The Dream AAC scenario
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
The Dream AAC scenario
for the league, not individuals

the big 12 does 12 and states they are done for the forsee-able future
they then take UCONN and CSU

we take a basketball hit but football remains intact perception wise...
here's the kicker, BYU is now demoralized and a already weak MWC is weakened

byu sdsu are the first move to move to the AAC then boise follows out of fear (byu leaving hurt the already thin WCC for zaga)

the end (all sports):

WEST division
Boise
BYU
SDSU
UH
SMU
Tulsa
Navy (football only), add gonzaga for bball/Olympics

East:
Cincy
Memphis
UCF
USF
ECU
Temple
Tulane

we end up stronger than we were going in
07-20-2016 06:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
The Dream AAC scenario
(07-20-2016 06:25 PM)pesik Wrote:  for the league, not individuals

byu sdsu are the first move to move to the AAC then boise follows out of fear (byu leaving hurt the already thin WCC for zaga)

the end (all sports):

WEST division
Boise
BYU
SDSU
UH
SMU
Tulsa

East:
Cincy
Memphis
UCF
USF
ECU
Temple
Tulane

This won't happen.
07-20-2016 06:41 PM
AusTxPony Offline
1st String

I Root For: SMU
RE: The Dream AAC scenario
Don't think Boise will come. They have a legit shot at Access Bowl every year with weakened MWC. Big 12 unlikely to invite another Texas team and dilute recruiting advantage IMO. If they take 4, don't we have to go West? AFA, CSU, UNM, and BYU or sdsu, unlv, usm?
07-20-2016 06:53 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(07-20-2016 06:53 PM)AusTxPony Wrote:  Don't think Boise will come. They have a legit shot at Access Bowl every year with weakened MWC. Big 12 unlikely to invite another Texas team and dilute recruiting advantage IMO. If they take 4, don't we have to go West? AFA, CSU, UNM, and BYU or sdsu, unlv, usm?

It doesnt work like that... the fear of being left behind outweighs that of any easy road to an access..they could stay in order to get the access but in 2020 when everything is restructed the aac could have our own autobid and the weakne mwc might not..

if byu and sdsu jump boise will follow in fear
07-20-2016 07:00 PM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

The Dream AAC scenario
(07-20-2016 06:53 PM)AusTxPony Wrote:  Don't think Boise will come. They have a legit shot at Access Bowl every year with weakened MWC. Big 12 unlikely to invite another Texas team and dilute recruiting advantage IMO. If they take 4, don't we have to go West? AFA, CSU, UNM, and BYU or sdsu, unlv, usm?

Looks like the big 12 doesn't agree with you. UH and BYU are who the coaches want.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...poll-shows
07-20-2016 07:03 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(07-20-2016 07:03 PM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  

Looks like the big 12 doesn't agree with you. UH and BYU are who the coaches want.

we get it as a UH fan you think UH is a lock, just like the 10 other fanbases who think they are a lock for the 4 spots ..

i dont need to read your article, i made a thread about it 9 hours ago..the coaches arent making the decisions, its good vibes and a nice sign..but as of right now no one knows anything and we have no clue who will be taken..just looking at all scenarios, you dont have to run and attack every one that doesn't have Houston in the big 12
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2016 07:14 PM by pesik.)
07-20-2016 07:09 PM
Advertisement

Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

The Dream AAC scenario
(07-20-2016 07:09 PM)pesik Wrote:  

we get it as a UH fan you think UH is a lock, just like the 10 other fanbases who think they are a lock for the 4 spots ..

i dont need to read your article, i made a thread about it 9 hours ago..the coaches arent making the decisions, its good vibes and a nice sign..but as of right now know one knows anything an we have no clue who ill be taken..just looking at all scenarios you dont have to run and attack every one that doesnt have houston in the big 12

I havn't attacked anyone so not sure what your talking about. Also i have been pushing for uh to the pac because i don't think they get into the big 12. Also i wasn't replying to you so I'm not sure what your talking about.

Lastly if you don't think the coaches have the most pull on who their school votes for your just kidding yourself.
07-20-2016 07:14 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(07-20-2016 07:14 PM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  

i dont need to read your article, i made a thread about it 9 hours ago..the coaches arent making the decisions, its good vibes and a nice sign..but as of right now know one knows anything an we have no clue who ill be taken..just looking at all scenarios you dont have to run and attack every one that doesnt have houston in the big 12

I havn't attacked anyone so not sure what your talking about. Also i have been pushing for uh to the pac because i don't think they get into the big 12. Also i wasn't replying to you so I'm not sure what your talking about.

Lastly if you don't think the coaches have the most pull on who their school votes for your just kidding yourself.

i disagree, strong will have no say and barely holding on to his job, kingsbury will have no say, cambell at iowa state was just hired 3 months ago, grobe at baylor will be jobless in 4 months

tcu and kstate are the only 2 schools where the coaches have influence and we have no clue who they voted for
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2016 07:19 PM by pesik.)
07-20-2016 07:19 PM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

The Dream AAC scenario
(07-20-2016 07:19 PM)pesik Wrote:  

i disagree, strong will have no say and barely holding on to his job, kingsbury will have no say, cambell at iowa state was just hired 3 months ago, grobe at baylor will be jobless in 4 months

tcu and kstate are the only 2 schools where the coaches have influence and we have no clue who they voted for

I just find it hard to believe a president would piss of their coach. It would not be good for a program.
07-20-2016 07:21 PM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
The dream scenario is BYU + Colorado State
07-20-2016 07:22 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
The coaches have 0 to do with who is added. Useless poll.
07-20-2016 07:57 PM
Advertisement

Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

The Dream AAC scenario
(07-20-2016 07:57 PM)goodknightfl Wrote:  The coaches have 0 to do with who is added. Useless poll.

Except its not useless. Football drives expansion and the last thing you want to do is piss of your football coach.
07-20-2016 08:01 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
dream aac all you want, do it without us, we gone
07-20-2016 08:12 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
We have to raid the MWC and form a 16 team conference.
07-21-2016 12:43 AM
MemphisTigerFreak Offline
Fear God, Not Man

I Root For: Memphis
(07-20-2016 08:01 PM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(07-20-2016 07:57 PM)goodknightfl Wrote:  The coaches have 0 to do with who is added. Useless poll.

Except its not useless. Football drives expansion and the last thing you want to do is piss of your football coach.

Conference affiliation and the opinion of coaches who will more than likely be at a school for only 3-7 years are apples to oranges.
07-21-2016 05:07 AM
dave108 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: cincy
(07-20-2016 07:19 PM)pesik Wrote:  

not to sound "weird", but, pesik, I have seen your posts on several sites over the years - you seem to have usually really tried to think out what you post, before you post it, and you rarely take shots at other posters. we all know who you root for, but you're decent about it. We may root for different teams, but, I do respect you. you're not an #@^hole, like a lot of the guys on here (yes, sherekhan and bcat1, you know who I mean). you state your opinion, back it up, and throw it out there for discussion. that's what these boards should be about.
07-21-2016 05:38 AM
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(07-20-2016 06:25 PM)pesik Wrote:  for the league, not individuals

the end (all sports):

WEST division
Boise
BYU
SDSU
UH
SMU
Tulsa

East:
Cincy
Memphis
UCF
USF
ECU
Temple
Tulane

Not going to happen.
07-21-2016 07:02 AM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation

they'd have a worse shot at a Access Bowl.
Remember when Marshall compiled that gaudy record not long ago in football and no one cared?
Its because they played no one of worth.
Boise in a weakened conference would have to win 200 in a row for anyone to give a fart.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2016 10:36 AM by EarthBoundMisfit.)
07-21-2016 10:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I think that best for league would be Big12 goes to 12 and takes BYU and an AAC team.

I know we all want our school to get that ticket to the P5, but I gotta be honest the B12 looks like a hot mess just waiting to explode. Yes I know my school would take the invite if it came and so would all others.

I like the AAC and if wish we were making bigger money and have same access as P5 to playoffs I would rather stay. But that isn't happening.

With that said I do hope the league stays as strong as possible for my school if we don't get picked and for the rest of the schools that will stay.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2016 07:50 PM by Cubanbull.)
07-21-2016 07:49 PM
EDLUVAR Offline
1st String

I Root For: Boise St.
(07-21-2016 10:34 AM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  

they'd have a worse shot at a Access Bowl.
Remember when Marshall compiled that gaudy record not long ago in football and no one cared?
Its because they played no one of worth.
Boise in a weakened conference would have to win 200 in a row for anyone to give a fart.

You do understand bsu won the access bowl slot in 2014 right? People talk about east coast bias but there is also a bsu bias that will get them in the spotlight and ahead of other teams all being equal.
07-21-2016 10:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.