Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pelosi Tells Clinton To Stop Playing The Women Card…
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Pelosi Tells Clinton To Stop Playing The Women Card…
[Image: Hillary_Clinton_Nancy_Pelosi_001_768x402.jpg]

Flying pig alert.

Quote:…But evading the question, to some extent, is the point: When you get to the rarified level she and Clinton inhabit, you’ve got to invent a new lexicon for discussing gender in politics – much as Obama tried to do with race in his presidential campaigns. You need to talk about it without quite talking about it.

“I don’t think that any woman should be asked to vote for someone because she’s a woman, and that– because the candidate is a woman,” Pelosi said.

“When I was running for leadership, the last thing I would say to my whips [was], ‘Do not ever say to anybody it’s time for us to have a woman in the leadership,’ because that’s the least important selling point,” she said, going on to offer some unsolicited advice: “In terms of Hillary Clinton and this election, I think that the attitude that … you should vote for her because she’s a woman and you’re a woman is not a good selling point. And I think that turns some people off.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/na...men-226233
07-27-2016 10:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
RE: Pelosi Tells Clinton To Stop Playing The Women Card…
Pelosi is probably pi$$ed that Bill never hit on her.
07-27-2016 10:33 AM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-27-2016 10:33 AM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  Pelosi is probably pi$$ed that Bill never hit on her.

Or Hillary....
07-27-2016 10:35 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(07-27-2016 10:31 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  [Image: Hillary_Clinton_Nancy_Pelosi_001_768x402.jpg]

Flying pig alert.

Quote:…But evading the question, to some extent, is the point: When you get to the rarified level she and Clinton inhabit, you’ve got to invent a new lexicon for discussing gender in politics – much as Obama tried to do with race in his presidential campaigns. You need to talk about it without quite talking about it.

“I don’t think that any woman should be asked to vote for someone because she’s a woman, and that– because the candidate is a woman,” Pelosi said.

“When I was running for leadership, the last thing I would say to my whips [was], ‘Do not ever say to anybody it’s time for us to have a woman in the leadership,’ because that’s the least important selling point,” she said, going on to offer some unsolicited advice: “In terms of Hillary Clinton and this election, I think that the attitude that … you should vote for her because she’s a woman and you’re a woman is not a good selling point. And I think that turns some people off.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/na...men-226233

Amazed. Even Pelosi has more sense than Hillary.
07-27-2016 10:57 AM
Advertisement

vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
It's sound advice. But that card will get played from the bottom of the deck regardless in the run up to the elections.
07-27-2016 11:00 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(07-27-2016 11:00 AM)vandiver49 Wrote:  It's sound advice. But that card will get played from the bottom of the deck regardless in the run up to the elections.

Well she can't run on competence or integrity or being someone you can trust or someone who understands the little guy. Got to find some reason for somebody to vote for her.
07-27-2016 11:02 AM
Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Quote:"This is a historic moment – for the Congress, and for the women of this country. It is a moment for which we have waited more than 200 years. Never losing faith, we waited through the many years of struggle to achieve our rights. But women weren't just waiting; women were working. Never losing faith, we worked to redeem the promise of America, that all men and women are created equal. For our daughters and granddaughters, today, we have broken the marble ceiling. For our daughters and our granddaughters, the sky is the limit, anything is possible for them"

Nancy Pelosi during her speech after being sworn in as the 1st female Speaker of the House.

Next.
07-27-2016 11:03 AM
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-27-2016 11:03 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  
Quote:"This is a historic moment – for the Congress, and for the women of this country. It is a moment for which we have waited more than 200 years. Never losing faith, we waited through the many years of struggle to achieve our rights. But women weren't just waiting; women were working. Never losing faith, we worked to redeem the promise of America, that all men and women are created equal. For our daughters and granddaughters, today, we have broken the marble ceiling. For our daughters and our granddaughters, the sky is the limit, anything is possible for them"

Nancy Pelosi during her speech after being sworn in as the 1st female Speaker of the House.

Next.

Great find.
07-27-2016 11:10 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
Good for Pelosi.
07-27-2016 11:23 AM
Stick4489 Offline
Gaseous Clay

I Root For: The Herd

CrappiesCrappies
(07-27-2016 10:31 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  “I don’t think that any woman should be asked to vote for someone because she’s a woman, and that– because the candidate is a woman,” Pelosi said.

Meanwhile, she paraded all the Dem women in Congress across the stage to shill for the woman.

[Image: 20810398-standard.jpg]

01-lauramac2
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2016 11:34 AM by Stick4489.)
07-27-2016 11:33 AM
Advertisement

vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

(07-27-2016 11:02 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(07-27-2016 11:00 AM)vandiver49 Wrote:  It's sound advice. But that card will get played from the bottom of the deck regardless in the run up to the elections.

Well she can't run on competence or integrity or being someone you can trust or someone who understands the little guy. Got to find some reason for somebody to vote for her.

She could argue that she has the experience. But like you said that would open up questions regarding her performance.
07-27-2016 11:55 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte

It makes em feel all warm and fuzzy inside no matter how asinine the nomination was.
07-27-2016 12:03 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7

Jill Stein have more integrity than Hillary. She will mopped the floor with Hillary with attacks from the Libya issue and other stuff. Jill will not be handcuff with attacks like Bernie was since Jill is in the Green Party.
07-27-2016 12:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

(07-27-2016 12:07 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  

Jill Stein have more integrity than Hillary. She will mopped the floor with Hillary with attacks from the Libya issue and other stuff. Jill will not be handcuff with attacks like Bernie was since Jill is in the Green Party.

I'm sorry but...03-lmfao

You know as well as I do the media has zero intention of covering either Jill Stein or Gary Johnson. Neither will be invited to any debates.
07-27-2016 01:52 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(07-27-2016 12:07 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  

Gary Johnson is at least polling right on the edge of making the debates. Jill Stein, however, is nowhere close. Additionally, I'm not even sure if Jill Stein has a mathematical path to victory, as the Green Party is only on the ballet in some 20-something states. The Libertarian Party is on all 50 ballots.
07-28-2016 09:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.