Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cincinnati Football By The Numbers
Bookmark and Share
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Cincinnati Football By The Numbers
All of this realignment talk and some folks having "trepidation" about our worthiness to get the call from the B12 (relative to other programs) got me looking at some numbers for our Cats. My disclaimer is knowing that getting the P5 invite involves strong performance across an array of metrics, I chose to focus the lense specifically on the results of the football program over the past 20 seasons that began with our entrance into CUSA:

CUSA: 52-55 (.486)
BEAST: 69-33 (.676)
AAC: 25-14 (.641)
Total: 146-102 (.589)
Conference Championships (Includes Co-Champions): 6
Bowls: 6-8

Now consider the most FBS wins over the past 10 seasons for schools of interest:

5) Oklahoma
7) TCU
14) BYU
17) Cincinnati (Tied with Ok. State)
20) Houston
23) Texas (Tied with Nebraska)
25) WVU (Tied with PSU/Navy/Auburn)

Which brings me to Houston since they seem to be mentioned often in the media and on various CSN boards as superior in football performance and brand. Here are the Coogs numbers over the same past 20 seasons:

CUSA:103-104 (.498)
AAC: 29-11 (.725)
Total: 132-115 (.534)
Conference Championships (Includes Co-Champions): 3
Bowls: 4-7

If you throw out Houston's 13-1 season and our 7-6 season last year our records would be pretty identical in the AAC. It would seem that the B12 would consider a longer trajectory from the past on winning performance and not just the "flavor of the month/moment." With all due respect to our Houston mates and to other programs being considered not named BYU, UC can make the case for stronger long term performance particularly after we left CUSA.

Whether these numbers give you any more confidence or not is up to you but I wanted to give some food for thought...

07-21-2016 07:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.