Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

C.J. Gettys
Bookmark and Share
Coast2Coast Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UNCW
C.J. Gettys
Is C.J. officially transferring? If so, where?

Coast2Coast
07-18-2016 10:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Seahawk Nation 08 Offline
Heisman

RE: C.J. Gettys
Yep he's gone. I don't have anything official, but I think his new school is in the Atlanta area.
07-18-2016 11:00 AM
Coast2Coast Offline
Water Engineer

That' a shame. This year's team is going to be really good but we are one big guy away from being great. I was really hoping we'd get a transfer to go along with C.J. and hoped he'd take his game to the next level. Oh well. I think Cacok has serious potential - hopefully he can really get it going this year!

Coast2Coast
07-19-2016 07:56 AM
CoastGuardHawk06 Offline
Chief Warrant Officer of the Board

C.J. Gettys
Welcome C2C.
07-21-2016 01:45 AM

billthebighawksfan Offline
1st String

C2C,
I was kinda thinking that same thing but it's hard to question the "MAN". Coach is VERY good so I'm gonna give him a little slack on this one. Yes, a dynamac big would have been great, but team unity is also huge plus APR. Big Chuck can do things running the floor and swatting on/off the ball plus has some skills so it's not all bad. I think that Coach probably thinks that Elmore needs some minutes right away. Just a guess on that. Yes, I liked CJ a whole lot (underated player for sure!), but the team should be good and Marcus was pretty dog gone good last year as well!
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2016 12:26 AM by billthebighawksfan.)
07-23-2016 12:22 AM
1st String

And, yes I agree that Cacok has SERIOUS potential. Terrific athlete that can be a great 4 man! In this system, he can potentially be great. He has to embrace getting his shot mechanics together at the FT line and extended plus develop his handles. He's nice already! I like what Cacok brings for sure! And I'm sure that he's working on it. We all have to work on our games if we want to be the best ( I'm old now and just a coach). You have to add at least one more thing each each year to be good and I'm sure that he and much of the team is that way. It's a good group of young men that love ball. Credit the coach for finding guys like this. They know that they are good, but know that there's more out there. Good environment.
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2016 01:08 AM by billthebighawksfan.)
07-23-2016 12:56 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
All American

(07-23-2016 12:22 AM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  C2C,
I was kinda thinking that same thing but it's hard to question the "MAN". Coach is VERY good so I'm gonna give him a little slack on this one. Yes, a dynamac big would have been great, but team unity is also huge plus APR. Big Chuck can do things running the floor and swatting on/off the ball plus has some skills so it's not all bad. I think that Coach probably thinks that Elmore needs some minutes right away. Just a guess on that. Yes, I liked CJ a whole lot (underated player for sure!), but the team should be good and Marcus was pretty dog gone good last year as well!
I know we have beaten this dead horse before, but in order to make the next step and have a legit shot at a serious run, we need a big or two over 6'8. Those guys simply can't get it done even against scrubs like Plumlee.
07-23-2016 10:18 AM

geezerhawkdad Offline
Bench Warmer

A lot of All-Americans would like to sign a 3 year deal with Knicks like Plumlee did. We can argue whether playing for the Knicks is really playing in the NBA, but they pay their players in US dollars like the other NBA teams.

There is no substitute for big guys who can run and jump like the Plumlees. Duke won 2 championships while the three were there.
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2016 11:35 AM by geezerhawkdad.)
07-23-2016 11:34 AM
1st String

The freshman from Jacksonville is big, skilled and can run and jump too so help should be on the way.
07-23-2016 02:23 PM
jumpinmullet Offline
1st String

I Root For: Pepperdine
I would not count on getting to much from a freshman big in the CAA. Elmore is pretty good but if he was ready for big minutes at this level he would be in the ACC somewhere.
I also don't get why my man hates the Plumlee kid so much. Good kid and very good athlete. He did flat out take it to the UNCW bigs on both ends.
07-26-2016 03:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.