickwickTiger Offline
Bench Warmer

(08-01-2016 09:48 AM)tiger2000 Wrote:  
(08-01-2016 09:41 AM)Mempho76 Wrote:  Wait a minute..

$80 gets you access to good posters and insiders. You'd have known about Memphis being a lock to the b12 18 months ago. Steal of a deal.

$80, gets you reasonable, responsible, mature posters who share ideas and post and who absolutely, positively had more than inside information, the board has the "sources" themselves that choose to share the information. It's a site where people can have extremely well versed conversation around all topics regarding the Tigers with lots of topics that are shared and requested not be shared outside of the board for obvious reasons.

You can discuss all you want about 18 months ago, which is now much longer and all that you don't know - but just because you "don't know it" doesn't mean it doesn't exist or didn't happen.

You can debate all of these topics, it really doesn't matter - the fact that some people wanted to share this information ahead of time and share the fact it was know a long time ago, which should be "fantastic" if you are a true tiger fan to know what others in the B12 thought about us ahead of time, a long time ago was so positive, yet the negativity is nothing short of amazing to me and it all seems to come from the fact that some of the posters, not all, do not have any insight so their assumption is that "everyone" does not have the actual knowledge of what is happening - instead of enjoying the ride.

If you didn't anticipate the TV networks to just say "OK", here is the extra money, then I am sorry you are not versed in traditional day to day economics of the times and negotiations. It happens every day, they knew what was coming and it's all a game, it's all planned, the timing of everything is planned on everyone's side.

All I know is that we have the smartest people at the table.

1) The B12 did announce they are expanding, when some here that I remember here who specifically went out of their way to attack those that stated the expansion and all of the media absolutely stated they would not expand.
2) There is still doubt Memphis is going to get in
3) There is doubt that Memphis is actually the #1 pick and has been - it's been under the radar for a very strategic reason like all things Memphis these days - by design
4) Pastner is not here and we did not have to payout his entire contract, by design not by luck
5) We hired a B12 Coach...hmmmm makes you think a little bit doesn't it

Why not just enjoy the ride, don't pay attention to any of the media, remember they all stated up to the day of the Presidents' meeting that the B12 was not expanding.

The B12 is expanding, Memphis is included - in fact we are the #1 choice because of our overall package.

There is nothing wrong with being happy right now and enjoying the ride instead of being unhappy and miserable just because you do not have first hand information what has been happening and will happen.

It's ok, just be happy and enjoy the ride.
08-01-2016 10:03 AM
HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS
(08-01-2016 10:03 AM)PickwickTiger Wrote:  You can debate all of these topics, it really doesn't matter - the fact that some people wanted to share this information ahead of time and share the fact it was know a long time ago, which should be "fantastic" if you are a true tiger fan to know what others in the B12 thought about us ahead of time, a long time ago was so positive, yet the negativity is nothing short of amazing to me and it all seems to come from the fact that some of the posters, not all, do not have any insight so their assumption is that "everyone" does not have the actual knowledge of what is happening - instead of enjoying the ride.

[Image: huh_5676460382.jpg]
08-01-2016 10:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.