Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: How many teams do you forsee the AAC losing?
[Show Results]

"Views: From top to bottom, NIU Athletics not ready for jump to AAC"
acc4life Offline
Banned

I Root For: Yo Momma
Exclamation "Views: From top to bottom, NIU Athletics not ready for jump to AAC"
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2016 04:01 AM by acc4life.)
07-28-2016 02:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
RE: According to NIU AD, NIU Athletics is not ready for jump to AAC...
Nice clickbait title... the article says our AD made the (correct) claim that we are not ready for a jump to the B12. Our AD has actually been in touch with AAC brass to join quite frequently lately. The speculating about the AAC was done by a hack beat writer who is a former oregon st alumni who just started writing for NIU less than a few months ago. Not the best source for what the athletic department thinks of NIU's jumping chances...

And if we had no shot at the AAC, why would they have vetted us already? Why are AAC admins coming to the Chitown Showdown as guests of our AD? and why have others on social media linked us as an AAC backfill candidate and noticed the signs as well?

Did you even read the article? Your post reeks of someone just wanting to trash a school you're not keen on joining the AAC...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2016 02:17 AM by Stay Cool.)
07-28-2016 02:10 AM
acc4life Offline
Banned

RE: From top to bottom, NIU Athletics is not ready for jump to AAC...
(07-28-2016 02:10 AM)Stay Cool Wrote:  Nice clickbait title... the article says our AD made the (correct) claim that we are not ready for a jump to the B12. Our AD has actually been in touch with AAC brass to join quite frequently lately. The speculating about the AAC was done by a hack beat writer who is a former oregon st alumni who just started writing for NIU less than a few months ago. Not the best source for what the athletic department thinks of NIU's jumping chances...

And if we had no shot at the AAC, why would they have vetted us already? Why are AAC admins coming to the Chitown Showdown as guests of our AD? and why have others on social media linked us as an AAC backfill candidate and noticed the signs as well?

Did you even read the article? Your post reeks of someone just wanting to trash a school you're not keen on joining the AAC...

Originally, the title read, "NIU Athletic Director says NIU Athletics is not ready for jump to AAC." It seems to have changed since I first read it, as has my thread title. My apologies for the discrepancy.

"Published: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 7:08 p.m. CDT • Updated: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 11:27 p.m. CDT"
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2016 04:02 AM by acc4life.)
07-28-2016 02:35 AM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

Still the opinion of one hack beat writer who isn't even an alma mater and has been covering the school for less than a year. Nothing to see here folks...

07-28-2016 02:37 AM
acc4life Offline
Banned

(07-28-2016 02:37 AM)Stay Cool Wrote:  Still the opinion of one hack beat writer who isn't even an alma mater and has been covering the school for less than a year. Nothing to see here folks...

Yes, small time reporters are often uninformed, but don't take it out on me. When I read the article earlier (after doing a search on "AAC News") it was titled the way I originally posted it. When I looked it up later to post the article on here, I simply copied the URL and didn't notice the change in title. NIU has a solid football program, as does USM, you just don't have the money yet. Since I apologized for the oversight on my part, do you think you could possibly take your rep comment down, seeing as it is not an accurate depiction of said events? Thank you in advance...
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2016 02:47 AM by acc4life.)
07-28-2016 02:46 AM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

If it was an actual oversight, then my apologies as well.

07-28-2016 03:01 AM
Advertisement

acc4life Offline
Banned

(07-28-2016 03:01 AM)Stay Cool Wrote:  If it was an actual oversight, then my apologies as well.

It truly was and I appreciate your level of maturation about the issue at hand, considering this is the internet and everyone acts like an ass when a degree of anonymity is involved. Look, as much as I talk about realignment, I fricking hate it just as much as everyone else; it destroyed decent regional conferences and is ruining the individual collegiate football experience. Long gone are those awesome Thursday night ESPN Big East football showdowns and, unfortunately, for your conference, the same fate shall befall your MACtion Thursday night shootouts, which were highly entertaining and reminded me of the good old Big East days of lore.
07-28-2016 03:14 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
RE: "Views: From top to bottom, NIU Athletics not ready for jump to AAC"
(07-28-2016 03:14 AM)acc4life Wrote:  
(07-28-2016 03:01 AM)Stay Cool Wrote:  If it was an actual oversight, then my apologies as well.

It truly was and I appreciate your level of maturation about the issue at hand, considering this is the internet and everyone acts like an ass when a degree of anonymity is involved. Look, as much as I talk about realignment, I fricking hate it just as much as everyone else; it destroyed decent regional conferences and is ruining the individual collegiate football experience. Long gone are those awesome Thursday night ESPN Big East football showdowns and, unfortunately, for your conference, the same fate shall befall your MACtion Thursday night shootouts, which were highly entertaining and reminded me of the good old Big East days of lore.

MACaction Games are Tuesday/Wednesday nights..
07-28-2016 08:03 AM
Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
I agree that NIU has some work to do on facilities ect.

That is why I advocate taking NIU FB only to give their program time to develop.

I do feel its time for the AAC to look Midwest for members if they want to position themselves as the G5 conference for the East. Right now the MAC has a lock down on the Midwest at the G5 level.
07-28-2016 08:42 AM
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
The AAC has vetted over a dozen teams... it doesnt mean anything. If we lose 2, theres a very good chance we stay at 10. If we lose one or 3, theres a good chance we only add 1 and the first offer will go to Army.... and then well be talking to anybody in the MWC first.

I like NIU but theyre down the list.
07-28-2016 08:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
malenko2 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Temple
(07-28-2016 08:49 AM)mtmedlin Wrote:  The AAC has vetted over a dozen teams... it doesnt mean anything. If we lose 2, theres a very good chance we stay at 10. If we lose one or 3, theres a good chance we only add 1 and the first offer will go to Army.... and then well be talking to anybody in the MWC first.

Mtmedlin is completely accurate. Hopefully army accepts.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2016 09:17 AM by malenko2.)
07-28-2016 09:17 AM
Advertisement

FlyHawk98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
Not going to lie, this article made my day haha.

Truth hurts and I'm sure NIU fans are having a hard time handling the truth.

Heck, the article is actually pretty nice. It doesn't go into detail about how pitiful the NIU attendance actually is or any of that.
07-28-2016 05:35 PM
vcoog Offline
All American

I Root For: UH
(07-28-2016 02:37 AM)Stay Cool Wrote:  Still the opinion of one hack beat writer who isn't even an alma mater and has been covering the school for less than a year. Nothing to see here folks...

alumnus. The Alma mater is the school itself.
07-28-2016 06:21 PM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

(07-28-2016 06:21 PM)vcoog Wrote:  

My apologies, you are correct. Was a bit heated when writing

07-28-2016 06:22 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:

alumnus with a period? lol

Isn't a message board a sacred place that people can write in ebonics if they want to? We're not drafting proposals. Sometimes the words come out differently when you're just stringing ideas together, mate. It's just the informal nature of the medium.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2016 06:28 PM by BigEastHomer.)
07-28-2016 06:28 PM
acc4life Offline
Banned

(07-28-2016 06:28 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  

alumnus with a period? lol

Isn't a message board a sacred place that people can write in ebonics if they want to? We're not drafting proposals. Sometimes the words come out differently when you're just stringing ideas together, mate. It's just the informal nature of the medium.

Appropriate syntax would have included capitalization of the letter "a" in the word "alumnus" and quotation marks as well. lol/jp
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2016 06:33 PM by acc4life.)
07-28-2016 06:32 PM
Advertisement

Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
"Views: From top to bottom, NIU Athletics not ready for jump to AAC"
Wow you actually quoted yourself
07-28-2016 07:27 PM
acc4life Offline
Banned

(07-28-2016 07:27 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  Wow you actually quoted yourself

If you knew anything about grammar and syntax, you would know that, since I was discussing words used by another poster in another post, said words need to be in quotations; as does the letter "a," since it is also being referenced.

If you are referring to the thread title:

I put quotes on the thread title, because I had an issue with Stay Cool earlier and wanted to make sure no one was confused that the thread title was my own wording or sentiment.

Try harder, PonyBoy.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2016 07:44 PM by acc4life.)
07-28-2016 07:30 PM
First Mate Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
(07-28-2016 02:05 AM)acc4life Wrote:  http://www.daily-chronicle.com/2016/07/2...c/az8sw90/

I agree. NIU is not ready.
07-28-2016 07:34 PM
Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
(07-28-2016 09:17 AM)malenko2 Wrote:  
(07-28-2016 08:49 AM)mtmedlin Wrote:  The AAC has vetted over a dozen teams... it doesnt mean anything. If we lose 2, theres a very good chance we stay at 10. If we lose one or 3, theres a good chance we only add 1 and the first offer will go to Army.... and then well be talking to anybody in the MWC first.

Mtmedlin is completely accurate. Hopefully army accepts.

I'd be surprised if the AAC stays at 10 when it could gain some MARKETZ by going back up to 12.

The size of those MWC markets are tiny compared to the ones in the Midwest.

Realize the BE/AAC started adding members in TX because it had Cincinnati, Louisville and Pitt to cover the Midwest. Then with the TV deal on shaky ground it was forced to bring in Tulsa to help ensure the western members come on board to the conference. The AAC has stabilized so it could once again bring in a Midwest grouping.
07-28-2016 07:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.